Jets game and smack talk

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, your logic is too good. You win. :worthy:

I know this is a smack talk thread.....but I've gotta say....come back any time you want J-E-T-S.

Who'd a thunk it? A Jest fan that actually value adds to TBD. :thumbsup:

From Eric Mack - Inside Fantasy Football - CNN-Si

I think I read an article of his. A total doofus without a clue.

The Bills can score 7 FG's and STILL win the game!!!

Avoid Fitzpatrick at all costs; others to start/bench

Sanchez hasn't been good, but he is going to be his best yet here.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/#ixzz1cjmbLDLN

DAREUS up the Middle

Look at the stats

NFL Team Offense Statistics - 2011

#11 Buffalo 2661 total Yards, 380.1 YPG, 211 total Points, 30.1 PPG

#30 30 NY Jets 2101 total Yards, 300.1 YPG, 172 total Points, 24.6 PPG

NFL Team Defense Statistics - 2011

Teams that racked up yards against Buffalo were the Pats and Raiders both WINS,

the NYETS have an edge in all but what matters

Buffalo 147 total Points, 21.0 PPG

152 total Points, 21.7 PPG

Again, what matters --- two of the same teams had different results - NYETS vv Pats and Raiders they LOST both

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo

Start 'em

• QB Mark Sanchez, RB Shonn Greene, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Dustin Keller, K Nick Folk, D/ST Jets

This is about as crucial of a game the Jets can face coming off their bye week and they get a defense that is in the bottom 10 against QBs, RBs and TEs. It amounts to a "start all" game for your Jets. You should get solid production out of all the guys above and should even consider Plaxico Burress in deeper leagues. Sanchez hasn't been good, but he is going to be his best yet here.

Sit 'em

• QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WR Steve Johnson, TE Scott Chandler, D/ST Bills

While we love the Jets here, you should not like any of your Bills, even if they are home. Fred Jackson has to start in all leagues -- and he is facing the sixth-worst team against RBs in fantasy -- but the Jets run defense is going to improve and won't render a great day for the Bills' leading offensive threat. Fitzpatrick is facing the No. 1 team in fantasy against QBs and Johnson is going to draw Darrelle Revis and a Jets team No. 3 against WRs. Chandler's red-zone TDs returned last week, but the Bills might not score a touchdown in this one.

:angry:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/eric_mack/11/02/fantasy-football-start-sit/index.html#ixzz1cfL9HcT3

Bulletin board material from a fantasy football writer?

this reminds me -- i need to check out the albany times union site to get jennifer gish's take on this week's game.

Had to go check it out....don't bother! Jen's been knocked off her soap box and sent back to the minors....writing about parenting! Not even a sentence about sports has come from her since the "story heard around the world...of Bills nation!"

In fact, the only articles published in the Times Union that mention her and football are a couple blasting her for her b.s. article.

couple of tidbits...

Jets sign 2nd former Bill

Posted by Chris Brown on October 31, 2011 – 9:59 am

The New York Jets are at it again signing another former Bills player. Already with Aaron Maybin on the roster , Jets signed TE Shawn Nelson according to a NY Daily News report.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/10/31/jets-sign-2nd-former-bill/

Mark Brunell, 41, is in his second year as the veteran backup for starter Mark Sanchez, and filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization on June 25, 2010. He has played in three Pro Bowls, owns a Super Bowl ring and earned upwards of $50 million in salary playing for the Packers, Jaguars, Redskins, Saints and Jets during a 19-season career.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-quarterback-mark-brunell-faces-huges-debts-article-1.972042

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo

Start 'em

• QB Mark Sanchez, RB Shonn Greene, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Dustin Keller, K Nick Folk, D/ST Jets

This is about as crucial of a game the Jets can face coming off their bye week and they get a defense that is in the bottom 10 against QBs, RBs and TEs. It amounts to a "start all" game for your Jets. You should get solid production out of all the guys above and should even consider Plaxico Burress in deeper leagues. Sanchez hasn't been good, but he is going to be his best yet here.

Sit 'em

• QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WR Steve Johnson, TE Scott Chandler, D/ST Bills

While we love the Jets here, you should not like any of your Bills, even if they are home. Fred Jackson has to start in all leagues -- and he is facing the sixth-worst team against RBs in fantasy -- but the Jets run defense is going to improve and won't render a great day for the Bills' leading offensive threat. Fitzpatrick is facing the No. 1 team in fantasy against QBs and Johnson is going to draw Darrelle Revis and a Jets team No. 3 against WRs. Chandler's red-zone TDs returned last week, but the Bills might not score a touchdown in this one.

:angry:

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1cfL9HcT3

Sometimes I think I should play fantasy football just so that I could clean up.

I would play stats strictly, and not spout opinions like "Jets run defense is going to improve" "Bills might not score a touchdown in this one" and

"Sanchez hasn't been good, but he is going to be his best yet here" unless they were supported by some significant change, such as key players returning from injury or an angel of QB goodness observed descending into the Jets Practice Facility in a globe of sparkly light.

Then I wake up and realize it would aggravate me too much because of stuff like this.

Fantasy is entirely based on statistics, but football is played by teams. If you want to look at stats, you need to look, at least a little bit, at team stats.

In YPG, the Bills offense is #10. The Jets are #29.

So what, you say. Football games are won by points.

Bills are 3rd in the league with 30 PPG. Jets are 10th in the league with 24.6 PPG.

What about points given up? Bills mediocre at #12. Jets more mediocre at #14.

Bills are +9 in TO, Jets are +3. On offense, 3rd down conversions Bills are 11th with 42%, Jets 17th with 38%.

The Jets do have an advantage on D with 3rd downs allowed: 32% allowed for the Jets, 38% allowed for the Bills.

WTH does "#1 in the league against QB" mean? What is the criteria?

The Bills have played 4 teams touted as having top DL or top pass rush: Giants (#1 for sacks made), Redskins (#4 sacks made), Eagles (#6) and Bengals (#12)

They are 2nd in the league for sacks given up, 7th for QB hits.

The Jets have played 2 teams with a strong DL or pass rush: Ravens (#2 for sacks made), Cowboys (#7 for sacks made), and 5 teams in the bottom of the league.

Jets are 17th for sacks given up, and 15th for QB hits.

Against overall strong-pressure teams, the Bills are doing much better at keeping Fitzy clean than the Jets are for Sanchez.

Why you like Sanchez and sit Fitzy in those circs, beats me. Yeah, the Jets starting center has been out with injuries. So has both the Bills starting LT and backup LT.

The only way the Bills lose this one is if they psych themselves out because of their history and make lots of mistakes, or get discouraged if there is early rough going.

We need to stuff the Jets run while converting 3rd downs on offense to sustain drives.

GO BILLS!