A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) One thing I gotta say about Stevie Johnson. The kid is almost always open. I'm serious. We have all seen better receivers, but SJ is getting better week to week and it's impossible not to like this kid.

2) My prayers go out to A. Williams. Get well young man.

3) Chandler didn't put up big numbers. It looked to me as if he wasn't on the field so much. But, that kid gives it his all on every play, and he sure seems to be a clutch player.

4) Kudos to McKelvin. Yeah, I said that.

5) Fred Jackson is sick. Seriously, he gets better week to week and it's not like he is young. He was switching gears on a couple of those runs and is faster that I thought. I do hope that they give him a new contract. It's a safe bet that he won't take the money and quit ala Dockery. The man is a gentleman.

6) Did you people see Bellichick? He isn't ageing well at all. It's as if all the cheating is catching up with him. I know I'm wrong to take it this seriously, but he makes me sick. I can't even look at that scumbag.

7) On the beautiful run by Jackson with approx. 10:28 left in the 3rd quarter, Andy Levitre took out 2 defenders, and he did so in about 2 seconds or less. He can play on my team any day of the week.

8) Spiller hesitated on a punt return where it looked to me that he could have gained yards. He also made a fair catch on the 5. He needs to step up and contribute.

9) How often do I complain about the refs? Well, on the first 2 NE drives, the Bills defenders were held on every play. Especially Kelsay, who was actually tackled. I was sure that they were handing NE the game; it was that bad.

10) See what I mean wrt Fitz? He gets his body into position to make throws. He has to because he doesn't have a cannon, but it doesn't matter. He gets the ball in there and he's actually a thrilling player to watch.

11) Gailey is an offensive genius. It baffles me that he wasn't a long time NFL head coach. It's even a little freaky, but so is this entire team. It's as if I still, at 3-0, don't know exactly how to rate them. The pass rush is a big concern, but there is something really good about this football team that it's hard to put into words. At the risk of sounding cliche, this team plays with heart. Heart and determination that I'm not sure if I've ever seen before from any Buffalo Bills football team, and that's quite the compliment.

12) I left out a bunch of things. I know this but its as if I'm spellbound, still.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day in Bills history. Only thing I can say wrt to improving, is Merriman needs to step up, McKelvin still got beat bad on that Ocho TD drop, and Spiller did nothing. Can they not get that guy involved in the passing game? I'm sure Gailey will figure it out. But this is nitpicking on a day like today. And Stevie J is doing what he does with an injury that I'm not sure how he's playing through. And pay Freddie - his value only goes up every week. Oh and I agree this team has that heart, determination, and chemistry that can take them a long way, but I do remember some Jim Kelly led teams that you could say had a little heart and determination in their time.

Good thoughts as usual Bill, feels so damn good to finally beat the pats*. :thumbsup:

Thanks and yes, it really does.

You see, I don't know exactly what is happening. Let me ask you this, are you SURE that we are going to beat the Bengals? You see what I'm trying to say? We are Buffalo Bills, and we are in first place. Undefeated.

This is just SO great!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good points, as usual. It's almost as if we're completely, utterly unpredictable at this point. It seems like we could beat any team, or lose to any team. I sure as hell love watching them, though. I think I just need more time to figure out if this is all real.

Great points Bill...Had tears in my eyes I was so amazed. I haven't felt this high on this team since well, JK was our QB. I feel like we can beat anyone, but we still have lots to work on and are no where near perfect. We really need to get away from the slow starts. As good as our offensive stats are; last week and this week were bascially 4 quarters worth of work. If we can get going from the get go as with the KC game, we can put up lots of points...

This is an entirely different feeling than 2008. This team plays with passion. I still have a hard time completly giving in to this team, just have been crushed too often by this damn team of ours...This win feels AMAZING. Nothing better than seeing Bellicheat all pissy...

Go Bills!!!

Stevie Johnston reminds me of Andre Reed.....that is exactly who he reminds me of. He doesnt need a 1a across from him to make his plays......he just needs to be on the field. The fact that we have David Nelson and Jones on the field def does not hurt.

This team is fun to watch

Reed is an HOFer and Stevie has a looooong way to go to get there; but he is off to a damn good start. When I see Stevie toast Revis and other top DBs a few more times then I will be willing to take that leap...SJ is turning into a great player...

Great day in Bills history. Only thing I can say wrt to improving, is Merriman needs to step up, McKelvin still got beat bad on that Ocho TD drop, and Spiller did nothing. Can they not get that guy involved in the passing game? I'm sure Gailey will figure it out. But this is nitpicking on a day like today. And Stevie J is doing what he does with an injury that I'm not sure how he's playing through. And pay Freddie - his value only goes up every week. Oh and I agree this team has that heart, determination, and chemistry that can take them a long way, but I do remember some Jim Kelly led teams that you could say had a little heart and determination in their time.

Ocho made a mistake trying to pull the catch in with his hands. He should have used his mouth. Ocho oughtta hang them up and fade into the sunset and take Lee Evans with him. Flacco didn't need the greatest decoy in football today.

How are you feeling about the OL now Bill? I think theres room for improvement, but overall, they are exceeding EVERYONE'S expectations. I'd give them a big shout out.

<br />Great points Bill...Had tears in my eyes I was so amazed. I haven't felt this high on this team since well, JK was our QB. I feel like we can beat anyone, but we still have lots to work on and are no where near perfect. We really need to get away from the slow starts. As good as our offensive stats are; last week and this week were bascially 4 quarters worth of work. If we can get going from the get go as with the KC game, we can put up lots of points... <br /><br />This is an entirely different feeling than 2008. This team plays with passion. I still have a hard time completly giving in to this team, just have been crushed too often by this damn team of ours...This win feels AMAZING. Nothing better than seeing Bellicheat all pissy...<br /><br />Go Bills!!!<br />
we are putting up lots of points. LOTS

11) Gailey is an offensive genius. It baffles me that he wasn't a long time NFL head coach. It's even a little freaky, but so is this entire team. It's as if I still, at 3-0, don't know exactly how to rate them. The pass rush is a big concern, but there is something really good about this football team that it's hard to put into words. At the risk of sounding cliche, this team plays with heart. Heart and determination that I'm not sure if I've ever seen before from any Buffalo Bills football team, and that's quite the compliment.

Amen to this, brother Bill! I remember when we hired Gailey, Jerry Jones went out of his way to praise the hire and to say how he wishes he would have given Chan more time in Dallas. I wasn't really buying it at the time, and I wasn't thrilled with the hire, but I'm a Billiever now! There is no coach anywhere on the planet I'd rather have leading this team...guys like Cowher and Shanahan (and little Shottenheimer, and whoever else...) who didn't want to come here was a complete blessing in disguise...we ended up with EXACTLY the coach we needed, and this team has become exciting to watch again.

What a great win...I'm in love with this team :)

Good points, as usual. It's almost as if we're completely, utterly unpredictable at this point. It seems like we could beat any team, or lose to any team. I sure as hell love watching them, though. I think I just need more time to figure out if this is all real.

We are on the same page Bro. I know exactly what you mean. I predicted that the Bills would finish 5-11 this season, this after serious thought. And btw I am not ashamed of this prediction. But now, as we speak, it feels like anything can happen.

Jack asks jokingly in another thread what we did to win this game. He is the answer to his own question. Just before every season he posts the video that sums it up for many of us.

Times like this validate the suffering, wouldn't you say? I have absolutely no idea what the Bills are going to do this season. What I AM sure of is that the unfolding story is just as much about us as loyal fans as it is about the team itself. It's all cool.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

Stevie Johnston reminds me of Andre Reed.....that is exactly who he reminds me of. He doesnt need a 1a across from him to make his plays......he just needs to be on the field. The fact that we have David Nelson and Jones on the field def does not hurt.

This team is fun to watch

Stevie is growing up fast. A little thing that happened at the game today is that he was introduced last....in tandem with Donald Jones. Now I assume that had to be his idea knowing full well he would get a bigger cheer than Jones.....so they came out together. Little things like that are what is fueling this run.

The biggest difference between these guys and the glory days is that just about every single guy on this team is likable.....and they are built on smarts and trust as much as talent. I would trust most of these guys to babysit my kid. Look at the list...Fitz, Freddie, Nelson, Wood, Kelsay, Williams, Edwards, Wilson....just smart guys who know how to play the game. Guys like Barnett, Florence, McGee when he is back, Darius, Merriman, Stevie....a nice mix of talent and effort and guys who want to win and bring the fans along for the ride. Even the guys who aren't always the sharpest are really good kids who you want to root for like McKelvin and Spiller.

And a lot of it has to do with two country bumpkins who will tell you flat out, this is a pile of gold and this is a pile of $#!t.....and every now and then they'll find a gold nugget in someone else's pile of supposed dung. The honesty and character has been refreshing and sets the tone for the whole thing.

It has been something special the past few weeks. It's great to see the 20 somethings and college kids get a taste of what it was like to have the team to look forward to week after week. When the Sabres are rolling it's like a small tornado.....but when the Bills get going, the whole thing turns into a category 5 hurricane. The younger generation has no idea of the power behind it. I think it's safe to say we at least now have a tropical storm warning posted for our area.

Amen to this, brother Bill! I remember when we hired Gailey, Jerry Jones went out of his way to praise the hire and to say how he wishes he would have given Chan more time in Dallas. I wasn't really buying it at the time, and I wasn't thrilled with the hire, but I'm a Billiever now! There is no coach anywhere on the planet I'd rather have leading this team...guys like Cowher and Shanahan (and little Shottenheimer, and whoever else...) who didn't want to come here was a complete blessing in disguise...we ended up with EXACTLY the coach we needed, and this team has become exciting to watch again.

What a great win...I'm in love with this team :)

Btw, Cowher was all over the hiring of Gailey. He couldn't praise him enough. I didn't know much about him and was admittedly not especially impressed. What I know now is exactly what you said. Gailey, imo, is as perfect for this team as Fitz is for this OL.

The game ending field goal was gripping, wasn't it? It cut the uprights in half. Tell the truth.....were you (and others) nervous? I sure was.

I try to keep my weekly post about 50/50 in terms of being analytical and emotional. It's a lot of fun writing this stuff and I am flattered by the fact that anyone gives a f&^k what I think. This week however, emotion abounds.

I think the best part of this whole scenario is that if we can beat the Bengals next week, I will be just as happy as I am right now.

That, imo, is a feeling that only Bills fans can understand.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<br /> Btw, Cowher was all over the hiring of Gailey. He couldn't praise him enough. I didn't know much about him and was admittedly not especially impressed. What I know now is exactly what you said. Gailey, imo, is as perfect for this team as Fitz is for this OL. <br /> The game ending field goal was gripping, wasn't it? It cut the uprights in half. Tell the truth.....were you (and others) nervous? I sure was. <br /> I try to keep my weekly post about 50/50 in terms of being analytical and emotional. It's a lot of fun writing this stuff and I am flattered by the fact that anyone gives a f&^k what I think. This week however, emotion abounds. <br /> I think the best part of this whole scenario is that if we can beat the Bengals next week, I will be just as happy as I am right now. <br /> That, imo, is a feeling that only Bills fans can understand.<br /><br />GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
but how do you feel about the OL? :)

I think the best part of this whole scenario is that if we can beat the Bengals next week, I will be just as happy as I am right now.

Playing the Bengals, a weak team, after a big emotional win. That will give us an idea of what this team is really made of.

And just two short years ago, it seemed our receivers were never open. What happened?

B

This is exactly how I feel. I like this whole TEAM. It's good.

1) One thing I gotta say about Stevie Johnson. The kid is almost always open. I'm serious. We have all seen better receivers, but SJ is getting better week to week and it's impossible not to like this kid.

2) My prayers go out to A. Williams. Get well young man.

3) Chandler didn't put up big numbers. It looked to me as if he wasn't on the field so much. But, that kid gives it his all on every play, and he sure seems to be a clutch player.

4) Kudos to McKelvin. Yeah, I said that.

5) Fred Jackson is sick. Seriously, he gets better week to week and it's not like he is young. He was switching gears on a couple of those runs and is faster that I thought. I do hope that they give him a new contract. It's a safe bet that he won't take the money and quit ala Dockery. The man is a gentleman.

6) Did you people see Bellichick? He isn't ageing well at all. It's as if all the cheating is catching up with him. I know I'm wrong to take it this seriously, but he makes me sick. I can't even look at that scumbag.

7) On the beautiful run by Jackson with approx. 10:28 left in the 3rd quarter, Andy Levitre took out 2 defenders, and he did so in about 2 seconds or less. He can play on my team any day of the week.

8) Spiller hesitated on a punt return where it looked to me that he could have gained yards. He also made a fair catch on the 5. He needs to step up and contribute.

9) How often do I complain about the refs? Well, on the first 2 NE drives, the Bills defenders were held on every play. Especially Kelsay, who was actually tackled. I was sure that they were handing NE the game; it was that bad.

10) See what I mean wrt Fitz? He gets his body into position to make throws. He has to because he doesn't have a cannon, but it doesn't matter. He gets the ball in there and he's actually a thrilling player to watch.

12) I left out a bunch of things. I know this but its as if I'm spellbound, still.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's "actually" a thrilling player to watch? I've got to tell you, I don't get your twisted pretzel endorsements of Fitzpatrick. There's always a qualifier. We've finally found our franchise QB I continue to see "nice" and backhanded type commentary on him.

Sorry man, I let it go last week but I've grown sufficiently annoyed to the point I felt I needed to point this out. No QB is currently looking better than him in the NFL, period. There's no qualifier necessary.

Unfortunately I was traveling yesterday and have not seen the game yet - just highlights. Despite that, I am still on a high this morning after this win. There is something special going on with this team. I have said this before, but I absolutely love what Gailey is doing with this team. Not just the creative offense and brilliant play calling, but more so the attitude he has created with this team. What a great job of coaching.