Remaning schedule

eball

Home games: Skins (yes, I know it's Toronto), Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Titans -- Bills will be favored in four of those games, and probably even against the Jets. I'd expect 4-1, and 5-0 is not out of the question.

Road games: Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Pats* -- Bills will be dogs in four out of five, but the Cowboys, Jets, and Chargers have been anything but dominant. All of those games should go down to the wire.

Bottom line: if the Bills can get a little healthier, my preseason prediction of 11-5 still isn't out of the question, and 10-6 is far from a longshot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are surely going to need to win more than 1 more road game. They are not going 8-0 at home.

Couldn't agree more, no way do the Bills stand any chance at going 8-0 at home. But I think there's a very good chance they can go 7-0 at home and 1-0 in Toronto

Home games: Skins (yes, I know it's Toronto), Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Titans -- Bills will be favored in four of those games, and probably even against the Jets. I'd expect 4-1, and 5-0 is not out of the question.

Road games: Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Pats* -- Bills will be dogs in four out of five, but the Cowboys, Jets, and Chargers have been anything but dominant. All of those games should go down to the wire.

Bottom line: if the Bills can get a little healthier, my preseason prediction of 11-5 still isn't out of the question, and 10-6 is far from a longshot.

We will beat the Jets as I'm going to the game and it should bring some positive karma.

I'd expect 5-0. The road games are tricky.

Unless we plan on getting home field advantage, and they move the SB to the Ralph, then we better start winning some games in other teams stadiums.

I saw we beat the Fish, Jest, and 'Girls on the road, and all of our home games (we lose in Oh Cananda). Why not?

I have the most likely outcome for the Bills right now (premised on subjective estimates of projected pointspreads/win % for the balance of the season) at either 10 or 11 wins.

I put a fairly detailed analysis of this in the "predictions" thread if anyone is interested in that sort of analysis. Would love to see others sharing their own modeling or data.

Edited by MRM33064

Personally, I'm still too surprized at how well were doing this year to try to accurately assess the rest of the season. Of course I'm a homer and always hope for the best. But with the exception of the opener, every game could have gone either way. I DO believe in ChanNix and that there's a real turnaround with the team. With the possible exception of Miami, I have no reason to think the remaining schedule will be any different than what we've seen so far. We used to lose close games with haunting regularity and the noticable improvement is that the Bills now believe in their systems and CAN win these games. Still, this is all very new to us and we're experimenting with new players while losing others to injury. We definately have some defensive liabilities that must be addressed if we're to realize the Playoffs.

We could win 6 or more games and we could lose 6 or more games. A loss for every team we play will be critical to their season as well.

Sorry. I just can't add a prediction. I don't know yet what we really have, but I'm enjoying the Bills more this season than any in recent memory.

yep - totally agree: Possible road game win (I think 2 at least) - Cowboys, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers ?

I'm thinking if the Bills can get healthy it looks like 4-5 wins, and that would still be huge at 8-8 -9-7

Even if they should lose the rest of the games for some reason and go 4-12 again, at least the world knows the Bills have finally found the right QB, GM and HC.

Its just a matter of filling in positions of need.

My preseason prediction was 10-6, but I hope I'm wrong and you're right!

They are surely going to need to win more than 1 more road game. They are not going 8-0 at home.

That is some convoluted logic. Is there any road game that they have a better chance of winning than any home game? Why is 8-0 so out of the realm of possibility? Skins, Jets, Fins, Titans, and Broncos. Although I'd say the odds are against them running the home table, to say they're "not going 8-0 at home" seems presumptuous. Not one of the five remaining home teams is any tougher than the Raiders or Patriots. It would be a tall order, but certainly possible.

I want the Bills to make the playoffs so bad it makes me anxious every Sunday. Two wins after the bye would be a huge boost going forward, especially with the amount of players who would return after those games.

I share your excitement. How long has it been since we've had a realistic chance at the playoffs? We do have some weaknesses, but we've either won or could have won every game so far. I think we are....as Marlon Brando (Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront) used to say..."a contendah!"

I'm thinking if the Bills can get healthy it looks like 4-5 wins, and that would still be huge at 8-8 -9-7

Even if they should lose the rest of the games for some reason and go 4-12 again, at least the world knows the Bills have finally found the right QB, GM and HC.

Its just a matter of filling in positions of need.

I have to disagree. If they lose out and finish 4-12, how do you conclude that they're any better than Jauron and Trent in 2008? At some point winning has to be the result, not just looking good in losses. Now, in no way do I think the Bills will lose out. But, if they did, I'd be firmly off the Fitz and Chan bandwagon and hard pressed to believe that any progress had been made at all.

Too bad "dinner's on me Smartypants" wasn't going on this year. That would have been funny.

vs Washington - First Ever win in Canada! W

vs New York - How bad did the Jests look on Monday night? W

@ Dallas - The Cowgirls don't look too hot but I can see the Bills screwing that up - L

@ Miami - With that fast defense and maybe the Dolphins WRs actually catch the ball in Miami - L

@ New York - You can't win all of them - L

(At this point fans freak out going from 6-2 to 6-5)

vs Tennessee - Tennessee looks tough, But some nice home cooking gets a W

@ San Diego - Thats a Long trip L

vs Miami - The Dolphins WRs won't catch in Buffalo in December - W

vs Denver - Tebow or no Tebow thats a W

(9-6)

@ New England - Bills Need a win for the 6th seed, Patriots have the #1 overall seed wrapped up. but they don't sit their starters and knock the Bills out of the playoffs. - L

A surprising yet disappointing 9-7

Now if they get the job done in Dallas 10-6 gets them in the playoffs. Every game is big but if they get at least one win out of those two road games @Dallas and @ San Diego it will have a huge effect on the playoff picture. Now if they break off 5 division wins in a row (which is possible) obviously a first round bye might be on the table going into week 17.

Its fun to watch football in OCTOBER that is still meaningful let alone November, December, January and dare I say February :flirt:

Edited by Why So Serious?

I hope Merriman gets back on the field. For whatever reason his presence brings something to the huddle and Lockerroom that makes this team feel like (and play like) winners. He may not be dominant on the field anymore, but I do think his absence at the Meadowlands hurt the Bills.