There’s no place like Buffalo in NFL

LGB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is what makes living here so great and why anybody who has ever left Buffalo continues being the Die Hard fan they were when they were here. Buffalo is one of the most genuine places left in this country and it is why we are so passionate as fans and why we are so quick to defend the city. This was one of the best articles I have read in a long, long time!

Great read. I was not misty-eyed after Lindell's kick. I was in total shock. Driving back to Rochester with my Girlfriend who came to the game last Sunday she says to me after about 30 minutes of silence "You ok? You seem so quiet. Your team did good hun! They won!" (She isn't the biggest football/sports fan, I'm a season ticket holder and live and die with the Bills). I just shook my head and said "Yeah babe. I'm fine. I just cannot believe it...I'm in a little bit of shock, I think." She looked at me confused, but seemed to understand on some level.

I have friends in Denver, Miami and North Dakota (yes, that North Dakota) who still live and die by the Bills and Sabres. I know that we're only 3-0, but it's the energy from this team that has us all excited. If we squeaked out 13-10, 9-7 wins ala the Dick Jauron era and were 3-0 it wouldn't be as fun as it is now. Scoring is what made the Kelly years so genuine and memorable.

Edited by r00tabaga

It reminded me of this ESPN piece. If you're from Buffalo, this for sure will make you tear up if you've never seen it before.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL15C4404C488AC9BF

I had that ona VHS tape and watched it every Saturday night before a home game from 2000-2006 (when I lost the tape)

Tom Golisano -- the guy who did so much to lift the Sabres to prominence? Think he'll bring Larry Quinn with him? Bills fans carp on Ralph Wilson for being cheap. Their heads will explode if Tom G. gets the team.

Golisano's orders to Quinn and Darcy Regier were the team has to break even. In the NFL with television contracts and revenue sharing that is much easier to do. If Golisano were to get the team hopefully he keeps it just long enough for a billionaire fan to step in buy it from him.

After growing up in Cheektowaga, I've lived in or near Atlanta, San Francisco/Oakland, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Seattle. None of these places are remotely like Buffalo when it comes to love for the hometown team.

Tampa has an entire season of blackouts, Jacksonville is covering up seats and yet we are the first team everyone mentions for relocation.

Lets hope that the NFL doesn't suddenly deem the Ralph a undesirable and non-fiscally functional NFL stadium like the NBA did with Key Arena in Seattle (Laugh the Super Sonics were there for 41 years and they moved despite having 2 years left on their lease). I think that with how much history and meaning the franchise has the NFL should step in and make sure it stays in Buffalo.

Moving them to LA would look bad on the NFL. The Bills mean everything to Buffalo while the NFL means nothing to the NBA. Also don't let Toronto get their hands on the team either it wouldn't be the same.

I always hated when fans rip on older stadiums. Why is it so bad for a place to just be a good place to see a football game? Why does having restaurants and other fixtures in a stadium have to do with enjoying a game that is only played once a week? Especially a football stadium that is only used 10-12 (8 regular season, 2 preseason, and 2 possible playoff games) times a year?

One of the best, if not the best, articles on the Bills I've read in years. Just awesome read. It definitely captures the greatness of the team and the area, and the connection between us.

I must admit, I've been in an exceptional mood all week! Immediately after the game, I was so excited I called my mom and 2 of my sisters; it was all I could do to push the buttons. The feeling of elation was blinding.

:cry:

can this really keep going?

what the hell has happened?

Inevitably and daily over the last couple of weeks... I've pondered those exact same two questions. My answer: I don't know; but for now... I'm savoring every moment of the week with each win.

Go Bills!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?provider=twobillsdrive&slug=lc-carpenter_buffalo_bills_jim_kelly092811

Around the NFL, people talk about Green Bay as the league’s great small-town place where time stands still and football is the only way of life. But the Packers long ago went corporate with a shining remodeled stadium whose top feature is a soaring atrium filled with a hall of fame, shops and a sit-down restaurant called “Curley’s Pub.” The Buffalo where Kelly parks his RV and Bills star receiver Stevie Johnson walks through the fans on game morning wearing shorts and a cap turned backward, is like Green Bay of 15 years ago.

“When you haven’t been to the playoffs for 11 years and you still sell out, that’s something,” Kelly says, as he opens the RV’s door, leading a visitor inside. “These fans are nuts. They are so starving for a winner and to have the old feeling back.”

Brought a tear to my eye - guess I know who's giant RV we were drooling over at the Raiders game :D

That small town feel and accessibility is right on the money. On the Saturday of the Raiders game I was in the Bills store and saw a guy walk in I recognized, I thought "Where do I know him from - home? School?" Ah, no, that would be Andre Reed...

Long live Buffalo, the Ralph and the Bills baby!