Hairston to play some LT vs Lions

Peace Frog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think it matters if he starts or not, the idea is to get this kid into the lineup and let him run into a bunch of people and see how well he can shove them around. i remember hearing that this kid is a big mauler but really raw and rough around the edges. well then...lets start polishing and see what we have!

I agree with Art -- it's not about him starting, it's about him playing on the left side vs. the right, which probably says as much about Wang as it does Hairston.

Brett favre could come out of retirement and pressure bell for starting LT. Not sure of this says anything about Hairston

I know D Bell is in the cross-hairs on this board but to be honest he had one bad outing against the former sack leader of the league. I watched Den v Seattle last week and their OL didn't fair well either. Not saying Bell's the optimal LT but he's far from the worst...

Does more than 1 person really need to bring up the whole "HE DIDN'T SAY HE WOULD START" argument more than once? I think he probably gets it guys. Holy jesus. He most likely didn't mean it to sound like that he would start with the ones but instead start a different position.

ive always thought throwing someone in the fire is the best learning experience anyone could have in their career....why not start this kid against one of the NFL's nastiest DL's.

I say good luck to the kid, hope he does really well. Go get'em kid!!

Edited by marauderswr80

We haven't seen enough of Hairston to make a real judgement on the guy, but what I have seen has looked pretty good...The dude is HUGE and strong, if he has any sort of talent to go with that he could be pretty good. I watched him block two different guys, one with each arm, and didn't move at all. The thing you worry about with big guys is can they handle speed...Of course Bell can't handle speed rushers anyway, so what the heck...

I guess they don't want to see Fitz get killed based on a coaching decision. Makes sense, but I would like to see how he does against first teamers

Same here. But not at Fitz' expense. Thigpen, sure.

Do you watch the games? Bell's not great, but he's not God awful either.

Yep.

I bet ole Chan wishes he could have gotten Hairston into more games this pre season......

Its a touchy thing with Chris Hairston....he has played a ton but when they put him in I bet he graded out extremely well.......

Wang is gonna get cut

Hairston was injured for a good portion of camp.