There’s no place like Buffalo in NFL

LGB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...that was awesome...the best part about it is its all true...

People kick and fight to not come here but then once they get here they never want to leave...

part of the reason I moved back here after being gone for the better part of 12 years...

people used to look at me like I was crazy because all I did was talk about Buffalo and they used to kinda razz me about how proud I was of my hometown...things just aren't like that in other places...

I honestly think the harsh snow-filled winters have a lot to do with it, as it builds a special type of character to deal with all the crazy weather we get, especially the times when we get multiple feet of snow when only a few inches were predicted, or sometimes none at all. As someone once said "You can't be a wimp and live here."

Edited by matter2003

Wow...that was awesome...the best part about it is its all true...

People kick and fight to not come here but then once they get here they never want to leave...

part of the reason I moved back here after being gone for the better part of 12 years...

people used to look at me like I was crazy because all I did was talk about Buffalo and they used to kinda razz me about how proud I was of my hometown...things just aren't like that in other places...

I honestly think the harsh snow-filled winters have a lot to do with it, as it builds a special type of character to deal with all the crazy weather we get, especially the times when we get multiple feet of snow when only a few inches were predicted, or sometimes none at all. As someone once said "You can't be a wimp and live here."

I was going to post a link to that article too.

Great read. I love this quote from Chan:

I think a lot of our players have faced some adversity in their [football] tenure but with the right resistance and character you figure to be successful, he says. I hope this area sees that. [Fans] probably do identify with the way that we are fighting our rears off to be successful and do it the right way.

He pauses again.

That may or may not be true but I think it might be, he says.

I love Chan's point ... be successful and do it the right way.

I have been gone for 30 years and still go back to Buffalo as much as I can. I love my hometown and I think the people there have a certain character that is hard to find in other places.

Edited by Bob in STL

Tom Golisano -- the guy who did so much to lift the Sabres to prominence? Think he'll bring Larry Quinn with him? Bills fans carp on Ralph Wilson for being cheap. Their heads will explode if Tom G. gets the team.

Would you rather the L.A. Bills? Tom is much more of a football fan than he is hockey. He bailed the Sabres out and rarely gets credit. Have some respect.

It was written by Les Carpenter. "Les Carpenter is a feature writer and columnist for Yahoo! Sports. He previously has written for the Washington Post, the Seattle Times and the Connecticut Post. "

And there's a nice picture of Pinto Kenny cooking on the hood of the car!