The REVIEW

Just think we would have another great saying as Buffalo Fans if that review at the end of the game reviewed the call of interception game over. When I saw that review was taking place from Directv feed I almost died oh no here we go again.

I think you are trying to say if they overturned the interception by the review?

Yes, in that case there would be one more chapter of pain to the Bills book of pain.

The kid should have knocked the ball down with a hard spike straight down to the turf.

I looked at the replay several times and he did have the ball first and for the entire time of the play.

Had the Raider WR touched the ball at the same time as our DB touched it, it could have potentially been ruled a simultaneous catch and that would have been a TD.

We made the play and got the call. Time to be happy. Wannstedt needs to have a talk with the young DB on Monday.

Edited by Bob in STL

My feed was cut off before that... Guess I've got to write another nasty e-mail to Neulion...

The entire broadcast was cut off. Even in Buffalo, CBS went to the San Diego game.

It was the right call. (Can't imagine what the parking lots would have looked like if people started finding out that the call was overturned as they got to the lots!)

Edited by Offsides Number 76

CBS did go directly to the other game...but in all fairness, really, that ball was an interception. They showed the replay enough to make it painfully obvious that an INT was indeed what had transpired (which it totally was, from beginning to end. Not even close to debate).

And come on, was CBS going to spend more time on the Bills then they had to? :wallbash:

I think you are trying to say if they overturned the interception by the review?

Yes, in that case there would be one more chapter of pain to the Bills book of pain.

The kid should have knocked the ball down with a hard spike straight down to the turf.

I looked at the replay several times and he did have the ball first and for the entire time of the play.

Had the Raider WR touched the ball at the same time as our DB touched it, it could have potentially been ruled a simultaneous catch and that would have been a TD.

We made the play and got the call. Time to be happy. Wannstedt needs to have a talk with the young DB on Monday.

Easier said than done on the field. Ball was thrown high and there were players beneath him. If he tries to knock it down he could deflect it up or if he does get it down it could bounce off a helmet or pad and be airborne for a jump ball. Worst case he knocks it right into the WR's hands. The rookie at fault was the Oakland wr for not fighting searcy more for the ball until a pile was pulled apart to give refs some doubt whether in fact it may have been simultaneous possession.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

CBS did go directly to the other game...but in all fairness, really, that ball was an interception. They showed the replay enough to make it painfully obvious that an INT was indeed what had transpired (which it totally was, from beginning to end. Not even close to debate).

And come on, was CBS going to spend more time on the Bills then they had to? :wallbash:

Odd, I kept the DTV feed and was able to see many replays and finally the players leaving the field.

And I know you're not petty enough to take your last line seriously. The entire second half the announcers were welcoming viewers from other games...to the Bills game.

When the Raiders-Bills game ended with a Hail Mary pass that was intercepted by Bills defensive back Da’Norris Searcy, the CBS coverage ended, the players left the field, and the game was over.

Or was it?

Unknown to the fans at home, the replay booth called for a review.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/18/hail-mary-to-end-raiders-bills-was-reviewed/

Actually, yaytaco's comment says that the play was NOT reviewed. But in any case, Searcy alone ended-up with the ball, so it was an INT and game over. They could have reviewed it/til the cows came home, and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Actually, yaytaco's comment says that the play was NOT reviewed. But in any case, Searcy alone ended-up with the ball, so it was an INT and game over. They could have reviewed it/til the cows came home, and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

If that had been the Patriots the call would have been ruled at TD in their favor. "Just give it to them"

This would have been the all time worst "Buffalo loss" ever. I'm still confused as to what actually happened.

In theory, eventhough Searcy clearly caught the ball, if he had come down and a Raiders player came down with him with his hands on the ball, it'd be called a "simultaneous catch" and be rewarded to the offensive player. That was a very close call, Searcy is lucky he turned his body away quickly, all it'd take is one hand wrapped around a ball and a ref that wasn't sold on Searcy's full possession.

Really, we got very lucky on that play.

In theory, eventhough Searcy clearly caught the ball, if he had come down and a Raiders player came down with him with his hands on the ball, it'd be called a "simultaneous catch" and be rewarded to the offensive player. That was a very close call, Searcy is lucky he turned his body away quickly, all it'd take is one hand wrapped around a ball and a ref that wasn't sold on Searcy's full possession.

Really, we got very lucky on that play.

A Bills DB also gave Searcy a push helping him twist away from the Raider. :thumbsup:

No matter...we got us a good win.

Thats actually not true Doc. All the Raider WR had to do was put his hands on the ball along with Searcy inside the endzone before he took a knee and it is a Raider TD. It was reviewed for 9 minutes to make sure that never happened. Searcy made a huge mistake and he is lucky it did not cost the Bills the game!

A Bills DB also gave Searcy a push helping him twist away from the Raider. :thumbsup:

No matter...we got us a good win.

Indeed. As much as I'm not usually a fan of going for the INT on hail marys there were a couple very smart, "small" moves in that play that put it away. :thumbsup:

Heard the ref's take on it from his press conference (didn't know they had press conferences too...) Carey said he was in his locker room when he was buzzed to look at the replay. Went back to the field and went under the hood and found the replay system not even on, had to wait for them to cue up the play ... And then discovered that the buzz from upstairs was a malfunction, there was really no call to review it.

Tommy Kelly is whining that if it was the Pats*, Bears. or whoever that the refs would've overturned it. But because it was the lowly Raiders, that isn't going to happen. Whatever guy. You ran your mouth during the week about how "we're not the Chiefs", but you still end up with 1 in the loss column. We needed something to go our way for once and it helps that Searcy actually did have the ball. No story here except a BIG "W" for our Bills!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o