Dear NFL ..........................................

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where are these meetings held to determine who is going to win each game? Is it some underground bunker? When do they hold them? Do they have them first thing Tuesday morning or do they start right after the MNF game ends so they have nearly a week to make the decisions? Who attends these meetings? And what I really what to know is what type of refreshments to they serve?

Get a !@#$ing grip guys.

Its all based on money. Which matchups and rematches will bring more money via advertising and merchandise. The decisions are made in the long of season. Who wins and who loses are moot ... its who gets the nod to be champions. case in point, The year Carolina and Jacksonville recieved expansion teams both of them made it to their respective championship games, coincidence , I think not. Elway wins 2 Superbowls before he retires. Jerome Bettis and Bill Cowher win a Super Bowl before they retire. If owners pay enough tribute money to Vegas and the officers of the league , they get a Championship. We all know Ralph Wilson is a tight wad so no championship here.

Awful call, but do fans seriously believe there is some sort of NFL conspiracy that involves influencing the outcome of a week 4 matchup between the Bengals and the Bills. Seriously?

It's reeeeally tough not to think something is up when it starts with simple non-calls (no holding or pass interference, no calls on hitting fitz in the head or low)), and then moves to recently made-up BS rules (tuck), and then moves to making up **** as they go (HOW is that not a catch by SJ?!?).

The refs beat us worse than the Bengals did.

It was a disgusting display of horrible officiating.

Edited by DrDareustein

Reasons for losing?

Fitz must have had a bad day?

The line bumps by the Bengals secondary was throwing timing off and no one adjusted

Replacements a RG and LT

Having to rely on McKelvin (why is he still here?) and Corner

What I don't understand is how KW and Dareus got pushed around so much.

20+ points given up in the 3 straight games. Time to change something.

So where are these meetings held to determine who is going to win each game? Is it some underground bunker? When do they hold them? Do they have them first thing Tuesday morning or do they start right after the MNF game ends so they have nearly a week to make the decisions? Who attends these meetings? And what I really what to know is what type of refreshments to they serve?

Get a !@#$ing grip guys.

Doesn't have to be a huge conspiracy. A few refs can handle the job. With multi-millions on the betting line, fixing 1 or 2 games a week isn't a huge or unfathomable possibility.

You didn't think the Dalton spot was conclusive?? For Gods sake they freeze framed it 5 or 6 times on TV. And you did think the Stevie replay was conclusive that it was a catch?? Really?

Nothing wrong with loving your team to the point of selective vision I suppose ;)

How was it not a catch? What did YOU see? Because a few things were obvious...What is CRYSTAL clear is that Stevie caught the ball cleanly, had two knees down, controlled the Ball to the ground, had his hand under the Ball, and came up controlling the ball...There was literally no more than a spilt second where the Ball could have been bobbled and hit the ground...And if Stevie is controlling the ball, then it does not matter if it touches the Ground (the rule they changed a few years back)...He would have had to have LOST control of the Ball for it to be incomplete, and no angle came even close to showing that on replay...None that I saw at least...Did YOU see something different? Because if you did not, then you're just assuming...

Look...I'm not saying the call alone cost the Bills the Game, but from everything I saw that was the definition of a good a catch... B-)

Its all based on money. Which matchups and rematches will bring more money via advertising and merchandise. The decisions are made in the long of season. Who wins and who loses are moot ... its who gets the nod to be champions. case in point, The year Carolina and Jacksonville recieved expansion teams both of them made it to their respective championship games, coincidence , I think not. Elway wins 2 Superbowls before he retires. Jerome Bettis and Bill Cowher win a Super Bowl before they retire. If owners pay enough tribute money to Vegas and the officers of the league , they get a Championship. We all know Ralph Wilson is a tight wad so no championship here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, they weren't going to let us win no matter what. Im still steaming over that non-catch. But no excuse for that defense.

We played better defense under Perry Fewell with worse players. Its time to can George Edwards and make Dave Wannstedt defensive coordinator .

Wannstedt time is now!!

yeah, the NFL is infallible. :lol:

So you thought that the pass to SJ was incomplete?

Not infallible, everyone is human (including you and I) but I'm more likely to believe them than some homers after a loss.

It looked to me like he probably held on to the ball, but at the end it could have come loose. I did not see from behind which should have had a much clearer view.

I absolutely thought there was not enough evidence to overturn based on the replays I saw on TV.

Didn't see it. Don't watch football for the most part except for the Bills and no college.

as for the SJ drop, I don't know if the refs made the right call or not, but to me, it looked like a catch. There might be some crazy detailed rule that would explain why it wouldn't be a catch, but there was no explanation as to why, which is very suspect. So there might be some crazy rule, but chances are, the refs messed up. Usually when a call like that is made, there is an explanation like, the ball hit the ground, the reciever didn't maintain control, reciever stepped out of bounds, didn't have both feet in, etc.

the fact that there was no explanation is a huge red flag that the call might not be that great. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to explanations, and the refs disaggreed on them, and the just decided to say nothing.

It's reeeeally tough not to think something is up when it starts with simple non-calls (no holding or pass interference, no calls on hitting fitz in the head or low)), and then moves to recently made-up BS rules (tuck), and then moves to making up **** as they go (HOW is that not a catch by SJ?!?).

The refs beat us worse than the Bengals did.

It was a disgusting display of horrible officiating.

The problem is the inconsistency. Calls one week are not made the following week. The no holding calls on Bengals O=Line were just incredible.

So the Bills lost four straight Super Bowls because Ralph is cheap? That's great. But wait he can't be THAT cheap now can he seeing they made it to those four straight. So he paid Vegas AFC Championship money only? :lol:

So the Bills lost four straight Super Bowls because Ralph is cheap? That's great. But wait he can't be THAT cheap now can he seeing they made it to those four straight. So he paid Vegas AFC Championship money only? :lol:

Didn't bid high enough to win only appear and be the lamb for the slaughter.

yeah, but he lost all that money playing blackjack, so now he is living off of food stamps and paying the staff with IOUs

Not infallible, everyone is human (including you and I) but I'm more likely to believe them than some homers after a loss.

It looked to me like he probably held on to the ball, but at the end it could have come loose. I did not see from behind which should have had a much clearer view.

I absolutely thought there was not enough evidence to overturn based on the replays I saw on TV.

did you see any evidence that the ball was dropped, or that it hit the ground without SJ having control?

did you see any evidence that the ball was dropped, or that it hit the ground without SJ having control?

That's not how it works. The call on the field was incomplete. There has to be conclusive evidence it was a catch to be able to overturn. And there was not in my opinion. At least in the replays that I saw on TV.

And like I said before, the ref from behind had the best view of if it was bobbled or not.

I do not think this call or the refs cost the Bills the game. You apparently do.

We should agree to disagree. Thanks though for being civil :)

Edited by CodeMonkey