ESPN still not buying Bills

PromoTheRobot

Until someone else wins the division, the AFCE DOES belong to the Patriots. The Jets ARE standing in our way. Those are facts. I Billieve we will whip the Jets, and we will take the division away from the Patriots, but as of right now, you cannot argue with that part of the quote.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

unsure on this???? kordell stewart picked us as the best team in the afc, power rankings have us 6th, and jemelle hill thought we should have been in the top 5. so if we arent picked as the greatest team in the world in any sport we are being dissed. we seem to be getting alot of credit, and it is almost worrying, because finally with some recognition you would hate to blow it. we keep getting talked about with the lions, and honestly i pick the lions over us as well as far suprise undefeated teams. the oakland win was awesome. turns out kc is god awful, and well a pats win is always a pats win. just saying if i where another team in the nfl, i would be more worried about stafford suh, johnson, van den bosch right now rather than dareus stevie fitzy. we still have something to prove. last few weeks have been awesome, but not totally sold yet. if anybody knows that it should be us

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

Love it let them keep talking trash, and let Buffalo prove them all wrong. They did the same thing 10 years ago when a young no name qb took over for a potential HOF in New England.....They cant do this they cant do that...and they did and so will we

Promo I bet you'd agree to let it happen. ESPN has lost it's touch long ago. Look who their experts are. Clayton? He most likely couldn't bench a football so how did he become an expert? Let these guys say what they will, and let the Bills keep going. I said that the Bills will most likely go 8-8 and that would be considered a decent year. Chan the Man has really turned this team into not only doing but BILLieving in themselves, and it shows. If and a big IF the Bills sweep the jets and pats will people really look at the Bills.

For the record, Buffalo has a good to great chance of going 5-0 while the pats and jets stand to go 2-3. I just hope it happens.

Thats actually impossible

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

I think not. I think it goes through Buffalo now. They made a statement by the way of their play and now they're expectations for this season have increased exceedingly. We're undefeated at this point. We beat NE and we can again. The Stakes are higher and winning the AFC East should be our Prize for the taking now. We already know New England isn't the same anymore. Let's see how good the Jets are. I say bring 'em on!!!

here's a very a good assessment of the Bills from ESPN:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7026017/nfl-power-rankings-overrating-buffalo-bills-new-orleans-saints

Sprow's analysis that we are around #9 on power rankings and not 6, is both fair and objective. Our defense still has a lot of holes in it and needs to really shut down a good offense to start showing how complete a team we are. KC does not qualify as a good defensive win. He mentions that we need to stop playing from behind early on but are predicted to win around 10games this year, which he praises.

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since before the Ides of March when Caesar still ruled. It's been a really long time so the reluctance to embrace the Bills is understandable.

So far the Bills have only proved that they have a lot of fight in them and an offense that can light up a scoreboard. They have not shown themselves to be a dominant team that can win in all three phases of a game.

If we go just 2-2 in our next 4 games but then beat the Jets in November, the media will take us seriously as a force in the AFCE.

PTR

Who cares...all that matters is the win loss column...at the end of the day, ours is better than all 3 of the "othe" teams in our division baby! Oh yeah!

Good. That'll help keep the Bills from getting swelled egos and help keep fan boards from filling up with bangwagon dopes.

Yeah, but the opposite of that is the number idiots who will "gleefully" dig up old columns and articles of the "experts" in attempt to hold them accountable for their saying negative stuff about the Bills.

Jesus, let it go. Enjoy the ride.

A couple of reality-based observations we should all keep in mind:

1. It's only been three games

2. The Pats game could have gone either way, let's be honest. If Brady only throws three picks instead of four, the Pats win because they score TDs at will.

3. The Bills have a serious depth problem and the injuries are just starting to mount.

4. The Bills' D has not inspired much confidence the last two weeks.

5. Buffalo is only a few games removed from undisputed suckitude as a franchise.

There is still a lot of football to be played, lets not get carried away just yet.

PTR

We have to win games in our division. We need atleast a split with the Jets and Pats*, while hopefully we sweep the Dolphins. We have been bad for a long time. We haven't been consistent for a long time. If we do what I just said within the division at least, split with the NFC East, beat the Bengals, and the Broncos that would be 10 wins. I think 10-6 gets us into the playoffs. If our team keeps it up, playing the way they are now and with minimal injuries, we could finish better than that. Our schedule looks managable for a playoff run.

PTR

I'm not buying ESPN or anyone else's in the media that still has negative things to say about the Bills. The proof is in the record 3-0, the offensive stats and the improved run defense that is making teams one-dimensional.

PTR

We're only 3-0 there are 13 games left. The Pats* are still the favorites to win the division. If you were forced to put all your money down right now on who wins the AFC East, who are you going to pick?

New England is the favorite until someone knocks them down, we'll find out at the end of the year if its the Bills, Jets or they're still the top team in the division.

What have the Bills done over a 16 week season in recent memory that says any different? How can any of you be surprised with a skeptical media?

Please.....

Ever hear the phrase "past performance does not guarantee results?" It goes both ways. Saying you suck because you always suck is not "proof." Sometimes you have to look at what is actually happening in front of you.

PTR

PTR

What's wrong with what he said? I also still think the division goes through NE. I also think the Raiders will beat the Patriots this week. I also hope the Bills shove it up all these guys azz's over the course of the whole season, but I see nothing wrong with his thinking. Hopefully, he's not right. It's not like the Pats couldn't have easily won this game on our field. They didn't, but they were right there. They'll get better, we'll get better. We'll see who wins.