I say we go after TO.

WNY

Martin was atrocious today....He dropped every ball thrown to him...We had quite a few drives stalled due to him.

Well, all of our receivers had the dropsies in the first half. Gailey commented on this.

Martin hasn't had a lot of time with the team. He is running a nice route and getting open.

I imagine one of two things will happen. Either the coaches see ability in practice, and they will give him a little time and some quiet coaching.

Or, they will bring up the young guns from the practice squad, who played well in pre-season.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Parish out for probably a while. Why not try to grab T.O. He would grab more attention for Stevie to make more plays along with our up and coming WR core. I think he would come back to Buffalo. What do you all think? One season contract 2 Million? Ralph's got the coin.

Pass on T.O. Unlike most, I still have a lot of love for T.O. but where does he fit in this Offense? I see a resurection of Roosevelt, and if need be Aiken, from the P.S. Really all depends on Stevie's groin...if he needs to sit a week, maybe 2. As for Parrish, IF roosevelt does get the call and performs as well as he did in the preseason, we may see Scoe IR'd...again!

LINK. Looks like Scoe is out for a while, welcome back Roosevelt!

Edited by Armchair GM

i thought so a little during the offseason, just a little. but when you have TO he commands attention from the D, great, but he also demands attention in the offense. I just think this group of WR is really geling together and becoming a unit. they like being the no names, let them they have been doing ok. keep spreading the ball to everybody rather than trying to get it to reciever a, b, or c. I like TO i liked him when he was here, he is quite and I don't think he creates conflict anymore, the issues TO brings to the team at this point for the Bills is just the fact that he is a sure fire future HOFer, and commands the offense to be a focused on TO.

I do think TO would have been (before his knee injury) a significantly better signing than Chad Ocho Cinco. TO still has some game yet, and TO at his age is still better than Ocho is now, any day all day.. With that I will say I am glad that the Patsies didn't go that route, now we don't have to deal with it twice a year

as a replacement for parrish, i say no way (see above). now if we lost stevie long term with some injury, groin or otherwise? i say pick up the phone. I am not sure I am ok with our wr corps with aiken and naaman as our replacement for parrish johnson

Martin was basically thrown into the game cold on Sunday. I'd say we give him a few weeks and see what he turns into. He's big, gets open and is great on special teams. Let's see what he turns into.

On another note, I wouldn't be shocked if we start to see a lot more of CJ in the slot this week. He's as fast, if not faster than Roscoe, a hell of a lot bigger and has really good hands. CJ also presents an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses because you can't cover him with a LB and its tough to cover him with a nickle back.

We also still have Roosevelt and Aiken waiting in the wings. Both of them look like they might be able to play some ball.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Won't happen, but I'd have no problem with it if it did. He's got a good work ethic, and he seems to pick up the attitude of those around him... I think our guys would keep his ego in check and he could be helpful.

But again, it's not happening. He's old (even though he can still play) and our FO prefers young no name guys.

I would much rather see Roosevelt or Aiken get moved up and get time. Both are young, have time in this system, and have shown signs that they will be able to contribute. I still prefer both of them over Ruvell Martin. Martin could barely catch anything in preseason either.

Pass on T.O. Unlike most, I still have a lot of love for T.O. but where does he fit in this Offense? I see a resurection of Roosevelt, and if need be Aiken, from the P.S. Really all depends on Stevie's groin...if he needs to sit a week, maybe 2. As for Parrish, IF roosevelt does get the call and performs as well as he did in the preseason, we may see Scoe IR'd...again!

LINK. Looks like Scoe is out for a while, welcome back Roosevelt!

Yeah, I was thinking to myself, "if only there was a sure handed receiver, with experience with this team and its system with at least some experience at returning punts that we can sign quickly...hmmmm."

:P

Honestly you guys if Roosevelt is on the field I am not going to be worried at all. Martin...welllllll.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

It's funny that all the same dumb arguments against Owens still come out even though we all watched him play well here and also be a good teammate.

It's funny how some people have selective memory regarding TOs entire career and his tenure in Buffalo. On a team like the Bills, we don't need a guy who complains about getting enough throws his way, takes plays off, and drops a lot of passes at key moments. I'm sure he'd love to come here and run decoy routes and take a back seat to Stevie and Freddie....

• 3 weeks later...