Still not built to beat the Pats

No one is built to beat the Pats? Really? Anyone notice that the Pats haven't won a title in 7 years? Who's beaten them in the playoffs? Colts '06(Freeney/Mathis), Giants '07 (Tuck, Osi, MK), '09 Ravens (Suggs and Scheme) and Jets '10 (Scheme and Taylor, Pace)

I'm not sure what some are missing here. They are in our division. They've owned us. So going after players and using schemes that beat the Pats seems more than reasonable. The Bills don't have either. My post said that we still aren't built to beat them. Where am I wrong? Reality? Sorry.

Im sorry this is bull ****.

You know how you win games? You play your game and make the other team play your game. The Ralph is going to be soooooooooo loud next week and the team BELIEVES they should win and will win. Beleive it. The Bills will win next week

I'm hoping they do. But I bet you won't be on here to eat your Bullsh*t after they don't.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the Bills have a shot, but the D will have to have been holding something back thus far if they have anything for the Pats. The D we have seen so far will get railroaded next week. Because of all this, the slow start by the O today will be unacceptable next week. If Henne went for 400+ Fitz should be able to find some open guys all day. Until they prove otherwise, I will be happy with a good loss. If we manage to win, I will party like it's 1992.

I am Pumped though, should be a good game.

Something that I've been screaming about on here for years is that the Bills are still showing nothing off of the edge from their pass rushers. I've brought this up more than a few times and I hear things like, "Batten, Coleman, Merriman, Moats, etc." But year after year they do nothing.

You need a strong pass rush off the edge to beat Brady and other than a play or two by Kelsay, the Bills have shown nothing from that position. When the Bills played him tough in the past, Schobel went off. Hopefully Buddy finally gets the point after Brady sits in the pocket and dissects our secondary next week and makes this position a priority before the 5th round.

Not being a downer, I'm staying consistent. I'm obviously happy that the Bills are at least fun to watch again and resemble a football. But until Merriman or Buddy (on draft day) wake up, I don't see things changing vs the Pats. I guess 14-2 isn't so bad though.

Actually an inside rush is better against Brady - especially with their interior O-Line messed up.

More importantly, they've held back the edge rush because they've just played the top two RUNNING teams from last year.

I expect a very different look and a lot more noise from Merriman next Sunday.

Edited by BobChalmers

Bills have to put up a big number against the Pats* D and in my opinion Merriman is the key on D. I think that if Merriman can show up big time and put pressure on Brady (A few hurries and a sack or two) the D has a chance to contain Brady if they can collapse the pocket AND Merriman shows up.

The secondary I think can be decent but to beat Brady you need pressure.

Something that I've been screaming about on here for years is that the Bills are still showing nothing off of the edge from their pass rushers. I've brought this up more than a few times and I hear things like, "Batten, Coleman, Merriman, Moats, etc." But year after year they do nothing.

You need a strong pass rush off the edge to beat Brady and other than a play or two by Kelsay, the Bills have shown nothing from that position. When the Bills played him tough in the past, Schobel went off. Hopefully Buddy finally gets the point after Brady sits in the pocket and dissects our secondary next week and makes this position a priority before the 5th round.

Not being a downer, I'm staying consistent. I'm obviously happy that the Bills are at least fun to watch again and resemble a football. But until Merriman or Buddy (on draft day) wake up, I don't see things changing vs the Pats. I guess 14-2 isn't so bad though.

Is any team in the NFL "built" to beat the pats? Tom Brady needs to be pressured and beaten up (as he was in the superbowl against the Giants) for us to have a chance.

Bills have to put up a big number against the Pats* D and in my opinion Merriman is the key on D. I think that if Merriman can show up big time and put pressure on Brady (A few hurries and a sack or two) the D has a chance to contain Brady if they can collapse the pocket AND Merriman shows up.

The secondary I think can be decent but to beat Brady you need pressure.

The problem is no one is stepping up on the outside. If it didn't say Merriman on the back of his jersey, you'd think it was Aaron Maybin out there! He was getting mulled today and lost contain at least 5 times that I counted.

The description part of your thread title is a flat out lie.

The problem is no one is stepping up on the outside. If it didn't say Merriman on the back of his jersey, you'd think it was Aaron Maybin out there! He was getting mulled today and lost contain at least 5 times that I counted.

Merriman will be unleashed on Brady next week.....

Actually an inside rush is better against Brady - especially with their interior O-Line messed up.

More importantly, they've held back the edge rush because they've just played the top two RUNNING teams from last year.

I expect a very different look and a lot more noise from Merriman next Sunday.

I was just going to say this. Teams have beaten Brady by getting in his face up the middle. Coming off the edge is not going to get you there in time.

Im sorry this is bull ****.

You know how you win games? You play your game and make the other team play your game. The Ralph is going to be soooooooooo loud next week and the team BELIEVES they should win and will win. Beleive it. The Bills will win next week

I think your wrong but love the positive attitude. One thing seems clear to me, this team is not the same as last year. Fitz looks so confident. All our receivers seem capable enough

we almost beat the pats* twice in recent years with teams worse than this one. We might not be the favorites going in, but we certainly have a decent enough shot.

nice thing about this is you dont need to sack tommy.just pressure him and knock him around a little and he will start getting happy feet. (hopefully) :bag: