Belichick's sportsmanship (or lack their-of)

I will give the devil his due, Bill Belichick is right up their with the greatest coaching legends in NFL history along with the likes of Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, and Vince Lombardi. But can this JACKASS EVER take a loss like a professional? Yesterday's temper-tantrum on the sideline that cost him a time-out at the end of the game is something he should be completely embarrassed about. And the infamous "Drive-by Handshake" postgame is getting to be a bit of a habit in post-Patriot losses. If I remember correctly, Belichick didn't even attempt to shake Tom Coughlin's hand after SuperBowl XLII, maybe I'm wrong. But I do remember the presser following that game and he barely answered any of the reporters questions! For all of the Patriots accolades, this team, and their leader, are bona-fide C R Y B A B I E S!!!! %@*& YOU BELICHICK! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, was the tantrum what caused that timeout? I thought the clock was going to be running after the review...

You are correct and he did speak to Gailey for a few seconds after the game. He didn't just shake hands and walk away. I don't blame him. If I was Pats* coach I would be pissed also.

I will give the devil his due, Bill Belichick is right up their with the greatest coaching legends in NFL history along with the likes of Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, and Vince Lombardi. But can this JACKASS EVER take a loss like a professional? Yesterday's temper-tantrum on the sideline that cost him a time-out at the end of the game is something he should be completely embarrassed about. And the infamous "Drive-by Handshake" postgame is getting to be a bit of a habit in post-Patriot losses. If I remember correctly, Belichick didn't even attempt to shake Tom Coughlin's hand after SuperBowl XLII, maybe I'm wrong. But I do remember the presser following that game and he barely answered any of the reporters questions! For all of the Patriots accolades, this team, and their leader, are bona-fide C R Y B A B I E S!!!! %@*& YOU BELICHICK! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You post that and have the audacity to call Belichick a crybaby? A little hypocritical, don't you think?

It didn't "cost him a timeout". He had to take one because Jackson was tackled in the field of play and the referees were going to wind the clock. His argument was whether or not the clock should be started because of the review process.

You know, it's OK to hate the guy but to sit here and nitpick every damn thing is ridiculous. The guy has coached a team that year in and year out is at the top of the NFL, regardless of what gets thrown at them, including winning 11 games with Matt friggin' Cassel at QB. He's adapted his coaching/personnel to fit the strength of his group, including throwing a ton of resources at his offense to the detriment of the side of the ball he made his name coaching.

You post that and have the audacity to call Belichick a crybaby? A little hypocritical, don't you think?

It didn't "cost him a timeout". He had to take one because Jackson was tackled in the field of play and the referees were going to wind the clock. His argument was whether or not the clock should be started because of the review process.

You know, it's OK to hate the guy but to sit here and nitpick every damn thing is ridiculous. The guy has coached a team that year in and year out is at the top of the NFL, regardless of what gets thrown at them, including winning 11 games with Matt friggin' Cassel at QB. He's adapted his coaching/personnel to fit the strength of his group, including throwing a ton of resources at his offense to the detriment of the side of the ball he made his name coaching.

Well said. These nonsensical posts only take away from the win, while making Bills fans look small and uninformed.

LMAO! I absolutely LOVE it! I knew, as soon as I posted this, that (INCREDIBLY) there would be people on here to actually defend Belichick just for the spite of disagreeing with a post. Hey Boneheads: THE GUY IS A POORSPORT! People who disagree and belittle people on a forum just to do it are really pathetic! WOW...Just WOW....

Who ever saw Vince Lombardi take a loss well? "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" Guess who said that

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????

REALLY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not a temper-tantrum that "cost" him a timeout. He took a timeout after Freddie's run when the clock was about to start again, plain and simple. That he was yelling at the refs had nothing to do with it.

There's plenty of real reasons to dislike BB. We don't need to go making up stevestojan.

That's what NFL coaches do --- they're poker players.

Edited by UConn James

BB Hates to lose, and I LOVE that we have had enough jokers who just jogged hapily across the field after losing. That said he was ANGRY about something on the sideline with the refI mean he was screaming, which is very un BB like.

As for our "leaders" being poor sports? Umm how was Brady a poor sport he blamed HIMSELF for the loss and gave the bills credit for being the better team. (Mind you 3 tipped balls INT what are the odds lol 99% of tips usually fall INC.)

That said I am glad the Pats HATE to lose, I be ticked if they were like the red sox and saying "oh we just got unlucky no need worry" I want them ticked off. I would hope the bills fans want the same for your team because LOSING STINKS!

LMAO! I absolutely LOVE it! I knew, as soon as I posted this, that (INCREDIBLY) there would be people on here to actually defend Belichick just for the spite of disagreeing with a post. Hey Boneheads: THE GUY IS A POORSPORT! People who disagree and belittle people on a forum just to do it are really pathetic! WOW...Just WOW....

You do understand that this is exactly what you are doing, right? :unsure: Does that make you pathetic?

REALLY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, really. I despise Belechik but he didn't cost his team a timeout. He was either trying to get time put on the clock or arguing that the refs should not wind the clock or that the play was a TD so they could get the ball back. He HAD to take a timeout and did. Rich Gannon and you did not get that.

Belicheck is probably the best coach in NFL history. I hate that he owns the Bills and love that he lost, but yesterday he was not a poor sport.

You know I really hate to agree with you...but this is spot on. It's much easier for me to feel this way since won though, just being honest.

You're right about the timeout not being Belichick's fault, but post was more about his personality, which is pretty dull. He was a losing head coach before Brady and probably will be after Brady.

Watching that TV special on him, I liked how he included his son in his job, even making gametime notes with him, throwing the ball etc. I disliked him a lot less after seeing him as good father, but I also got the feeling that when it comes to his players, he lacks the strong relationships that great personable coaches have with their players. Seemed kinda distant and shy. Not my type of guy in that respect.

He's gotta be feeling some heat from the fans, I think it's been 6 years now since they've won a playoff game. Regular season he's strong but eventually that's going to wear thin if you lose every post season game.

I'd love for us to beat them in the playoffs this year.

Shouldn't he know that rule and not argue/cry Mr. Limbaw?