"Experts" are frauds

Yeah Roger that mike

I can't watch espn, or any of the pregame shows I just yell at everybody through the tv.

I also have to turn the volume down for most play by play guys who are clueless.

Collinsworth was awesome this week, after every touchdown, he had a spotlight on the olineman that made the crucial block. He didn't know all the rules which upsets me because he is making millions and could do a little more research, but all in all he did good....

So the "experts" spend a week saying that KC will "crush" the Bills.

The Bills stomp the Chiefs and now we get "KC isn't really that good and has a bad OL"

Nobody likes to look foolish and most in the media can't stand to be wrong so they put a good spin on whatever has them on the hot seat.

To be fair, while it is true that most of the prognosticators picked the Chiefs (Warren Sapp, Jamie Dukes & Bill Cowher are the only I know to pick the Bills), I didn't really see/hear anybody predict that KC would "crush" the Bills...just beat them.

To be fair, while it is true that most of the prognosticators picked the Chiefs (Warren Sapp, Jamie Dukes & Bill Cowher are the only I know to pick the Bills), I didn't really see/hear anybody predict that KC would "crush" the Bills...just beat them.

They were the safe pick. They beat us last year, and had several more wins. Until the dysfunction spills into the field, they are a favorite. The fact that a 4 win team was just shy of even money with a "playoff" team speaks volumes to what people really thought of the chiefs,

I referred to it as somewhere between 60-40 and a straight coin flip going in. For me that meant that KC should win but that frankly they looked like a mess going in and they proved to be that mess.

Yah the media are frauds, Vegas is a fraud, and 90% of the US population is a fraud for picking KC to win last week.

LOL, it is called an upset. Quit it with the righteous indignation - everyone thinks the Bills stink not because of some great conspiracy to hurt your feelings, but because they have been among the literal worst teams for an entire decade.

Hopefully that is changing, but posts like this come off very petty and weak.

The Bills stomp the Chiefs and now we get "KC isn't really that good and has a bad OL"

gonna be awhile before the media believes in the bills. one game is really nothing. play decent and beat the raiders and things will start to change. get beat up by the Raiders and everyone says I told you so. Bills have a long hill to climb here. most of the media forgot there was even a franchise in buffalo for the past 5 or 6 years...

Collinsworth had them on Inside the NFL.

Sapp called the game both ways on two different networks!

Cowher's a big Gailey fan - which also means he is probably annoyed with the Chiefs for firing Chan - he's going to lean our way and did so a fair amount last season too.

Good point--where are the "Chiefs will crush the Bills" predictions?

This thread joins about 5 or 6 others since Sunday moaning about how the media blew it. What is the point of this thread?

Yah the media are frauds, Vegas is a fraud, and 90% of the US population is a fraud for picking KC to win last week.

LOL, it is called an upset. Quit it with the righteous indignation - everyone thinks the Bills stink not because of some great conspiracy to hurt your feelings, but because they have been among the literal worst teams for an entire decade.

Hopefully that is changing, but posts like this come off very petty and weak.

It wasn't an upset. the media, Vegas, and 90% of the US population was wrong. Because they did little more than go off of what happened last year, which is still pretty dumb since the Bills barely lost to the Chefs and were a missed FG away from beating them then.

I can understand the national "experts" not paying much attention to the Bills and thus not comprehending that the Bills could be a good team. What I don't get are the idiot media people of Buffalo and some of the fans as well. Going off of what I saw this weekend, the Bills will have a real shot at this division. Of course that's just based on the first weekend, so it can all go to you-know-what if they lose to the Raiders. That being said, off of what I saw, they have a real shot at the division.

I just hope that this team keeps making these local people look like simpletons who have no concept of what a good football team even looks like...LOL

Peter King does detract, but he's not as bad as the haters like Clayton.

WOW -

The Fine Fifteen

9. Buffalo (1-0). As Bill Parcells says, "I go by what I see.'' And the Bills handled Kansas City, on the road, in all phases.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/index.html#ixzz1Xpq5UlZF

Nobody likes to look foolish and most in the media can't stand to be wrong so they put a good spin on whatever has them on the hot seat.

This. Really until the Bills beat an obviously good team that the media has been fawning over like the Jets or NE*, the Bills will only get moderate credit for their wins.

Not that it's worth much, but I believe the Bleacher Report preditced 42-7 Chiefs if Cassel played. I would find a link, but that would require me to go to Bleacher Report.

After we beat the raiders, you're going to hear about how bad jason campbell is, how the raiders receivers are weak, how Hue Jackson is inexperienced....

We're going to need to beat the Patriots before we get any respect.

Also, if the KC game was close, we would probably be getting more props. Ironic, huh?