Belichick's sportsmanship (or lack their-of)

He's gotta be feeling some heat from the fans, I think it's been 6 years now since they've won a playoff game. Regular season he's strong but eventually that's going to wear thin if you lose every post season game.

I had comment so MANY people think this. Only been 2 yrs we been 1 and done w brady. (in 08 we missed the playoffs w our back up in all yr w 11 wins we were very happy) and the year before that was the 18-1 yr.

And BB is considered a coaching GOD up here all other coaches compared to him , and rightfully so he wins and rarely gets outcoached. The Ravens Kileed us, but the Jets in the playoffs were faking cramps whenever the Pats O got marching (what a surprise.)

That said BB IMO will retire the same day Brady does.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right about the timeout not being Belichick's fault, but post was more about his personality, which is pretty dull. He was a losing head coach before Brady and probably will be after Brady.

What coach regularly wins without great players? That's a ridiculous point.

Watching that TV special on him, I liked how he included his son in his job, even making gametime notes with him, throwing the ball etc. I disliked him a lot less after seeing him as good father, but I also got the feeling that when it comes to his players, he lacks the strong relationships that great personable coaches have with their players. Seemed kinda distant and shy. Not my type of guy in that respect.

I don't know how the guy is because he obviously hates the camera. I don't know if he doesn't have a strong relationship with his players or not.

He's gotta be feeling some heat from the fans, I think it's been 6 years now since they've won a playoff game. Regular season he's strong but eventually that's going to wear thin if you lose every post season game.

I'd love for us to beat them in the playoffs this year.

I'd take a team that gets to the playoffs every season and wins a SB here or there.

Also BB is LOVED by his players and a lot of players league wide not named Mason (lol). He always has their back and NEVER EVER throws a player under the bus his press conferences are boring but after a loss he blames everyone INCLUDING himself for not coaching well enough to win. Like I said before it seems the Bills finally got a good HC again (They are as hard to find a s a great QB IMO) and thats why your winning again, be interesting see how your team reacts after its 1st loss as well.

Also BB is LOVED by his players and a lot of players league wide not named Mason (lol). He always has their back and NEVER EVER throws a player under the bus his press conferences are boring but after a loss he blames everyone INCLUDING himself for not coaching well enough to win. Like I said before it seems the Bills finally got a good HC again (They are as hard to find a s a great QB IMO) and thats why your winning again, be interesting see how your team reacts after its 1st loss as well.

Ted Johnson doesn't love him.

And the fact is, BB is a cheater who was an awful head coach until he lucked into a top 5 QB. He sleeps with married women and makes his players play with concussions. On top of that, he steals clothes from homeless people. He is a very bad man.

You're right about the timeout not being Belichick's fault, but post was more about his personality, which is pretty dull. He was a losing head coach before Brady and probably will be after Brady.

Watching that TV special on him, I liked how he included his son in his job, even making gametime notes with him, throwing the ball etc. I disliked him a lot less after seeing him as good father, but I also got the feeling that when it comes to his players, he lacks the strong relationships that great personable coaches have with their players. Seemed kinda distant and shy. Not my type of guy in that respect.

I'd love for us to beat them in the playoffs this year.

It is a package deal i think.

Brady and Belichick. Brady to me is a very weak minded guy, that Belichick is able to manipulate.

I am not talking about Brady's talent or ability to win games in pressure situations. But if you watched yesterday, when things aren't going his way, Brady loses it. He always had. Thats why forever coaches and fans of other teams know you have to hit him.

An di for one couldn't have been more happy watching Belichick blow up.

To me, could be wrong, but it showed he thinks he is bigger then the game. The way he was treating the refs, and on the field.

Anyways, Bills won and thats all that matters. Now i really want to beat them in NE at the end of the year. When you know Brady and Belichick will be wanting to beat Buffalo.

Win or lose you always shake hands of the other coach. Not doing that is cry baby stuff. You don't have to like losing, but be a man and admit that you got beat, then go work your ass of to get better and win the next game.

He DID shake Gailey's hand and they talked a bit before leaving the field. Where are you guys getting this stuff?

Ted Johnson doesn't love him.

And the fact is, BB is a cheater who was an awful head coach until he lucked into a top 5 QB. He sleeps with married women and makes his players play with concussions. On top of that, he steals clothes from homeless people. He is a very bad man.

Really?

Ted Johnson AFTER he made his comments wanted come back and Play for BB, but BB said no.

BB is a cheater, sigh not getting into spygate not worth it and just needs to people fighting over the past. As for luck in to Brady umm ok is Cassell elite? they went 11-5 with him coukld any Bill's coach since the SB days done the same w a QB w no experience since HIGH SCHOOL!?!?

Force players play w concussions lol same w homeless commenty...

Really?

Ted Johnson AFTER he made his comments wanted come back and Play for BB, but BB said no.

BB is a cheater, sigh not getting into spygate not worth it and just needs to people fighting over the past. As for luck in to Brady umm ok is Cassell elite? they went 11-5 with him coukld any Bill's coach since the SB days done the same w a QB w no experience since HIGH SCHOOL!?!?

Force players play w concussions lol same w homeless commenty...

That hurt trying to read and understand this.

That hurt trying to read and understand this.

sorry keyboard nutty, was trying say this:

BB went 11-5 with Cassel, hardly an elite QB so I think he been successful even without Brady. (so "lucking" into him was silly comment)

Also Ted Johnson Blamed BB then a week later asked BB to sign him to a deal PUBLICLY in the boston herald or globe.. so he really hated him.

And lastly wasnt going get into spygate that starts nothing but problems.

After a decade of not making the playoffs, I love a thread attacking a guy who is maybe the best head coach of all time. Awesome.

And as far as this "he did nothing before Brady,"

SB winning Defensive coordinator 1986

SB winning DC 1990

SB losing DC (for Patriots) 1996

Somewhere in there, he took a dreck Cleveland team (Testeverde and Todd Philcox at QB!) and made them near .500 and even got them to the playoffs for a year.

And sure, post-Brady, all he did was win 3 SBs and appear in 4. No Bills coach in the last decade could have done the same thing with Tom Brady.

Let's be real here: Belicheck wipes his ass with the Bills coaches.

sorry keyboard nutty, was trying say this:

BB went 11-5 with Cassel, hardly an elite QB so I think he been successful even without Brady. (so "lucking" into him was silly comment)

Also Ted Johnson Blamed BB then a week later asked BB to sign him to a deal PUBLICLY in the boston herald or globe.. so he really hated him.

And lastly wasnt going get into spygate that starts nothing but problems.

The Cassel thing is the most overblown thing in the world. Cassel just took a 4-12 team to the playoffs last year. Also, he inherited a 16-0 team and promptly lost 5 more games.

Honestly, you seem like a classy post and it wasn't an attack on you. But I definitely believe Brady made Belichick much more than Belichick made Brady.

Honestly, you seem like a classy post and it wasn't an attack on you. But I definitely believe Brady made Belichick much more than Belichick made Brady.

Again, what coach has won without great talent? It takes talent, coaching, and luck to win regularly in the NFL. The Patriots have been a model organization for a decade.

How do the Colts look without Peyton Manning?

Again, what coach has won without great talent? It takes talent, coaching, and luck to win regularly in the NFL. The Patriots have been a model organization for a decade.

How do the Colts look without Peyton Manning?

Fair point and I agree. But what Gailey is doing with this cast is the definition of great coaching. BB is a good coach don't get me wrong, but I think he is overrated.

You want to not have people belittle and disagree with you, try getting you facts right to start with. He took a TO to prevent the clock from running which was smart thing and actually was rather impressive that after having a long heated argument with the official, he still had the presense of mind to take the TO. Many a coach oin that situation would have totally forgot that the clock was running.

As was pointed out he shook Chan's hand and even spoke a few words.

BB is certainly dull to listen to, but as was stated part of his dullness is due to never throwing anyone under the bus. so he pretty much says nothing. I've never seen a team make less "bulletion board" material statments.

So tell me what should BB have done to make him be a better sport in your eyes. Should he not have argued with the official. Well yes that would make him a better sport, but he clearly is far from the first to argue a call. At tthis leve lall coaches argue, Well maybe not DJ

As far as the cheating comments go, the only difference between him and other NFL coaches was that he got caught.

LMAO! I absolutely LOVE it! I knew, as soon as I posted this, that (INCREDIBLY) there would be people on here to actually defend Belichick just for the spite of disagreeing with a post. Hey Boneheads: THE GUY IS A POORSPORT! People who disagree and belittle people on a forum just to do it are really pathetic! WOW...Just WOW....

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????

REALLY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cassel thing is the most overblown thing in the world.

Kind of like Jauron's 13-3 season in Chicago.

But how many people pointed to that "accomplishment" as testament of Jauron's ability?

And even a bigger question, how many people still do?

Cassel just took a 4-12 team to the playoffs last year. Also, he inherited a 16-0 team and promptly lost 5 more games.

:doh:

Maybe so, but BB's coaching (as DC & HC) resume prior to Brady speaks for itself.

You post that and have the audacity to call Belichick a crybaby? A little hypocritical, don't you think?

It didn't "cost him a timeout". He had to take one because Jackson was tackled in the field of play and the referees were going to wind the clock. His argument was whether or not the clock should be started because of the review process.

You know, it's OK to hate the guy but to sit here and nitpick every damn thing is ridiculous. The guy has coached a team that year in and year out is at the top of the NFL, regardless of what gets thrown at them, including winning 11 games with Matt friggin' Cassel at QB. He's adapted his coaching/personnel to fit the strength of his group, including throwing a ton of resources at his offense to the detriment of the side of the ball he made his name coaching.

This makes sense. Murph & Kelso made a comment that made me believe his complaint to the ref cost him the timeout, but that didn't make much sense to me. In hindsight, Belichick was trying to do whatever he could to keep some time on the clock. It's what good coaches do. Many Bills fans see it as a "crybaby tantrum", but if Chan Gailey did the same thing, it would be good coaching. It's good coaching, no matter what.

What really cost the Patriots was Wilfork's personal foul. That gave the Bills an extra down with which to run the clock. If the OP wants to gripe about silly immaturity, this is the one to complain about...even though it helped the Bills.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Win or lose you always shake hands of the other coach. Not doing that is cry baby stuff. You don't have to like losing, but be a man and admit that you got beat, then go work your ass of to get better and win the next game.

Maybe you missed it but he shook Chan's hand after ward and even talked for 5 seconds. I guess since we are a better team we haven't caught up from being ****ty fans for so long. Oh well....