George Edwards needs to at least be demoted

Doc

Good god, has any Bills team ever given-up as many yards and points as the team has the past 4 weeks? It's great that they're 4-1, but with the defensive problems and a proven DC like Wannstedt waiting in the wings, what's taking so long to make a change? He gave Trent his walking papers after just 2 bad starts last year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god, has any Bills team ever given-up as many yards and points as the team has the past 4 weeks? It's great that they're 4-1, but with the defensive problems and a proven DC like Wannstedt waiting in the wings, what's taking so long to make a change? He gave Trent his walking papers after just 2 bad starts last year.

Dude, it's hard to argue that we're winning, and all the picks on D have a lot to do with the wins.

They don't put "yards given up" or "yards gained" on the scoreboard.

This board has never liked the give yards, produce turnovers style.

Dude, it's hard to argue that we're winning, and all the picks on D have a lot to do with the wins.

So Edwards' coordinating is creating the turnovers? And they couldn't happen under Wanny, with a tighter defense?

While they're winning is the perfect time to make the change.

Sounds like someone is choking on their French Cries. 4-1 and someone still bellyaches. I love it.

Some of these guys have a point. Who really cares about the final score, the object of the game is to give up few yards of offense than the other team? Winning on the scoreboard is so old school and corn-pone. How about working on the following agenda: forcing the other team into a high number of risky offensive plays, when they try to keep their offensive series going?

if you think we're gonna keep forcing 5 turners a week then, no , i guess you wouldn't care. i am not predicting that. we gave up another 489 yards today, we are at 475/game average over the last 4 weeks. how far can anyone really expect this team to go off that kind of defense? i don't give a **** if scoring is at record highs, that is just ridiculous.

We are still giving up a ton of points per game. And the collapse against the Bengals, and almost against the Eagles today was unnacceptable.

We forced five !@#$ing turnovers.

We've had a pick six in three consecutive weeks.

This obsession with yards surrendered is BAFFLING.

The defense DOMINATED the 2nd and 3rd quarters, not a single Philly drive of 2 minutes or more during that time.

WTF?

How'd they do at the end of the game? How many points did they give up? How's they do at the end of the Bengals game? This team needs to score 30+ each week for this team to win with the D the way it is. It's not sustainiable.

if you think we're gonna keep forcing 5 turners a week then, no , i guess you wouldn't care. i am not predicting that. we gave up another 489 yards today, we are at 475/game average over the last 4 weeks. how far can anyone really expect this team to go off that kind of defense? i don't give a **** if scoring is at record highs, that is just ridiculous.

Take off your Vince Lombardi glasses. It's a new NFL.

The Bills defense has been playing against teams that are playing wide open on offense and taking lots of risks. That's why they are giving up big plays, and also why they are getting turnovers. Until they play in a "grind-it-out", low scoring, tight game, and LOSE, I don't think it is fair to judge them so harshly.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

What did Wannstedt prove? He can win with Jimmy Johnson's players?

We went over this last week and the week before.

1. Wannstedt is involved, he is the assistant HC for crying out loud, he outranks Edwards.

2. We are what we are on defense. Schemes will always be figured out .. sometimes by halftime, sometimes longer.

3. Thank God for the turnovers that we get ---- we get them because we play hard and we play clean (clean as in follow assignments and don't make mental errors).

Look at the Packers and Petriots defense ... they are not juggernauts either. We will get better on defense.

We are 4-1. Be Happy.

Edited by Bob in STL

Take off your Vince Lombardi glasses. It's a new NFL.

The Bills defense has been playing against teams that are playing wide open on offense and taking lots of risks. That's why they are giving up big plays, and also why they are getting turnovers. Until they play in a "grind-it-out", low scoring, tight game, and LOSE, I don't think it is fair to judge them so harshly.

:rolleyes:

hahah o k...i hope you're right and i'm wrong....but i think we're going to be singing a different tune around here pretty soon...

We are 4-1. Be Happy.

people here have short memories...that's exactly what i was hearing in 08. that team had fraud written all over it and this one isn't that much better. defensively they're worse. but hey, i admit it is comforting to know you don't need a good defense any more, because it is the "new" nfl.

reminds me of the "new" nhl of a few years ago, when darcy assumed they'd keep letting our little team of waterbugs skate all around the ice without ever having to worry about being hit. that didn't last very long, did it?

:rolleyes:

hahah o k...i hope you're right and i'm wrong....but i think we're going to be singing a different tune around here pretty soon...

I don't trust anybody that uses that stupid emoticon.

I already have a bet with a fellow forum member that the Bills will win 10 games, otherwise I would challenge you to a wager.

The old maxims need to be altered. I think the offense should shoulder the blame for the Eagles comeback, because they didn't keep the ball away from a desperate Eagles offense!

The game is different right now, and the Bills defense has been playing under odd circumstances. I can only point them out, I can't make you see them!

To me, this defense gave up 17 points to one of the top five offenses in the league, and arguably one of the hardest 2-3 players in the league to defense. 17 points because they scored 7 themselves. I'll take 489 yards and five turnovers every single time.

I'm not a big fan of George Edwards either, but as long as we are winning and we are leading the league in turnovers, I think it would be a terrible move to demote him. We have played some very good offenses.

This board has never liked the give yards, produce turnovers style.

When the turnovers dry up - and they will eventually, you're left with a team that lets other teams drive up and down the field and score TDs. I love the turnovers as much as anyone but the Bills have lots of holes in the dam that they need to shore up if they want to make the playoffs.

Edited by MDH