ESPN still not buying Bills

PromoTheRobot

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

Really??

Given the avalanche of recent positive media coverage the past several days, I was hoping we could make it a day without another new (yet same old sad sack) "the media disrespects us" thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so far we havent proved anything. well, a little something in beating the pats.

now, if we beat the jets and finish with a division title then noone, not even espn, can discount us anymore.

until then its just a nice ride for us fans. and we shouldnt listen to any tv-jerk. just party on :)

:thumbsup: Couldn't agree more.

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

I am OK for them to not believe...After all, they will look at it as two games that could have gone either way leaving the Bills either 1-2 or 2-1 or 3-0. We made enough plays to make the wins count and are 3-0. The Jets and Patriots are still the class of this dviision for what they have achieved over the last so many years. Until we beat them comprehensively over the entire season, i am OK for them to assume that we will fail.

If you look a little deeper, we do have difficulty in stopping the run and lack of any kind of pass rush. We would have lost the game to the Pats, if Belichek had sensibly called off the dogs after taking a 21-0 nothing lead. Instead, he and Brady tried to kick us down below and that blew on their face with those 4 INTs.

I am glad we are 3-0 and on the right path to winning more games, but their are enough issues for others to doubt us.

PTR

Right now the Bills have won 3 games where new England has been winning consistently and been on top of the division for the last decade. By all accounts Woodson isn't really off base just yet. Just look at Detroit, even though they haven't played the Bears or Green Bay yet, nobody is crowning them the next conference champs either.

Yes we beat the Pats, and I love what's happening right now, but I have to say I am not ready to crown them AFC East champs yet either. We have struggled mightily on defense the last 2 weeks, and until that begins to show signs of improving, and we continue the winning ways further into the season, I won't get too excited yet.

Luckily for us fans, the players seem to also think that they haven't accomplished anything yet, and until show they can win regularly, they know the respect will come with some restraint from the media.

I'd probably have shared your sentiments towards Woodson's views if we were in week 13, and gone 5-1 or 6-0 against the division, but I am ok with his opinion right now, although my heart wants to be annoyed and share your angst, logic really says we haven't done anything yet except win 3 games to open the season for the first time(2008 doesn't count, it was trentative and least mode as our starters)in the last 11 years.

And you find this contradictory because?

Because if the Pats lose and the Bills win they will be 2.5 games behind the Bills in the AFCE with 12 games to play and one of the worst defenses in the NFL. How that makes "The AFCE go through New England" I don't know, other than the last game of the season being played in Foxboro.

PTR

Because if the Pats lose and the Bills win they will be 2.5 games behind the Bills in the AFCE with 12 games to play and one of the worst defenses in the NFL. How that makes "The AFCE go through New England" I don't know, other than the last game of the season being played in Foxboro.

PTR

If NE wins that game in Foxboro, that 2.5 games is really 1 game. You don't win a tie-breaker for splitting the series.

Folks, even if we win the Super Bowl it'll be "well, it was a weird season because of the lockout. You can't really tell if the Bills are any good unless they win in a year when everyone had a full training camp."

Bet on it.

I don't buy espn so I guess we're even. . Think their NFL Sunday pre game is unbearable with the constant focus on cowboys giants and eagles to the near exclusion of everyone else.

Exactly. Well said. I can't stand to hear anymore about those teams. I hope they loose every week, mainly because I am forced by ESPN to hear about them. "Here is Sal Palantonio from Philly....gag."

I am OK for them to not believe...After all, they will look at it as two games that could have gone either way leaving the Bills either 1-2 or 2-1 or 3-0. We made enough plays to make the wins count and are 3-0. The Jets and Patriots are still the class of this dviision for what they have achieved over the last so many years. Until we beat them comprehensively over the entire season, i am OK for them to assume that we will fail.

If you look a little deeper, we do have difficulty in stopping the run and lack of any kind of pass rush. We would have lost the game to the Pats, if Belichek had sensibly called off the dogs after taking a 21-0 nothing lead. Instead, he and Brady tried to kick us down below and that blew on their face with those 4 INTs.

I am glad we are 3-0 and on the right path to winning more games, but their are enough issues for others to doubt us.

The lack of pass rush is a major concern. Interested to see how the D does against a below average offense and against the Jets.

I'm glad they're skeptical. They should be. The Bills have a lot of history to overcome, and the only way they are going to do it is by winning one game at a time. I'm sure that's the approach Gailey and the players are taking, and it's the approach they should be taking.

All this talk, all the praise they Bills have gotten in the last two weeks, and the dismissals they got before then, is just that--talk. I would rather the Bills go into the Bengals stadium not even aware of what guys on ESPN are saying, positive or negative. I thought the pundits were wrong about the Bills before the season started, and I think the bandwagon jumpers are not any more knowledgeable than the denigraters were.

Plus, the Bills do have to play the Pats in New England, and the Jets twice. They can win these games, but it is not going to be easy.

I'm curious why one guy's opinion suddenly becomes "ESPN not buying Bills." I've seen quite a few pundits on ESPN who praise the Bills but I don't see posts on here stating, "ESPN thinks the Bills are for real" when those guys express their positive opinions.