Hairston to play some LT vs Lions

Peace Frog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told ya guys....:)

Anyways....Hairston is gonna still make some mental mistakes along the way with so little time to get ready for the season but two things about him

- He is physically very strong.....he really takes it to whoever is in front of him

- Fundamentally the guy is sound....he uses leverage and his arms very well

- He hits moving targets well and is good on the 2nd level

Honestly...I think Bell better step up his game because I dont think Chan has any intention of moving Pears unless there is an injury there he likes Pears right where he is

I could see Hairston replacing Bell if Bell does not become more consistant....and the line would probably be better for it.....

At the very least we have depth at the OT position.....would like to see the trainers work with Hairson to get rid of his excess fat a bit (there is a lot to him he is a 335 pounder) and develop his lower half of body a bit more....Hairston is a monster.

Told ya guys....:)

Anyways....Hairston is gonna still make some mental mistakes along the way with so little time to get ready for the season but two things about him

- He is physically very strong.....he really takes it to whoever is in front of him

- Fundamentally the guy is sound....he uses leverage and his arms very well

- He hits moving targets well and is good on the 2nd level

Honestly...I think Bell better step up his game because I dont think Chan has any intention of moving Pears unless there is an injury there he likes Pears right where he is

I could see Hairston replacing Bell if Bell does not become more consistant....and the line would probably be better for it.....

At the very least we have depth at the OT position.....would like to see the trainers work with Hairson to get rid of his excess fat a bit (there is a lot to him he is a 335 pounder) and develop his lower half of body a bit more....Hairston is a monster.

I agree wholeheartedly, JfH. This kid is fundamentally sound on either side from what little I can gather from the TV angle. I especially like watching him on running plays; I don't think he's missed an assignment yet. He picks out his block and moves that man out of the play.

Also, I think I've figured out those legs of his. He is half chicken, half tree trunk. From the knees down he's got those toothpicks you pointed out last week. But from the knees up he's got "Ballard" legs and that fat can that all OLmen need.

I'm rooting for the kid.

GO BILLS!!!

I seen him make the one mental mistake on Thursday he simply screwed it up.....but it wasn't from being a physical mismatch......

i like his pass protection because he does it the way it is meant to be done.....he keeps the pocket "clean" he keeps a pocket (on his side anyway the pocket was collapsing immideately on the other side) that keeps a QB clean and not rushed through his progressions.....he reaches out and touches a rusher stopping him in his tracks.....then the rusher goes to his second move and he stones that to.....in the end the rusher is resorted to try and jump and knock a ball down.....when the rusher takes a outside rush....he just uses his large arms.....locks the rusher outside and lets him run himself right out of the play with no hope of a spin move trying to get through on the backside......

Bell should be worried