Cowherd power rankings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even in his top 10. Have at it whiners. Another meaningless power ranking for the great unwashed.

Just heard it too He said he's not buying the bills good use it as black board material chan! Of coarse he loves the Cowpukes and then says NFL gave Oakland the shaft by making them go to Buffalo to play the Bills. then again Patriots i(I believe we beat them) also above us. guess we have to beat and we will the Giants and the cowpukes to get some respect

I think our "honorable mention" at 11 is fair enough. I think all of the teams he named above us would win on a neutral field. It's nice that we are 4-1, but we can't keep relying on 4 interceptions per game to win. The defense just can't be trusted to stop drives without turnovers.

I'm not going to throw a fit unless it's below 15... sure we have a great record, but have a lot of weaknesses. These rankings are not record based they are based on how the individual thinks we would do against other teams on a neutral field.

I rank us around 10 right now, could be higher, could be lower, depending on a few bounces of a few balls.

Either way...

Compared to how we were last year?

FREAKING AWESOME :D

I'm not going to throw a fit unless it's below 15... sure we have a great record, but have a lot of weaknesses. These rankings are not record based they are based on how the individual thinks we would do against other teams on a neutral field.

I rank us around 10 right now, could be higher, could be lower, depending on a few bounces of a few balls.

Either way...

Compared to how we were last year?

FREAKING AWESOME :D

This. I care as much about power rankings as I do about missing an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress", but it's a different team this year. The bounces are going their way and it's fun watching them.

In a league that markets the "superstar", nobody wants the team of misfit toys doing anything awesome and crashing that party besides all of us Bills fans.

Detroit is palatable because they have "stars".

The NFL and the national media would be horrified at having a team comprised of castoffs, 7th rounders and UDFAs making the playoffs, and heaven forbid getting to the Super Bowl. It would rip apart the time-space continuum and put a hell of a dent into the NFL's embrace and marketing of superstars.

The NFL, on the surface, embraces parity, but not to that extent where a bunch of Average Joe's can beat Globo Gym.

This team and its fans will never have a shortage of motivation to do well.

Cowplopp was beat up in third grade by a Polish kid from Lackawanna and has been trying to get back at Buffalo ever since. At least that's the way his shrill ranking sounds. Facts don't seem to have any influence on him, sooner or later he will be right and the Bills will lose another game and even if we are 14-2 at the time he will be screaming how right he is. :cry:

In a league that markets the "superstar", nobody wants the team of misfit toys doing anything awesome and crashing that party besides all of us Bills fans.

The NFL and the national media would be horrified at having a team comprised of castoffs, 7th rounders and UDFAs making the playoffs, and heaven forbid getting to the Super Bowl. It would rip apart the time-space continuum and put a hell of a dent into the NFL's embrace and marketing of superstars.

The NFL, on the surface, embraces parity, but not to that extent where a bunch of Average Joe's can beat Globo Gym.

The Saints were pretty much a patch work team embraced by the media and especially so because they were in a small market suffering hard times. They took a shot on an injured Brees after Miami passed on him for Culpepper (the modern day curse of the Bambino). Their whole championship roster has always been filled with castoffs, low round picks and UDFAs. Their only name high first rounder never performed close to his selection number.

The league didn't have whatever problem you are trying to desribe with guys like Kurt Warner and Drew Brees (who wasn't a star in his first job).

What you've totally missed (somehow) in your in depth analysis of the NFL is that parity allows fans from every team to have a reasonble expectation that they are or are nearly a playoff team. This maintains a level of excitement and interest nationwide that MLB and the NBA never achieve long term. This equates to massive national exclusive TV contracts that no other league enjoys--and to massive money for everyone.

Your point is ridiculous.

Sorry, I think you're way off-base here. If the Bills keep winning they will become stars. In fact, I believe many in the media would love the story of the cast-off offense of Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Johnson succeeding. Remember back to 2001, who were the stars on the Patriots at that time? Certainly not Brady, but as they won, he made for an intriguing story. Was Warner a star before the Rams started winning?