ESPN still not buying Bills

PromoTheRobot

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so far we havent proved anything. well, a little something in beating the pats.

now, if we beat the jets and finish with a division title then noone, not even espn, can discount us anymore.

until then its just a nice ride for us fans. and we shouldnt listen to any tv-jerk. just party on :)

So what? Seriously? I mean, rarely have I seen enough knowledge come out of ANY TV analyst over the 40 years I've been on this Earth that gives me goosebumps when they speak their words of wisdom? Mayock is one of them.. Why they keep this guy around is unbelieveable to me, and most if not all of the NFL Networks groups are nitwits. Does anyone really look to these personalities for their guidence on Fantasy, or football pools? I sure as hell don't?

Anyway, if the BIlls get past the Eagles in week 5, I think all of a sudden you'll see a big change in the way some of these tards look at the Bills, and what's funny is that all of them, and I eman ALL of them will somehow try to paint it as though they knew it all along.. I think an Eagles win is more in our favor with the way we match up, then in theirs, and I bet they're more affraid of us, than we are of them.

I don't see any reason why the Bills cannot go 11 - 5 this year with a real possibiloty (Not a dream anymore) of going 12 - 4..

Tim-

Darren Woodson was asked to handicap the AFC East and is still picking the Pats, even though a minute earlier he said the Pats would have trouble beating the Raiders. He said he expected "the wind to come out" of the Bills sails because "the AFC East still goes through New England." (It does?) He even said the Jets are standing in our way.

The Bills can keep proving themselves but media will always discount what they do.

PTR

Good. That'll help keep the Bills from getting swelled egos and help keep fan boards from filling up with bangwagon dopes.

PTR

He knows that the last time the Bills went on a 3-0 start, they completely caved in by week 7. He also knows that there's a chance the Bills can go 3-13.

Of course, there's also a chance that the Pats* can go 2-14... :D

That Oakland win was a quality win. Two wins over 2 tough teams in the first 3 weeks is a good sign.

To look at 2008 as a warning about these Bills is not a good comparison. Totally different team. Different coach, different QB, hell different turf and different uniforms.

the more the bills win, the more crow these guys will eat.

It's always more enjoyable to make these maroons look silly every week. It's not like the Bills aren't getting respect from much of the media at this point. I think it's good to still have a few of these guys running around spouting off like this. Keep them hungry to keep proving it week in and week out.

What have the Bills done over a 16 week season in recent memory that says any different? How can any of you be surprised with a skeptical media?

Please.....

^This. Until our team does more, let us continue to be the under dogs. Keep the ego in check.

Promo I bet you'd agree to let it happen. ESPN has lost it's touch long ago. Look who their experts are. Clayton? He most likely couldn't bench a football so how did he become an expert? Let these guys say what they will, and let the Bills keep going. I said that the Bills will most likely go 8-8 and that would be considered a decent year. Chan the Man has really turned this team into not only doing but BILLieving in themselves, and it shows. If and a big IF the Bills sweep the jets and pats will people really look at the Bills.

For the record, Buffalo has a good to great chance of going 5-0 while the pats and jets stand to go 2-3. I just hope it happens.

Frankly, the Jets do look to be something we can struggle against so with regards to that part of the statement I agree with the reporter. With regards to NE*, if we have McGee back for that game we may be able to deal with Welker, then again the challenge will be handling not one but 2 super TE's. Division wise it's key that we sweep home, take Miami away and win either Jets or Pats* away.

PTR

Yes, the AFC East still goes through New England. He's right. The Patriots have won the AFC East 8 out of the last 10 years. Just like the AFC East went through Buffalo during the Kelly years.

I think the main source of the skepticism is the fact that they fell behind by so much in the OAK and NE* games. It's easy to view the "falling behind" part as an indication of potentially bad things behind the curtain, and the "coming back" part as just a sign of desperation that can't be maintained, rather than true power and ability.

It's interesting, because the opposite is rarely true: in OAK and NE*'s cases, the jump to big early leads is seen as a reflection of their true power, while their failures at the end is viewed more as a fluke letdown rather than the result of an exploitation of their weaknesses.

I don't understand why people get so offended by this stuff. We have sucked for a long time. Three games isn't going to change anyone's opinion. Three games doesn't convince me we are going to win the division or go to the playoffs, that's for sure. There is hope but a lot of people act like it is a done deal.

PTR

I will reiterate, let the experts hate on our Bills. Their opinions are....just that, opinions. Let them babble on, sowing seeds of doubt in the opponents' little brains. I love our team!