Evans Out for B'more

Chandler#81

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was the 1st time Evans has ever missed a game for the Bills.

I've very happy that other guys have stepped up, but I see 0 reason to try and crap on Lee. He was the ultimate professional. And Roscoe is a warrior for his size but he was a terrible draft pick by a terrible GM.

I can't hate on Lee Evans, really. We're in a better spot, and he might be as well. I wish him the best, unless the Bills and Ravens play.

Totally agree

Evans was always a class act here. He always produced on the field even with subpar surrounding talent. He never shot his mouth off against his teammates, coach, owner, or city. He never got into any trouble off the field like running over a fat chick with his SUV, shooting himself in the leg, or telling a cop he was worth millions.

I wish Lee well (except on the field against the Bills or Steelers)

I don't recall him being injury plagued... Hadn't he played every game of his career until about December? Not sure what you mean by just like old times...

Yeah, not clearly stated. I was refering to last years' Bills team that ended the season as The OLD times. After a game and a half, The NEW Bills are still without these 'can't win without them' WR's, winning without them.

Unlike many here, I was over the Evans departure quickly.

I have a feeling the d-coordinator is going to shift coverage over to the sideline where Evans is standing.

Nice! :thumbsup:

Still don't understand why people stick up for this guy.

Nice guy, but he couldn't carry Andre Reed or Eric Moulds' jock strap.

Average talent on a few below average offenses--definitely not a "Chan guy"....if he catches more than 40 balls this year, I'll be shocked.

Nice! :thumbsup:

Still don't understand why people stick up for this guy.

Nice guy, but he couldn't carry Andre Reed or Eric Moulds' jock strap.

Average talent on a few below average offenses--definitely not a "Chan guy"....if he catches more than 40 balls this year, I'll be shocked.

This. If people wanna discuss an elite level type wr who was hampered by inconsistent QB play it's Eric Moulds. Lee Evans is a poor mans Terry Glenn. Eric Moulds had hof talent and garbage qb's. It's not that Evans was bad, but the Lee Evans myth that he takes all this pressure off other receivers, rb's,qb's etc etc is just head scratching. On the list of former Bills wr's I'd put him on a level of Peerless Price

Yeah, not clearly stated. I was refering to last years' Bills team that ended the season as The OLD times. After a game and a half, The NEW Bills are still without these 'can't win without them' WR's, winning without them.

Unlike many here, I was over the Evans departure quickly.

Congratulations.

I don't recall him being injury plagued... Hadn't he played every game of his career until about December? Not sure what you mean by just like old times...

I think the writing was on the wall last year that Lee was on the decline. Just how sharp of a decline we didn't know but his start in Baltimore isn't particularly impressive.

I think the writing was on the wall last year that Lee was on the decline. Just how sharp of a decline we didn't know but his start in Baltimore isn't particularly impressive.

I think it's pretty early to write the guy off. He looked good early, before his injury.