Moats and Sheppard ???

PDaDdy

I'm not sure that the statistics bare this out but it looked like the defense was more active and provided more pressure with Moats and Sheppard in there. Although he is not terrible I have never thought of Kelsay as a "play maker" and I'm not even sure who Sheppard replaced but I did notice that he was on the field and making an impact.

Any idea if these changes will be permanent? We need play makers and guys that are always around the ball on the field. At the very least these guys need to get more snaps on the field.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you're asking for ideas (opinions?), I think we have our LB's of the future with these 2 guys. Hungry players with a mean steak, faster than fatmen at a buffet and both with tremendous upside. Kelsay is stable and we know his limits. Merriman is still tryiing to get back to Light's Out -and may yet. But I'm lovin' Moats and what we've learned about Shep.

I truely believe we'll be field a competitive team for a good stretch into the future. God knows, we deserve it!

Is it just me or did Shep look a tad slow on the play where Vick ran 50+ yds?

Seriously? You have the most elusive QB the NFL has ever seen, and you think Sheppard seemed a "tad slow" on the play. I'm far from being a Bills homer, but put any NFL LB in that same position going up against Vick, and they will fare no better.

Everyone looks a tad slow when Vick runs. But yes, I think he took a bad angle. BTW, did anyone see that terrible hold on Vicks 1st run? I can't remember who it was on, but the guy was holding either Wood's or Reinheart's jersey from behind. I mean..... literally! Refs are really missing holds this year.

Since you're asking for ideas (opinions?), I think we have our LB's of the future with these 2 guys. Hungry players with a mean steak, faster than fatmen at a buffet and both with tremendous upside. Kelsay is stable and we know his limits. Merriman is still tryiing to get back to Light's Out -and may yet. But I'm lovin' Moats and what we've learned about Shep.

I truely believe we'll be field a competitive team for a good stretch into the future. God knows, we deserve it!

Ya man. The future looks bright for these two if they don't get boned by the "veteran" rule. It's early and it's one game but I definitely knew those guys were on the field Sunday. I hope they continue to make plays and get more playing time whether it means a "solid veteran" needs to get less.

Does anyone know who Sheppard replaced?

Seriously... I know it was Vick, but he didn't even really look athletic or quick in any sense... maybe he knew he couldn't catch him and didn't go "all out", but watch it and tell me what you think.

Wouldn't Shep be in Davis' spot?

That was my guess but I haven't been able to find the starting defensive roster for week 5. I don't really recall "noticing" Andre Davis in the past but I did notice Sheppard. I guess by process of elimination if he started he would have had to have replaced Davis.

Edited by PDaDdy

sheppard had another play on a vick throw where he was spying and vick threw it over the middle and without hesitation just leveled the guy for a slight gain on a slant. Even on the vick hit i don't know if anyone noticed but halfway through the hit he didn't let go purposefully so that there wouldn't be a penalty, no digging the head or shoulder just layed down a good solid and clean hit. Another guy might of gotten carried away and got a 15 yd penalty instead of 6 the other way. I see big intangibles in this kid.

Ya man. The future looks bright for these two if they don't get boned by the "veteran" rule. It's early and it's one game but I definitely knew those guys were on the field Sunday. I hope they continue to make plays and get more playing time whether it means a "solid veteran" needs to get less.

If there's one thing you should have learned about Gailey/Nix by now, it's that they don't care where you were drafted or how long you've been around. The guy who puts them in the best position to win will play. Exhibit A -- not forcing Spiller into the games when Jackson is playing all-world. Exhibit B -- Dareus has been starting from day one. There are more examples.

Everyone looks a tad slow when Vick runs. But yes, I think he took a bad angle. BTW, did anyone see that terrible hold on Vicks 1st run? I can't remember who it was on, but the guy was holding either Wood's or Reinheart's jersey from behind. I mean..... literally! Refs are really missing holds this year.

Wood and Rhineheart were playing defense..? No wounder we couldn't stop Vick..!

I watched it a couple of times and I was certain that Shep slipped when Vick started coming out of the backfield, and this is why he was out of position. Was I mistaken? It looked like he would have been in the right place had he not slipped.

I saw it on another board and then went and listened myself to see if it was true, and it was. Drayton Florence on GR said the whole team prepared a lot for the game watching film, and Kelvin Shepard was on the field calling out the plays before the Eagles ran them.

It was his first substantial playing time in his career. That's pretty amazing. Already one of my favorite players.

The issue is more "why in the hell would the BILLS have Shep playing Spy when he's obviously overmatched for the job"?

Bad scheme, bad result.

I'd say an improvement over Poz covering Calvin Johnson or any TE, though. Baby steps.

I'm excited about Moats, Shep, and Batten. Can't wait to watch the replay tonight so I can key in on these guys.

I'm not sure that the statistics bare this out but it looked like the defense was more active and provided more pressure with Moats and Sheppard in there.

This was a change in scheme for this game, not who was on the field.

Seriously... I know it was Vick, but he didn't even really look athletic or quick in any sense... maybe he knew he couldn't catch him and didn't go "all out", but watch it and tell me what you think.

Vick had a running head start of 20 yards as Shep was in pass coverage all alone in the middle of the field. Vick made him look a litle silly, but the fact there is not a LB in the league who is going to make that play. Not one.