Jasper as ILB??

D521646

If the guy is that incredible of a raw talent, you'd think the best football coaches in the world would be able to fix his technique in a 2 months to some degree...

I generally hope the best for folks but for a guy with an extra 100 lbs and this alleged super athleticism on his side, he seemed to continually get pushed around easily in the past 3 games...

1) I think it takes longer than two months to learn how to play at the NFL level.

2) There are other things going on besides worrying about one player.

My guess is PS but he could get cut. I'd be shocked if he was on the roster of 53.

PTR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next thing you know they'll be wanting to put Carrington at OLB. OH yeah they did do that.

Good lord you guys are always whinning how predicable our play calling is. The QB seeing Jasper could at least make him waste a time out.

I think people were saying they same things to Columbus when he suggested that the world may be round?

1) I think it takes longer than two months to learn how to play at the NFL level.

2) There are other things going on besides worrying about one player.

My guess is PS but he could get cut. I'd be shocked if he was on the roster of 53.

PTR

Just saying it is hard to believe getting pushed 3-7 yards downfield on every play is all technique deficit. At some point raw size and strenght and some basics should at least be able to prevent getting bull dozed play after play...

Why would he need too, exactly?

Tim-

Wow, you clearly don't get it. Any QB in the NFL will see Jasper standing behind the NT and know immediately that he is coming straight up the middle and promptly hot route a WR to where Jasper was. It's simple football knowledge that again, you clearly are deficient in.

Jasper is slow.

I watched him exclusively on NFL Preseason Live during the Jags game and could not believe 1) how slow he was off the snap and 2) how easily he was handled one on one.

My only thought was that the Bills told him to intentionally suck so we could place him on the practice squad without fear of him getting plucked.

:lol:;)

okay..levitre can't play gaurd...move him to center. Apparently Jasper isn't making it on the defensive line...move him to linebacker (why don't we move him to cornerback) We have moved Kelsay from line to linebacker. Why don't we actually get some players who are capable of actually playing the positions for a change?

Who cares? Apparently a lot of people on this board do. It is a foolish move however.

A lot of people on this board "care" without any reason for caring other than to trash someone else's idea while offering none of their own. Do a basic cost-benefit analysis. Potential loss=nothing. Potential gain=huge.

Isn't this the same as, you are driving your car. There is a tree in front of you. Do you: A) Drive into the Tree or B) Drive Around the Tree?

If the play call for the opposing team was a dive, AND they did not have audibles in their playbook AND they had no timeouts AND they never played football before then your theory might work.

Well then, please explain to him why it would be a bad idea to at least try it in the last pre-season game? Your response says nothing (other than you disagree with him for unspecified reasons). If you have "nothing intelligent to say," why bother to post. Your post is dumbing-down the board! :wallbash:

If this holds true, garbage posts like this wouldn't make it out of the gate. First of all, this is the NFL, not pop warner, so even entertaining the idea of such a gimmic is rediculous. Seriously, what would be the point? The OP stated his opinion as to whether or not Jasper even makes the team...what would this accomplish? Secondly, why wouldn't he make the roster? Most teams in a 3-4 are 3 deep at every position on the line. Williams and Troup, to an extent, are exceptions to the rule that the primary objective of a NT, on running and passing downs, is to eat up blockers to free up the LB's to make plays. From what I've seen, Jasper does that, and does it well as he's doubled on pretty much every snap. I would rather Jasper be on the roster than Heard, regardless of skill level, for developmental reasons alone. Be it from the Bills or another NFL team, this will not be the last we hear of Jasper...billieve that! :ph34r:

I've been watching Jasper closely, as I'm pulling for him, but as it stands he doesn't make this team, however; Given his weaknesses thus far I note that he needs a lot of work on his hands, and foot-work. That said, I would like to see Gailey try him out on run blitz, and pass blitz packages as an ILB, standing up 2 or 3 paces back from the Nose Tackle. This way what he lacks in fundamentals can be made up with his strength in weight and size. My "guess" is that if Jasper has a 3 - 4 step run at the line, he gets in, and penetrates more easily, even if they double team him, like they have been doing. I'd like to see that experiment play out for a few snaps just to see if my instincts are correct.

What are your thoughts?

Tim-

My thoughts are you are wasting a lot of people's time with this thread.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

I've been watching Jasper closely, as I'm pulling for him, but as it stands he doesn't make this team, however; Given his weaknesses thus far I note that he needs a lot of work on his hands, and foot-work. That said, I would like to see Gailey try him out on run blitz, and pass blitz packages as an ILB, standing up 2 or 3 paces back from the Nose Tackle. This way what he lacks in fundamentals can be made up with his strength in weight and size. My "guess" is that if Jasper has a 3 - 4 step run at the line, he gets in, and penetrates more easily, even if they double team him, like they have been doing. I'd like to see that experiment play out for a few snaps just to see if my instincts are correct.

What are your thoughts?

Tim-

No, he needs to focus on NT and not waste time at LB, plus teams would see him there and and just run around him, just not going to work and a bad idea. :thumbdown:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Just saying it is hard to believe getting pushed 3-7 yards downfield on every play is all technique deficit. At some point raw size and strenght and some basics should at least be able to prevent getting bull dozed play after play...

He doesn't get pushed downfield on every play. He does get pushed sideways away from the play a lot. And yes that is all technique. The guy can bench 505lbs. He's not some weakling. I don't know how many time I can say this: It takes some players time to adjust to the NFL.

PTR