Still not built to beat the Pats

and Jets '10 (Scheme and Taylor, Pace)

LOL - so wait - you're crediting the Jets for signing 50-year-old Jason Taylor waaaaaay past his prime, but when the Bills bring in a 27-year-old Merriman they're taking other people's scraps???

Yeah - you are full of bull-stuff - sorry.

Merriman is fine btw - he's been constantly double-teamed both games, and was held like nuts yesterday - including outrageously on the final play.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The pats don't have the run game of KC or Oakland, and I think our safety group, Wilson, Byrd and Scott are going into pass rush mode. Given our backers, I think we can do the one thing that seems to shake Brady up, a good pass rush.

We have a very balanced offense as well.

Face it, we aren't getting any love until we beat the patsies..and we might as well do it now. Beat the Patriots and suddenly the world we see we are in the mix for the AFC east.

LOL - so wait - you're crediting the Jets for signing 50-year-old Jason Taylor waaaaaay past his prime, but when the Bills bring in a 27-year-old Merriman they're taking other people's scraps???

Yeah - you are full of bull-stuff - sorry.

Merriman is fine btw - he's been constantly double-teamed both games, and was held like nuts yesterday - including outrageously on the final play.

I'm full of BS and you're saying Merriman is fine!!?? You're just making sh*t up that Merriman was constantly double teamed. That is just wrong. Go back and watch him lose contain about 4-5 times that game too. Also, everyone defensive player is held on every play so stop it....and I'm full of BS. :lol:

It must be difficult waking up every morning.

It would be tough if my wife wasn't so hot.

Not sure if you noticed but the boards are filled with ridiculous threads about how after 2 weeks the Bills lead the NFL in rushing, scoring, best record and lot of them are saying I told you so. I've rarely seen, "I told you so" threads from people who are realistic on these boards and you'd be hard pressed to find one that I've started. So your basing this off of nothing?

I can tell you this, I will take no enjoyment in a Bills loss against the Pats. Going into the game I have my thoughts and if you don't at least share in those same thoughts you are a delusional poster (don't worry, you have some company here). But don't go assuming that I started this thread as a set up for next week becasue it's completely baseless asinine.

This is reality: We have been a very bad football team for a very long time for a variety of reasons. Rebuilding a bad team into a "long term" competitive playoff team takes a little time (and luck...and other factors). I like what I have seen from Buddy Nix and Chan Gaily. They have drastically improved this team already (in more ways than just personnel decisions). They are at least fun to watch again, so, if some fans on this site want to enjoy what they have witnessed the first two weeks and post "ridiculous" threads about our stats at the moment - let them enjoy. We all know the Patriots are still a better team and the odds are they will probably win on Sunday. However, we are an improving team and they are not unbeatable, so, it certainly is possible we could win on Sunday.

And if by some chance we do win the game on Sunday, I hope you take a day or two to enjoy it before you start thinking about how we are not built to beat the Jets...or the Steelers...or the Ravens...or the...

No one is built to beat the Pats? Really? Anyone notice that the Pats haven't won a title in 7 years? Who's beaten them in the playoffs? Colts '06(Freeney/Mathis), Giants '07 (Tuck, Osi, MK), '09 Ravens (Suggs and Scheme) and Jets '10 (Scheme and Taylor, Pace)

I'm not sure what some are missing here. They are in our division. They've owned us. So going after players and using schemes that beat the Pats seems more than reasonable. The Bills don't have either. My post said that we still aren't built to beat them. Where am I wrong? Reality? Sorry.

I'm hoping they do. But I bet you won't be on here to eat your Bullsh*t after they don't.

Love your optimism. Ill be back and say im wrong if im wrong

It would be tough if my wife wasn't so hot.

How much was her air pump?

Your Avatar says everything i need to know about you

How much was her air pump?

Your Avatar says everything i need to know about you

Super witty and original response.

Do you realize that you came into a thread that I started and told me that I'm wrong? My avatar applies to you and that is exactly why I have it. But after your witty comment about a blow up doll, I would expect irony to go way over your head.

This is reality: We have been a very bad football team for a very long time for a variety of reasons. Rebuilding a bad team into a "long term" competitive playoff team takes a little time (and luck...and other factors). I like what I have seen from Buddy Nix and Chan Gaily. They have drastically improved this team already (in more ways than just personnel decisions). They are at least fun to watch again, so, if some fans on this site want to enjoy what they have witnessed the first two weeks and post "ridiculous" threads about our stats at the moment - let them enjoy. We all know the Patriots are still a better team and the odds are they will probably win on Sunday. However, we are an improving team and they are not unbeatable, so, it certainly is possible we could win on Sunday.

And if by some chance we do win the game on Sunday, I hope you take a day or two to enjoy it before you start thinking about how we are not built to beat the Jets...or the Steelers...or the Ravens...or the...

Couldn't agree more. Enjoy the wins. There have been far too few of them in recent years. We'll see what happens on Sunday. The Pats are obviously very good as usual, but the difference is that we are capable of beating them this time. Will we? Who knows. But at least we know that if we play well, we have the talent and coaching staff to put up a fight.

The problem is no one is stepping up on the outside. If it didn't say Merriman on the back of his jersey, you'd think it was Aaron Maybin out there! He was getting mulled today and lost contain at least 5 times that I counted.

You are 100% full of it. Nice trolling though.

Merriman was doubled on numerous pass plays (better?) - as he was against KC - and the Bills rarely sent more than 4 and often just 3. When I get a chance I'll go through the shortcuts and see if I can give a count.

I'm not aware of Maybin drawing two blockers - EVER. Of course, he was never on the field much, so who knows! :rolleyes:

Did you not see Merriman getting double-team held and tackled (for no penalty - God knows why) on the final play Hail Mary??? At that they only got him to the ground a yard away from Campbell, which is probably why they held him in desperation.

Just sayin' I expect a completely different gameplan and a different result from Merriman this week.

Super witty and original response.

Do you realize that you came into a thread that I started and told me that I'm wrong? My avatar applies to you and that is exactly why I have it. But after your witty comment about a blow up doll, I would expect irony to go way over your head.

Which I guess is further proof you are just a troll and you intentionally post stupid comments to see who corrects you - because you think it's funny?

(xkcd has far better stuff, btw.)

Edited by BobChalmers

I agree. Who is to say we have not been holding a few things back for NE and NY?

I agree. I believe Chan was trying to stay 'vanilla' for the first few games however being down 20-3 at the half against Oakland, Chan had to show a bit of our hand. The second half Bills Offense was near perfection! ---- This is the type of offense we'll open up with against new England.

A tipped ball or a fourth and one stop for the Bills could be the deciding factor on whether or not we win. ----We played NE close last year in the first game and I believe it was Fitz's first game as a starter. A a last minute Int killed our hopes of winning that game. This time the outcome could be different and we'll be 3-0 come Sunday evening. Just my two cents.

GO BILLS!

What's not to understand? In order to be the best you need to beat the best. The formula for beating the Pats has been established, pressure off of the edge. The Bills aren't showing this at all. No one is stepping up. Pretty straight forward really.

Buddy needs to wake up on draft day and realize that he had Merriman (in his prime) and Phillips coming form the outside in SD and that's what made that D so great. Go out and get somebody and stop trying to "steal" someone at such an important position.

[/quote]

Jeeze, some fans are just hard to please. Buddy drafts Marcell Dareus for run stopping AND pash rush ability. And as I recall, Von Miller (the pass rusher u seek) was picked ahead of marcell SO just who should we have picked? And I don't know but for some reason, and I am going out on a limb here, I get the feeling that if we ended up with Miller you'd be bitching that we can't stop the run and why doesn't buddy spend a high draft pick on a stud run stuffer. Just so many picks man and too many needs. Pieces are being added just not fast enough for you I guess.

And who knows, maybe we are built to beat the pats*. Tune in Sunday at 1.

Something that I've been screaming about on here for years is that the Bills are still showing nothing off of the edge from their pass rushers. I've brought this up more than a few times and I hear things like, "Batten, Coleman, Merriman, Moats, etc." But year after year they do nothing.

You need a strong pass rush off the edge to beat Brady and other than a play or two by Kelsay, the Bills have shown nothing from that position. When the Bills played him tough in the past, Schobel went off. Hopefully Buddy finally gets the point after Brady sits in the pocket and dissects our secondary next week and makes this position a priority before the 5th round.

Not being a downer, I'm staying consistent. I'm obviously happy that the Bills are at least fun to watch again and resemble a football. But until Merriman or Buddy (on draft day) wake up, I don't see things changing vs the Pats. I guess 14-2 isn't so bad though.

Haven't read all the replies but no I disagree about what beats the Pats. What is needed is a strong middle rush. Brady Laughs at the edge rush. Push up the middle is the only thing that consistently gives him fits.

What's not to understand? The formula for beating the Pats has been established, pressure off of the edge.

Actually it pressure up the middle the bothers Brady, that is what the Jets have done with success, it's been discussed on virtually every pregame and post game show.

Not sure if you noticed but the boards are filled with ridiculous threads about how after 2 weeks the Bills lead the NFL in rushing, scoring, best record and lot of them are saying I told you so. I've rarely seen, "I told you so" threads from people who are realistic on these boards and you'd be hard pressed to find one that I've started. So your basing this off of nothing?

I can tell you this, I will take no enjoyment in a Bills loss against the Pats. Going into the game I have my thoughts and if you don't at least share in those same thoughts you are a delusional poster (don't worry, you have some company here). But don't go assuming that I started this thread as a set up for next week becasue it's completely baseless asinine.

And what exactly is wrong with that?? The Bills have come out of the gate much stronger than most anyone not named Senator thought. Why shouldn't fans of the team be feeling good and optimistic? You speak of reality, yet you disregard the reality that the Bills ARE undefeated and leading the league in scoring and rushing after week 2. I don't think anyone is suggesting that we'll lead the lead the league in these stats at the end of the season; but for now, after 2weeks of NFL play, that is the reality. And myself and many other fans are quite happy about it.

I know the Bills have been bad for a decade. I know the front office has had far more failures than successes. But, for now, for this week, we just played a great game. We appear to be heading in the right direction. We appear to be an actual professional NFL team. We are leading in some statistical categories. If you can't enjoy it for a week; may I suggest you pop some zoloft and relax for a week, because many of us will enjoy it. And for at least a few days, we'll not revel in the misery of the last decade.

Next Sunday will be a shootout. I'm not scared of the Pats D one bit. Brady and the offense I'm plenty scared of. We have to control the ball to have a shot.

PTR

I don't know shot from shinol, but I haven't heard anyone talk about belicheck in terms of their defense...true they don't have the best talent on D, but BB knows his shot and he knows Buffalo...I'll remain cautiously optimistic about beating the Pats, but until I see it happen, I'll have a hard time writing off their D.