What is Chad Kelly (Jim's nephew) hinting at?

Doc

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jim Kelly is the owner or part owner of the Bills, I hope he does for Buffalo what Nolan Ryan did and is doing for the Texas Rangers. My only fear is that ex-players aren't good front office folks (see Elway in Denver).

Alot of people that aren't ex players aren't good front office people either, as we well know. Elway has only been in that position for a year, what do you expect? He took over for a regime that trashed that organization. Not saying he is going to be great, but it is way too early. Ozzie Newsome has done alright for himself in Cleveland/Baltimore.

Edited by billsfreak

new tweet

Two possibilities:

1)Chad is being disowned; therefore a good week for the rest of the clan

2)Jimbo is introducing him to Tom Brady, chad is all tingly and excited. Then disowned.

3)Uncle Jim is taking all the Kelly Clan to the Canadian Ballet meeting some lovelies and paying for lap dances. Sure would be nice to be a Kelly this wkend.

counting is hard in the nfl

chad_Kelly_12 QBBalla12

Not giving any thing else away but boy its nice to be a kelly love it

why hasent anyone said the obvious, maybe its not a new owner they are announcing (b/c like others mentioned, no way Ralph sells the team when hes alive), maybe they are announcing who the new owner(team of owners) WILL be when Ralph dies, like a succession plan....that makes more sense

Cart before the horse. Ralph has said repeatedly that the team will be sold to the highest bidder- so why put together a group of owners if that group could be outbid by another party. Of course, Ralph might actually have a succession in mind to go along with what your suggesting, but if he does, it would be contrary to anything he's ever said publicly. As others have suggested, maybe his recent hip injury has forced him to reconsider thing. Who knows.

Cart before the horse. Ralph has said repeatedly that the team will be sold to the highest bidder- so why put together a group of owners if that group could be outbid by another party. Of course, Ralph might actually have a succession in mind to go along with what your suggesting, but if he does, it would be contrary to anything he's ever said publicly. As others have suggested, maybe his recent hip injury has forced him to reconsider thing. Who knows.

I'll settle for 1 time he said it.

Anyway, millions of Americans say they'll stay married til death do they part.

How's that workin' out?

Whoever the next "owner" of the Bills is will actually be Part Owner/Majority partner, in my opinion. I think the new owner will buy 30% of the team and the rest will be spread amongst Ralph's heirs. So, the new owner would not need a Billion, only $250m or so. There are dozens guys with Buffalo connections that could be the guy. It could be a guy we've never heard of, like Pegula was for the Sabres.

NFL Rules require a majority owner.