Belichick's sportsmanship (or lack their-of)

What really cost the Patriots was Wilfork's personal foul. That gave the Bills an extra down with which to run the clock. If the OP wants to gripe about silly immaturity, this is the one to complain about...even though it helped the Bills.

I 100% agree with this was a bonehead play. I am not saying the Pats WOULD have done anything but Brady with say 40 sec left and only a FG to tie i LIKE OUR CHANCES.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This makes sense. Murph & Kelso made a comment that made me believe his complaint to the ref cost him the timeout, but that didn't make much sense to me. In hindsight, Belichick was trying to do whatever he could to keep some time on the clock. It's what good coaches do. Many Bills fans see it as a "crybaby tantrum", but if Chan Gailey did the same thing, it would be good coaching. It's good coaching, no matter what.

What really cost the Patriots was Wilfork's personal foul. That gave the Bills an extra down with which to run the clock. If the OP wants to gripe about silly immaturity, this is the one to complain about...even though it helped the Bills.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Belicheat was arguing that the playclock should be set at 25 when they started it up rather than the standard 40 due to the official's timeout. When he realized it would be set at 40, he took the timeout.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Belicheat was arguing that the playclock should be set at 25 when they started it up rather than the standard 40 due to the official's timeout. When he realized it would be set at 40, he took the timeout.

Are you sure it would have been set at :40? I thought after a stoppage like that it goes to :25.

Are you sure it would have been set at :40? I thought after a stoppage like that it goes to :25.

After a replay that overturns a call, the conditions revert to what they would have been without the missed call. Had they ruled Freddie down at the 1, the clock would have run off :40 so that's what it should have been set to.

After a replay that overturns a call, the conditions revert to what they would have been without the missed call. Had they ruled Freddie down at the 1, the clock would have run off :40 so that's what it should have been set to.

ok, thanks.

It is a package deal i think.

Brady and Belichick. Brady to me is a very weak minded guy, that Belichick is able to manipulate.

I am not talking about Brady's talent or ability to win games in pressure situations. But if you watched yesterday, when things aren't going his way, Brady loses it. He always had. Thats why forever coaches and fans of other teams know you have to hit him.

An di for one couldn't have been more happy watching Belichick blow up.

To me, could be wrong, but it showed he thinks he is bigger then the game. The way he was treating the refs, and on the field.

Anyways, Bills won and thats all that matters. Now i really want to beat them in NE at the end of the year. When you know Brady and Belichick will be wanting to beat Buffalo.

Apparently, you're not old enough to have watched Marv Levy pitch a fit on the sideline and swear up one side of a ref and down the other. Or maybe you think Marv thought he was bigger than the game, too.

Edited by Erik Flowers

Apparently, you're not old enough to have watched Marv Levy pitch a fit on the sideline and swear up one side of a ref and down the other. Or maybe you think Marv thought he was bigger than the game, too.

Marv was great. Whenever he was mic'd up, NFL films had to bleep every other word!!

LMAO! I absolutely LOVE it! I knew, as soon as I posted this, that (INCREDIBLY) there would be people on here to actually defend Belichick just for the spite of disagreeing with a post. Hey Boneheads: THE GUY IS A POORSPORT! People who disagree and belittle people on a forum just to do it are really pathetic! WOW...Just WOW....

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????

REALLY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you can't stand people that are intolerant. dry.gif

Actually met Mr Levy many times.

I dont recall however him once stopping the game for one of his 'fits'.

But thanks for trying.

You post that and have the audacity to call Belichick a crybaby? A little hypocritical, don't you think?

It didn't "cost him a timeout". He had to take one because Jackson was tackled in the field of play and the referees were going to wind the clock. His argument was whether or not the clock should be started because of the review process.

You know, it's OK to hate the guy but to sit here and nitpick every damn thing is ridiculous. The guy has coached a team that year in and year out is at the top of the NFL, regardless of what gets thrown at them, including winning 11 games with Matt friggin' Cassel at QB. He's adapted his coaching/personnel to fit the strength of his group, including throwing a ton of resources at his offense to the detriment of the side of the ball he made his name coaching.

Perfectly stated.

I dont know if anyone noticed but i dont have DVR.. but at the end when BB was coming across the field.. Shawne Merriman try to shake BB hand and BB kept going. did anyone else see that?

I'm glad someone else saw this, I was just going to point this out. Although Bill shook Gailey's hand and talked for a second w him, he totally dissed Merriman as Shawne tried to shake his hand. The guy is a classless POS!!! Always has been, always will be. Apparently he is bigger than the players that bust their asses and play the game.

Edited by Rayzer32

Ever since spygate BB has been in the spotlight of the media. It's his own fault. His flyby's after games has more to do with getting off the field and away from the media than anything else. At least that is my opinion. I thought BB was good to Chan yesterday. I watched the exchange because i am curious like everyone else. He did more than a handshake. I think he gave Chan some props for the win.

Ever since spygate BB has been in the spotlight of the media. It's his own fault. His flyby's after games has more to do with getting off the field and away from the media than anything else. At least that is my opinion. I thought BB was good to Chan yesterday. I watched the exchange because i am curious like everyone else. He did more than a handshake. I think he gave Chan some props for the win.

We saw as much with the McDaniel thing in Denver. During the "Bill Belichik - A Football Life", they showed them talking before the game and he said something along the lines of "let's make this the post game hand shake and I'll talk to you later". Obviously he didn't want the resulting circus around the "Teacher/Pupil" facet that the media was going to beat to death.

I thought he* loved cameras :unsure:

:worthy:

Maybe so, but BB's coaching (as DC & HC) resume prior to Brady speaks for itself.

Belichick's HC record...

Without Brady: 52-62. (This includes 0-2 with Bledsoe in 2001 before Brady became the starter and the 11-5 season with Cassel.)

With Brady: 150-78.

Any questions?

The man has always been a great DC. He wasn't jack as an HC until Brady got there.