Sam Rosen and Brian Billick

bmur66

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man. They were both rooting for the Eagles to come back and win. It was obvious.

+1 I turned off the sound it was getting so annoying today. I kept saying Billick should put on his Eagles jersey and get it over with. Never once praised the Bills. Just how the Eagles needed to change something or how the Eagles could come back to win. Really bad coverage.

Rosen is the Rangers pbp guy. I am sorry but given his hockey announcing, there's little doubt he's at least a little biased against Buffalo in general.

My favorite part was when they started getting on Kelsay for not holding the edge on a running play. :D Even when Kelsay's not in the game, people want to get on him.

Billick is "that guy" who thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room and wants to constantly prove it. Great moment at the end of the 3rd quarter when Rosen and Billick were discussing the teams' yardage totals and Billick opined that even though the Eagles had a lot of yardage it didn't "feel like it" because the Bills were dominating TOP. It was an accurate statement, but he then quoted the TOP stats as the Bills with 33 minutes and the Eagles with 25 minutes. Again, this was at the end of the THIRD quarter.

Rosen called him out on it and I laughed out loud.

To the point of the original topic, I think Rosen is actually a pretty good PBP guy, but he clearly is NYC-focused (he does Rangers games on MSG). Billick has good knowledge as well -- he's just too damn pompous. And it's clear neither of them really did their homework on the Bills' roster.

Edited by eball

+1 I turned off the sound it was getting so annoying today. I kept saying Billick should put on his Eagles jersey and get it over with. Never once praised the Bills. Just how the Eagles needed to change something or how the Eagles could come back to win. Really bad coverage.

Wrong. He went on and on about George Wilson being everywhere. They also belabored the point about Freddie being from Coe College and how smooth a runner he is. Billick said Stevie could be one of the "great" receivers in the league. They commented about Fitz's quick release and how it nullified the pass rush.

These are just off the top of my head. What's wrong with you guys? Why let this stuff bother you? We won.

Brian Billick hates on the Bills. I thought Rosen was OK.

Jeez, Louise, some of you guys are WAY too sensitive. I thought Billick was more than fair to the Bills.

Billick is "that guy" who thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room and wants to constantly prove it. Great moment at the end of the 3rd quarter when Rosen and Billick were discussing the teams' yardage totals and Billick opined that even though the Eagles had a lot of yardage it didn't "feel like it" because the Bills were dominating TOP. It was an accurate statement, but he then quoted the TOP stats as the Bills with 33 minutes and the Eagles with 25 minutes. Again, this was at the end of the THIRD quarter.

Rosen called him out on it and I laughed out loud.

To the point of the original topic, I think Rosen is actually a pretty good PBP guy, but he clearly is NYC-focused (he does Rangers games on MSG). Billick has good knowledge as well -- he's just too damn pompous. And it's clear neither of them really did their homework on the Bills' roster.

There were several times when Billick made fun of himself when his analysis proved wrong (see: Wildcat TD. Before that, he DID make some legitimate points). Rarely do you see a color analyst admit he was wrong, Billick did that several times and despite his reputation for arrogance, he pointed out when he was wrong.

Besides, he was ALL over Dareus, Jackson, Fitz, Wilson, Coe College, and Gailey. Heaping praise and blasting the Eagles for not protecting Vick and giving up big plays.

The worst part of FOX is their HD sucks.

My wife, who rarely watches football made these comments about FOX the other week when i was flipping through games:

1) Why is the color so dim on this channel?

2) Why are the announcers screaming for no reason?

3) Why does it seem like the crowd isn't there?

4) Why are the camera angles so weird?

5) Are those robots?

I give them a pass, since it was FOX.

I can't believe FOX thinks those dancing robots still work, by the way...

I hate the Dancing Robots.

Wrong. He went on and on about George Wilson being everywhere. They also belabored the point about Freddie being from Coe College and how smooth a runner he is. Billick said Stevie could be one of the "great" receivers in the league. They commented about Fitz's quick release and how it nullified the pass rush.

These are just off the top of my head. What's wrong with you guys? Why let this stuff bother you? We won.

Agreed. But the freaking robots have to go. It just makes no sense. Looks stupid. And every time I see it...I don't know, I can't explain it, they just are terrible. It's like when the NHL tried the puck following thing. Terrible.

Rosen is a good announcer, but FOX sucks as a channel. They must have missed 5 plays while at commercial throughout the game.

I couldn't disagree more with that.

Besides the Berman-led ESPN pre-game show, Fox is a close 2nd with their crew.

I'm an AFC guy all the way, love the Bills...and can NOT stand the whiney Marino, baby Boomer, goofy Cowher, and the most annoying guy since Deion Sanders with his non-stop motor mouth Shannon Sharpe. CBS does not know how to run a pregame show.

FOX covers the NFC. Therefore, CBS should be covering the AFC. Instead what I see is that while FOX stays true to plan, CBS constantly does stories on teams like the Packers, the Eagles, the Falcons...last time I checked, those were all NFC teams.

And how many times have Boomer, Shannon, and that cry-baby Marino bad-mouthed the Bills?

With the exception of the classy James Brown, the CBS pregame show is the worst.

CBS to me is a geriatric station.

Agreed. But the freaking robots have to go. It just makes no sense. Looks stupid. And every time I see it...I don't know, I can't explain it, they just are terrible. It's like when the NHL tried the puck following thing. Terrible.

So true.

I don't know how the robots have hung on for so long. They should go the way of the "flaming puck" to the trash heap.

I honestly think that issue was more Fox than the announcers.

Here's an example: watching with an Iggles fan and he noted that they showed the wrong name on the graphic for their place kicker. Granted, their kicker (Alex) and punter (Chas) have the same last name (Henry) but...really?

No one did any research on that? Amateurish if you ask me.

The thing with the dancing robots - they were sort of modern and cute about 15 years ago. When they were introduced they were used to make the Fox broadcast look more modern/futuristic.

Now they mainly appeal to little kids or adults who are super-low-tech and think somehow robots are still "new", when in fact, they are having the opposite effect on most viewers.

I see them now and think "Wow, if Fox thinks a dancing robot is current/futuristic/cool, their producers must be really behind the times."

Speaking of Bills TV issues:

When will the NFL Network finally yank the background graphics with the Bills' Red helmets???

You'd think at least NFLN would care about getting the franchise graphics right - I mean they are the league office, after all!

The thing with the dancing robots - they were sort of modern and cute about 15 years ago. When they were introduced they were used to make the Fox broadcast look more modern/futuristic.

Now they mainly appeal to little kids or adults who are super-low-tech and think somehow robots are still "new", when in fact, they are having the opposite effect on most viewers.

I see them now and think "Wow, if Fox thinks a dancing robot is current/futuristic/cool, their producers must be really behind the times."

Speaking of Bills TV issues:

When will the NFL Network finally yank the background graphics with the Bills' Red helmets???You'd think at least NFLN would care about getting the franchise graphics right - I mean they are the league office, after all!

YES!!!! I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it really does. It's like when we ditched the sluggo and the graphics didn't switch to the swords. Bah! it shouldn't be that damn hard, but put the buffalo on a white background, DONE!

I actually don't mind the NFLN pregame/postgame show too much, but one thing does really bother me about it. Why must Irvin/Deion/Sapp CONSTANTLY yap all at once over one another??? Christ almighty, everytime Rich, Charles, or Mooch tried to make a point, all you hear those clowns running off at the mouth, whooping it up and laughing. They need to wait thier turn. More often than not, Deion and Sapp actually have good points to contribute, Irvin, well, I haven't heard anyone that incoherent since Emmitt Smith...