Chan is setting the energy

I know the Bills didnt get the fourth down, and i think N.E went back down the other way and scorred?

But when Chan went for it on the fourth down, it showed The bills have a coach that understands the game.

Chan knew N.E was rolling on O and knew he needed to take a shot.

How many times under Jauron on one the other coaches over the last 12+years would have punted it?

Chan is setting the mind set.

That was a BS chop block call. Wood cut him and he was not engaged = leagal.

That was one of the worst officiated games (both ways) I have seen in a while.

Kelsay, who I dont like, should have drawn 4+ holding calls on their rookie tackle Solder. On some very big downs too. We are talking tackled to the ground and rump ranger/bear hug style holdings that were missed.

Kelsay, who I dont like, should have drawn 4+ holding calls on their rookie tackle Solder. On some very big downs too. We are talking tackled to the ground and rump ranger/bear hug style holdings that were missed.

Officiating was pretty bad. It seems like Byrd was assessed a penalty for making a heads-up play and killing Welker's chances for YAC.

You guys are forgetting that, per the Commissioner's Office, other teams are not allowed to block the Pats, nor tackle the Pats.

I know the Bills didnt get the fourth down, and i think N.E went back down the other way and scorred?

But when Chan went for it on the fourth down, it showed The bills have a coach that understands the game.

Chan knew N.E was rolling on O and knew he needed to take a shot.

How many times under Jauron on one the other coaches over the last 12+years would have punted it?

Chan is setting the mind set.

I was thinking there at the end of the game that the mind of Dick Jauron would NEVER have been able to pull off that clock-killing final 1:30.

God bless Chan! I love having him as Bills head coach.

I was thinking there at the end of the game that the mind of Dick Jauron would NEVER have been able to pull off that clock-killing final 1:30.

God bless Chan! I love having him as Bills head coach.

I was thinking the same thing. And earlier on the drive, just before Fred made the run to the goal line, when teh Bills were on the Pats' 39, Jauron would have run the ball three times into the middle of the line and expected Lindell to make a 55-yard field goal.

Going for it on that fourth down was not just a show of confidence in offense it was smart. Even with the INT the ball still moved down the field another 10 or 12 yards. If Moorman puts that ball in the endzone it is a net 15-20 yards or worse yet Lindell missess a FG.

It ws smart FB. The southern drawl and folksy answers he gives make him seem simple but Gailey is one bright dude that hasn't let the game pass him by...

bad call as it may have been, there was absolutely no reason for wood to chop that guy. he wasn't getting to fitz.

I thought in another game I was watching they said it was legal to cut a player as long as they were directly next to the person blocking them. IE, if the FB came in and chopped the player Rhinehart was blocking it would have been illegal, but Wood's block should have been legal because he was directly next to Rhinehart. I believe I read this in response to a lot of players on Pittsburgh who were complaining about the Ravens doing the same thing to them in their opening game, and it was stated it was still legal to cut a player even if he was engaged as long as it was the player directly next to the cutting player that was engaging them...

I was thinking the same thing. And earlier on the drive, just before Fred made the run to the goal line, when teh Bills were on the Pats' 39, Jauron would have run the ball three times into the middle of the line and expected Lindell to make a 55-yard field goal.

That's what would have happened in 2008. Or they would have scored a quick TD, giving Brady 1:20 to tie the game, which he would have done...then beat us in OT.

Today, I wanted them to do the same thing, but only because Fred was running well. That said, I loved the play call and adjustment by Fitz to get the slant to Fred. Chan did the right thing by running the clock down to kick the FG. That's the type of in-game coaching that wins games.

Going for it on that fourth down was not just a show of confidence in offense it was smart. Even with the INT the ball still moved down the field another 10 or 12 yards. If Moorman puts that ball in the endzone it is a net 15-20 yards or worse yet Lindell missess a FG.

It ws smart FB. The southern drawl and folksy answers he gives make him seem simple but Gailey is one bright dude that hasn't let the game pass him by...

exactly.

chan has the pulse of this team and the game itself.

how refreshing to watch a coach that understands things and make decisive decisions.

May not always work, but he is pushing the right buttons so far. Both on game day and personel.

Good for Chan, he is a good guy, getting his last shot(probably) to head coach in the NFL.

He was a cast off just like a lot of HIS players.

They just need to keep the hunger and focus, and sky is the limit!

IIRC, the thing that Nix and/or Gailey admitted could be the hardest thing to break was the losing mentality. I think it's safe to say they've gone a long way toward destroying that with these first 3 games. Those younger players may not know the pain a Kelsay, Moorman, Lindell, or McGee knows as veterans since earlier this decade, but they realize it's they can win games people don't think they can.

Kudos to Chan and the host of guys who made plays when it mattered most today. They earned that win.

bad call as it may have been, there was absolutely no reason for wood to chop that guy. he wasn't getting to fitz.

Its a legal block and thats his job, thats a reason for throwing the block.

Yeah, for all the heat our o-line takes I'm glad to see someone make a block like that whether the guy was going to get to Fitz or not.

A Mort recent Tweet

A reach? Dave Wannstedt's 2 playoff yrs w Fins came w Chan Gailey as OC. Beat Pats 3 of 4 in '00& '01. Chan brought Wannstedt in this yr

Nice to have a coaching staff that knows what they are doing.

Yeah ...idiots are figuring it out slowly...Chan was the RIGHT call, right coach, right now. You can not dispute what's he doing

The only problem I had with the play was in that situation you should throw it deeper - if it gets intercepted within the 10 yard line it is as good as (or better than) a punt