Hairston to play some LT vs Lions

Peace Frog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does more than 1 person really need to bring up the whole "HE DIDN'T SAY HE WOULD START" argument more than once? I think he probably gets it guys. Holy jesus. He most likely didn't mean it to sound like that he would start with the ones but instead start a different position.

Apparently you are assuming that people read through a topic before responding. Nothing could be further from the truth.

YO...OP~put yer reading glasses on, where did you get this starting stuff that isn't even in your thread title any longer?

I think Bell takes too much heat. I wish the bills had a better starting LT as well, but it seems like a lot of the attacks on him are excessive. He is one of the better 7th round picks pick the bills have made. 7th round picks are usually cut, this guy has started 27 games. If they can find a better option on the current roster, great. If they drafted a tackle next year, fine. I'm just getting sick on the personal attacks on guys who work hard, are paid near the league minimum, and should have low expectations.

I think Bell takes too much heat. I wish the bills had a better starting LT as well, but it seems like a lot of the attacks on him are excessive. He is one of the better 7th round picks pick the bills have made. 7th round picks are usually cut, this guy has started 27 games. If they can find a better option on the current roster, great. If they drafted a tackle next year, fine. I'm just getting sick on the personal attacks on guys who work hard, are paid near the league minimum, and should have low expectations.

Agree with all of this but problem is he's left freaking tackle. 1 of the 2 most important positions on the line. It's not his fault it's the team's for not finding a better alternative.

I bet ole Chan wishes he could have gotten Hairston into more games this pre season......

Its a touchy thing with Chris Hairston....he has played a ton but when they put him in I bet he graded out extremely well.......

Wang is gonna get cut

This would be Nix/Chan's first drafted player to be cut, i think? They would have to admit a mistake. Wang may still find his way as a back up tackle. He did'nt do as bad as any other lineman in the 1st preseason game. He was'nt moving guys off the line, but was'nt getting beaten any worse than i've seen Bell beaten sometimes. Bell is good when healthy and i think if the line as whole plays together longer they will get better.

Bell as a 7th rounder has turned out better then most our 1st rounders over the last decade.

Just saying it shows how terrible the bills r @ drafting.

I have high hopes for Bell, but after this year if he doesn't show some sign of progression we need to invest in a LT. Draft or free agency, it will need to be looked at!

Well he hasn't been playing it much in Gailey's system so there is that benefit.

True, he's been used mostly at RT. But he's probably more comfortable on the left side given that's where he played in college. The real question is, does he have the talent to play LT in the NFL? I guess we'll find out.

I bet ole Chan wishes he could have gotten Hairston into more games this pre season......

Its a touchy thing with Chris Hairston....he has played a ton but when they put him in I bet he graded out extremely well.......

Wang is gonna get cut

How long til someone starts the "Bills cut their Wang" thread? Or; "Bill's Wang down after ejection"?

Bell as a 7th rounder has turned out better then most our 1st rounders over the last decade.

Just saying it shows how terrible the bills r @ drafting.

I have high hopes for Bell, but after this year if he doesn't show some sign of progression we need to invest in a LT. Draft or free agency, it will need to be looked at!

That's because Modrak had no input into the process until the 7th round and later. :devil:

To the OP: where does it say he is starting?!? ;)

I challenge you to watch the pre-season game against the Broncos. What I saw there was the definition of god awful...

Granted he's not always that bad, but im just sayin...

I think the play in the game against the Broncos is a little off...firstly the Broncos game planned (to excite their fan base) whereas the bills did not do any game planning.

Secondly, in real live games, the Bills are going to put TE help for Bell. We can forget about the TE being part of the passing attack. It is just not going to happen. The

Question is do we have enough in the LT and TE to open holes or pass protect. I think they will do OK.

Does more than 1 person really need to bring up the whole "HE DIDN'T SAY HE WOULD START" argument more than once? I think he probably gets it guys. Holy jesus. He most likely didn't mean it to sound like that he would start with the ones but instead start a different position.

It wasn't piling on. Those duplicate posts were all made simultaneously, at 3:17 pm. None of us knew than anyone else was posting the same response at the same moment when we hit the "Add Reply" button.