Jets game and smack talk

Good. I like the Jets better as underdogs better anyway. They come out with more fire.

They've been underdogs in last 2 AFC conference championship games. How'd that work out ?

We ain't judging by pay. We're judging by talent. And Mangold is just better at this stage in time.

Although he's never blocked for a back with jacksons numbers at this point in the season nor fitz qb rating ...... hmmmm

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been underdogs in last 2 AFC conference championship games. How'd that work out ?

Although he's never blocked for a back with jacksons numbers at this point in the season nor fitz qb rating ...... hmmmm

Ya, there are NO other factors. Just the center's play, obviously.

They were underdogs in every other playoff game too. How'd that work out?

Ya, there are NO other factors. Just the center's play, obviously.

So what is it, bills are greatly superior at RB and QB or Mangold isn't nearly as good as you'd been yapping about? on one hand you put jets offensive issues on mangold missing some games then on the other you try to diminish the centers value. Contradict yourself much? hmmm....

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

We ain't judging by pay. We're judging by talent. And Mangold is just better at this stage in time.

It's the "talent", and "better" I'm asking you to articulate. How is Mangold "better", "gooder", all "superior".. What metrics are you using to gauge your objective opinion? What makes you think the way you do?

Tim-

This Slauson character obviously wants to get Dareus good and pissed off before he lines up against him Sunday.

I hope he gets Dareus pissed. Oh man. I hope Dareus lines up over him the first play and pushes him right into and ontop of Sanchez.

God I can't believe I'm actually going to be missing this game! I never miss games. :(

If they start giving us chalkboard fodder it wont matter much to these guys. I dont think Chan uses that to fire his guys up. How could you need anything to fire you up?!?

U never know which Rex team shows up, especially on the road where they're winless so far. I am psyched and worried at the same time.

Edited by r00tabaga

Really? He blanketed Welker (NFL's leading receiver) in the slot on 21 plays for 1 reception, 4 yards.

The 2.9 rating against him speaks volumes.

J-E-T-S, I won't argue about Revis's DB skills because I respect the guy's talent. But he's just one guy. Gailey likes to send 4 or 5 guys out on patterns figuring there has to be a mismatch somewhere. Fitz won't force passes to Stevie if Revis is covering him tightly. Instead, Fitz will just find the open man.

If the Jets try to put a bunch of DBs in the game to effectively cover all those WRs, the Bills will just run Freddy. The Jets will have to pick their poison: try to cover wideouts and RBs with LBs or try to tackle Freddy with DBs.

In any case, it's hard for the DBs to think pass first when the Bills have a back averaging over 100 yards a game rushing. They'll need to give run support and thus sometimes they may bite on play-action or otherwise falter in their coverage responsibilities because they're thinking about the run. Let me tell you, if the Jets secondary is not thinking they have to help stop Freddy, the Jets will have a long day.

Finally, the Bills don't always necessarily rely on the speed and athletic ability of their WRs to get open. It's not just simple mano-a-mano battles: Revis versus Stevie. The Bills will sometimes for example run legal versions of pick plays. They will also bunch their receivers on the line of scrimmage to create chaos. Even Revis could have trouble staying with Stevie if he has to fight through the traffic of other WRs and DBs.

No team has yet figured out how to hold the Bills offense under 20 points and I don't foresee the Jets being the first to do so. The Bills are averaging about 30 pts per game and the Jets are giving about 22. Let's split the difference and expect the Bill to score 26 pts.

Can the Jets score 26 points against a Bills D that looked stout in its first and most recent games and horribly porous in the others? I think probably no. While the Bills Defense has given up miles of yards this year, they have not given up tons of points thanks to all the take-aways.

but I have seen the jets boards.....am not going to get into a discussion with that insanity....they just think that Revis will take away Stevie Johnston and Freddie will have to beat us so they will stack the box. Sometimes its painful as a fan when you do more research on your opponent then they do on your team then they bringa knife to a gunfight (not like our discussion will decide anything)

You know who I think has a huge day in this game? David Nelson.....their linebackers are slow and Nelson will be playing the slot causing tough mismatches for them....we run our offense much the same way the Patriots do except with a better running game. It wont matter that their best DB is better then our best WR because we will go 5 wide and force them to cover with inferior defensive backs in their rotation.

Revis takes away everyone. Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson had bad games against Revis (like 80 yards in 3 games combined the last couple years). Stevie is not as good as them, and I doubt he will have a better game. Sorry to disappoint you.

Most likely the Jets will stack the box (you never know with Rex though). David Nelson is going to be covered by Kyle Wilson in the slot most likely, who's been having a great year. Scott Chandler, if he can do anything outside of the red zone, will be the one having the big game. The Jets' CB rotation has been insane this year. Although if the Bills do go 5 wide, it might cause some problems. We'll see what happens.

I agreed with that even. Jets have trouble with linebackers and safeties in coverage. The corner depth is among the best in the league though.

Nelson or Chandler will probably get Wilson. One of the two will most likely have a big game. But as far as I have seen this year, chandler is mostly being used in the 20 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Mangold is the best center in the league by a mile. I'm sorry, but I'm not worried about Dareus, though he's good, getting past Mangold.

Mangold starting vs an undrafted rookie free agent starting (who was only with the team for 3 weeks) is a huge difference. Even with taking the BEATING you say he was, he's only thrown 5 interceptions (with a couple of fumbles). Not the turnover machine you're used to, just like these aren't the Bills Jets fans are used to.

You aren't getting this, and I read further that you are insisting on talking about our skill players in term of "options". As has already been explained, there is clearly no "read progression" here in the traditional sense, therefore, there are not "options" in the traditional sense. On any given play 3 of our guys are the "primary receiver". I would call it the "judo" offense, because it uses whatever you are trying to do against you. This is the perfect offense to run against a big fat blowhard who want to attack it with physicality....

The other point that needs to be reinforced is: Who are your #4 and #5 CB? They will be on the field...a lot. Namaan Roosevelt has owned everybody else's #4 and #5 and again, he's not the #4 option. On these plays, he is often the first guy Fitz looks at, especially on 3rd down. Who can cover Spiller and Freddy...as WRs? Because, I assure you, they will be lining up there.

The final point is: I guarantee your MLB and S cannot cover David Nelson or Scott Chandler. Those 2 guys have left a trail of dead "MLB/S covers Nelson/Chandler" defensive schemes behind them. But, by all means, stack the box with short, light weight guys who can't cover. :lol: Or better, have them blitz! Nothing would please me more than watching Fitz throw the ball over their heads to Chandler/Nelson.

If the Jets look to take things away(Revis Island), that only helps us. Let me say that again: Revis Island HELPS us. Please feel free to take one of your defenders out of your team defensive scheme, and create an opportunity for us to clear out that side of the field so we can run outs/screens to it, and have a pre-positioned lead blocker on Revis.

You take Revis Island, and add to that you have to play nickel, at least, all game.....and that's when we start running Fred Jackson off tackle, and off center for Pete's sake, with 5-6 of your defenders at least 10 yards down field. Please feel free to have the fat man run his mouth and be "intimidating" :lol: we will let you have your big D play to nowhere, and simply run/pass to wherever the "big play" guy was supposed to be.

We have 6 skill players you MUST account for. Taking away 1 or 2 "options" solves nothing.

Gotta disagree. I have never met a Jets fan that has an intelligent conversation about football. They listen to Rexy and they believe everything he says.

Its hard to even talk to a jets fan about football IMO. More annoying than anything

Typical NYC/NJ fan arrogance. Loudmouth meatheads.

It's the "talent", and "better" I'm asking you to articulate. How is Mangold "better", "gooder", all "superior".. What metrics are you using to gauge your objective opinion? What makes you think the way you do?

Tim-

Im telling you....this jets fan is stuck on what the jets have done the last two years rather then THIS year....and cannot seem to let it go

THIS year the bills offensive line has been one of the very best in the league.....and Wood is a big part of that....meanwhile Mangold has had difficulty staying healthy this season and the jets have not been as good as the bills offensively....

So yeah.....I think he is a little bias

I agreed with that even. Jets have trouble with linebackers and safeties in coverage. The corner depth is among the best in the league though.

Nelson or Chandler will probably get Wilson. One of the two will most likely have a big game. But as far as I have seen this year, chandler is mostly being used in the 20 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Mangold is the best center in the league by a mile. I'm sorry, but I'm not worried about Dareus, though he's good, getting past Mangold.

Mangold starting vs an undrafted rookie free agent starting (who was only with the team for 3 weeks) is a huge difference. Even with taking the BEATING you say he was, he's only thrown 5 interceptions (with a couple of fumbles). Not the turnover machine you're used to, just like these aren't the Bills Jets fans are used to.

I dont think Brady, or Vick were considered "turn over machines." The Bills have a very opportunistic defense. My dad is a jets fan; I have watched every jets and Bills game this year, and i dont believe that the jets will be able to keep scoring pace with the Bills. Its not even that i think the jets O is not good, but the play calling is predictable. I also think it would be a poor decision to play Mangold against Dareus man up. if they do, Mangold has a tough day. If they double him, are advantage.

That would be the equivilant of Pears talking crap for us....I guess

Anyhow......I think the jets came in and beat us up like a bully on the playground seriously....

but I have seen the jets boards.....am not going to get into a discussion with that insanity....they just think that Revis will take away Stevie Johnston and Freddie will have to beat us so they will stack the box. Sometimes its painful as a fan when you do more research on your opponent then they do on your team then they bringa knife to a gunfight (not like our discussion will decide anything)

You know who I think has a huge day in this game? David Nelson.....their linebackers are slow and Nelson will be playing the slot causing tough mismatches for them....we run our offense much the same way the Patriots do except with a better running game. It wont matter that their best DB is better then our best WR because we will go 5 wide and force them to cover with inferior defensive backs in their rotation.

And once again.....it will come down to how well our defense will play.....we must continue to stop the run like we have been doing and get pressure on Sanchez who is prone to the turnover.

You are suffering from the same reading comprehension as those over at the jets board.....I said that the bills will probably go 5 wide on the field forcing you into bad matchups with the ones NOT named Revis and Johnston....nowhere in my post did I say that Johnston was going to beat Revis.

David Nelson is basically a Tight End who runs like a wide receiver.....if TE's give you trouble....then this is where the trouble with come. Although I find it interesting looking at the jets board they think that for some reason Chandler cant catch a pass unless its inside the 20. Nothing could be further then the truth.

Nobody is running on us with any kind of consistancy this year....dont look at the stat sheet....it doesnt tell the true story. Mangold is in serius trouble if Darius ends up lineing up across from him.

Hard to get to Sanchez? I am looking at the Raiders beating him like a red headed step child all game. Sanchez is taking a BEATING this year and when he gets hit he makes mental mistakes....simple as that.

I cant stand the jets but you cannot use that arguement.....the bills have also squeaked out wins this year against the odds.

I just find it interesting that it is EXPECTED that the jets win this game.....I dont think so.

Its over 2 years jets....he wasnt' really an option last year but was active.

He has been active for two games this year.

I guess I am not not explaining it well enough.....there are no star guys on this team....even Stevie Johnston was a 7th rounder and the ONLY drafted guy.

Its about the system....not the players. You will see.

He does....but Fitz is a system QB and he will do what Chan tells him to (and Chan really is an offensive genious)

I dont expect Stevie to have a big game but I do expect that Fitz will test Revis....what he will probably do is try to get Johston in space or take him over the middle on a slant....but we wont be throwing at Revis much.

Honest the player I expect to have a big day on our team is David Nelson.....this is the kind of game where he really excells. The matchup that I am really wanting to see most is Mangold vs Darius.

is this some kind of nick-name or do you really not know the name of the Bills receiver's...Johnson...no "T" :doh::D

That's some funny stuff there. Angry? I'm not the one thats angry. I was being nice to start out things but everyone started breaking my you know whats.

I guess I get why people in Buffalo would be angry I suppose since the last thing they won was the battle with Rochester over the 716 area code. Congrats on that one by the way.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS

Im sure your just some loser from pookipse or however you spell your worthless towns name. Most jets "fans" are.

Edited by Brian Billick

Wow, Jimmy Spags you are really insightful ... some things are just really freaky (with it being near Halloween and all) ... like Maybin's emerging talent ... hmmm, next thing you'll tell me is that a respected NFL Head Coach has a wierd fetish ... like he is REALLY INTO FEET. Maybe, he dresses up in a leather boy scout uniform and paints women's toenails different colors or gets off sucking on his wife's toes. Maybe he even videotapes feet so when it is late and night and he is on the road, he can rub one out. Oh, wait ... where did I hear that before?

PS. JETS ... SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!