Dear NFL ..........................................

Awful call, but do fans seriously believe there is some sort of NFL conspiracy that involves influencing the outcome of a week 4 matchup between the Bengals and the Bills. Seriously?

Ummm yes. Do you think that's never been done?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based upon many game changing calls over the years it is very obvious that the games ARE fixed. A fairly called game today would have led to a different outcome.!

1. The Tuck rule sucks.. If a QB can't hold onto the ball that it's a free ball. Just to name one. Also that pass to SJ was clearly a catch!!!!!!!!!!! (it was still a forward lateral).

The problem is the inconsistency. Calls one week are not made the following week. The no holding calls on Bengals O=Line were just incredible.

I agree...not that I think that cost them the game, but when refs are not making calls in the first half (on either side)and then have some questionable calls in the second half that could have possibly changed the outcome of the game, the league needs to review. This was one of the most inconsistant games I have ever witnessed from a refereeing standpoint - terrible.

On the Dalton first down I wondered if the light beam location was off because when he first came down, he was definitely about a yard short of that orange line. But when they showed the replay and then showed the actual marker, he was right at it. That was confusing to everyone watching the game with me today. We ALL thought he was well short of the beam until they showed the replays.

However, the biggest reason we didn't win was the defenses inability to contain a rookie qb, rookie wide receiver and a veteran running back when it mattered the most. That was even more troublesome/worrisome than some of the bad calls by the refs!

The SJ no catch ruling was horrific. The thing I am really wondering about is the holding in the trenches. Merriman seems to get arm barred quite a bit with no flag. I actually saw Dareus get pulled to the ground by his facemask on a running play that didn't get a call either. I just wonder what it takes to get a holding call these days.

Bad call or not, we've got to play much better because sometimes the stuff you can't control goes against you.

QFT. Not too many teams win when they gain only 273 yards or have a starting CB like McKelvin getting toasted. Buffalo was outscored 20-3 in the second half and it wasn't all on the refs.

The Bills are a team that has learned how to come from behind, but they still have to *consistently* hold a lead when they are ahead.

Awful call, but do fans seriously believe there is some sort of NFL conspiracy that involves influencing the outcome of a week 4 matchup between the Bengals and the Bills. Seriously?

First you got Marvin Lewis guaranteeing the Bengals will win, then the officiating took the game away. You don't think there could be a conspiracy when there are millions of dollars in betting going on to beat the point spread? I for one have thought that there has been enough proof of bad calls over the years to warrant a serious investigation into the referees.

First you got Marvin Lewis guaranteeing the Bengals will win, then the officiating took the game away. You don't think there could be a conspiracy when there are millions of dollars in betting going on to beat the point spread? I for one have thought that there has been enough proof of bad calls over the years to warrant a serious investigation into the referees.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I don't believe NFL games are fixed, necessarily. I DO think that the league "nudges" games one way or another to help make their stories. Case in point, the "Patriots" just so happen to have every call go their way when the country needs to be most "Patriotic" after 9/11. Uh huh...

I just think they like to push various storylines.

Sometimes I feel that there are storylines and scripts in this league. Daulton's EXTRA foot on the spot (that was originally marked right) and Stevie getting the 1st down, only to have a ref 20 yds down the field negate it just screams Vince McMahon to me.

I don't mind losing to the Bengals. But the fact that we lost LIKE THIS really makes me question the notion of refs being 100% honest men.

Now this is funny! Marvin Lewis telegraphing game results to gamblers all over the world! Come to think of it, the worst HC in the league on the worst team in the league guaranteeing a win should have prompted an immediate Congressional investigation

Sometimes I feel that there are storylines and scripts in this league. Daulton's EXTRA foot on the spot (that was originally marked right) and Stevie getting the 1st down, only to have a ref 20 yds down the field negate it just screams Vince McMahon to me.

I don't mind losing to the Bengals. But the fact that we lost LIKE THIS really makes me question the notion of refs being 100% honest men.

I had a feeling from the very first quarter when they were allowing late hits and low late hits on Fitz that this crew was not a good one and that they would somehow decide the game.

We just did not play good enough to overcome a poorly officated game. Several questionable calls and reviews were the difference today.

We ned to learn and move on.

Edited by Bob in STL

So where are these meetings held to determine who is going to win each game? Is it some underground bunker? When do they hold them? Do they have them first thing Tuesday morning or do they start right after the MNF game ends so they have nearly a week to make the decisions? Who attends these meetings? And what I really what to know is what type of refreshments to they serve?

Get a !@#$ing grip guys.

For me, it seems that every time the refs had the opportunity to change the outcome, they did.

It's not against the Bills. it isn't against a particulary team.

I just think that from games to games, bucks are given by Vegas men to refs team to change as much as they can the outcame of the game in favor of the big ass dollar man.

Is it somehow possible to know the betters for this game, I mean those who have bet big bucks on Bengals.

I do not think this call or the refs cost the Bills the game.

Fair enough...Because I do agree the call alone did not cost The Bills the Game...But would you agree it sure as heck did have an effect on the Final outcome? Or that, at the very least it was a turning point in the Game? B-)

It's one loss. Was it a tough one? Yes. But it's ONE loss. In fact, I think this loss might be a GOOD thing. It'll refocus the team on the primary goal...WINNING. Too much other nonsense after the Patriots win. it'll also teach them that they need to bring the "a" game every week, or they too can get beat. I think we beat Philly this coming week, they're a lame duck team. Now quit your bitching and get back to football, girls.

:thumbsup:

It's one loss. Was it a tough one? Yes. But it's ONE loss. In fact, I think this loss might be a GOOD thing. It'll refocus the team on the primary goal...WINNING. Too much other nonsense after the Patriots win. it'll also teach them that they need to bring the "a" game every week, or they too can get beat. I think we beat Philly this coming week, they're a lame duck team. Now quit your bitching and get back to football, girls.

Good perspective. I want to see how the team rebounds. That will tell us a lot about the rest of the season. Unfortunately, I won't see next week's game live. I'll be in Pa. taking photos of the "grand canyon of the East." But thank goodness for DVRs.

Ah, Joe...from what I read in the Shout box, whining about Fitz weak arm and so forth, shouldn't you "heal thyself"?:devil:

I agree with the "tough loss" "refocus" "bring the a game" message.

The "feminine hygiene products" refs are so lame. Are you trying to win a "tasteless and unoriginal" contest?

Edited by Hopeful

Good perspective. I am aggravated by the officals, but more aggravated by the poor play. Not the coaches fault, this is on the players. They need to do some soul searching and they need to do things this week at practice to get the bad taste out their mouths.

We will see what this team is made of.

Next week it will be Philly at home.

I think we can win that one.