The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

Might have to call BS on this bud. I can't find any info on this outside of right wing catholic websites. Sounds like propaganda to me.

Show me some proof from a reputable source please :)

All Catholics are liars now? Dude get off of it. That is like saying all Mormons are terrorists. It's not true.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps we should close this thread and start a new one.........."The Occupy Movement Retracts"

Occupy support drops more than 20 points in … San Francisco?

One would think that the Occupy movement and San Francisco were made for each other. Perhaps at one time they were, but a new Survey USA poll shows that even the City by the Bay has its limits. The poll of 500 adults in the San Francisco area — surely the most progressive-friendly poll sample ever taken — shows that almost half of those who supported the Occupy movement in general now have changed their minds.

{snip}

According to this poll, Occupy support in the Bay area would have been 58/34 at one point. Now it’s 35/57, which is a flip of 46 points in the gap. Combining support and opposition numbers, Democrat support for Occupy is now 40/56, and even among self-professed liberals, where 27% have switched to opposition, it’s only 52/35. Among San Francisco adults. Note too that the movement has not gained converts in anything like the numbers they are alienating, which means that the longer they go, the weaker they are getting politically.

In San Francisco. Nancy Pelosi’s home turf. The city that banned Happy Meals because parents were being held hostage by their children. The mind boggles.

The notion of “occupying” vacant buildings for their operations as some form of social justice also doesn’t go over as well as one might expect in the area. Only 21% support the idea, eleven points lower than the movement’s remaining support, while 71% oppose it. Even the youngest demographic, which still has a very narrow plurality supporting the movement (43/41) opposes this idea by a wide majority, 32/59.

But the best is yet to come. No one in this area is ever happy with the police. Eric Burdon once hailed the city in “San Francisco Nights,” praising the Hells Angels while warbling, “Cop’s face is filled with hate; heavens above, he’s on a street called Love.” (Needless to say, the entire song is dreck.) They’re not happy with the police in this instance, though, because the police haven’t been harsh enough with the occupiers. Twenty-eight percent say the police have been too harsh, while 35% say they’ve been “just about right” … and 33% say they need to get harsher.

When the Great Progressive Event has a third of adults in San Francisco looking for a police crackdown, I’d call that nuking the fridge.

Perhaps we should close this thread and start a new one.........."The Occupy Movement Retracts"

Occupy support drops more than 20 points in … San Francisco?

This city may be full of a bunch of liberal fruitcakes but they're smart liberal fruitcakes and most of them love this city and realize the the Occupy Movement has done nothing but cause a nuisance and mess.

This city may be full of a bunch of liberal fruitcakes but they're smart liberal fruitcakes and most of them love this city and realize the the Occupy Movement has done nothing but cause a nuisance and mess.

In other words, OWS is to San Francisco as San Francisco is to the rest of the country.

And I've heard that you eat babies...

Well...yeah, but it's not like I eat 'em raw... :rolleyes:

I read a story out of SF yesterday about an older couple who were found strangled to death in their home by their 15-year-old adopted child. They were initially his foster parents ten years earlier, and he recently choked them both to death following what witnesses say was a loud discussion his parents had with him over him spending too much time at the OWS encampments.

From what I read, it was a very high regarded, compassionate, giving couple, and while it's ridiculous to suggest that OWS was responsible, I suspect this doesn't help the local perception of OWS.

Sorry Tom,

W. C. Fields beat you there (again)

I like children. If they're properly cooked.

― W.C. Fields

Edited by B-Man

I would hope not. Children are lousy with parasites. But if you're a risk taker, a little child sashimi, or lunch as its known in Leningrad, is prized in the Baltic region as a delicacy for its subtle flavors.

Edited by Jauronimo

I don't think you guys realize, ever since OWS, the White house has been winning the messaging war, which is "inequality" and "fairness" rather than the national debt and the economy. If the focus remains on this topic, they'll win, if the focus switches back to the economy and the debt then Romney wins.

So in that regards, OWS has been successful.

I don't think you guys realize, ever since OWS, the White house has been winning the messaging war, which is "inequality" and "fairness" rather than the national debt and the economy. If the focus remains on this topic, they'll win, if the focus switches back to the economy and the debt then Romney wins.

So in that regards, OWS has been successful.

It's going to be hard to turn the topic back toward the economy, what with the good news recently that Americans are richer today than they were with smaller government 100 years ago. There's just no arguing that truth. <_<

How is this thread 52 pages? Either they define themselves as being for/against something, or fade into oblivion. What is the big deal- protests happen. They evoke change. They disappear. this one has created a bunch of complainers about complainers......

How is this thread 52 pages? Either they define themselves as being for/against something, or fade into oblivion. What is the big deal- protests happen. They evoke change. They disappear. this one has created a bunch of complainers about complainers......

And now the OWS movement has officially spawned complainers about complainers about complainers. Adam, taking it to the next level.

Edited by Jauronimo