Scouts Inc rates Luck a 99

deep2evans

I believe that's the highest rating of all time. Definitely the highest QB rating (I believe, without looking it up, that M. Ryan was rated a 97.)

I know there's a strong contingent on here that's all about progress and winning games, but if there is one guy that can turn this franchise around, it's probably him. IMO, winning 5 games does !@#$ing nothing for us.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that's the highest rating of all time. Definitely the highest QB rating (I believe, without looking it up, that M. Ryan was rated a 97.)

I know there's a strong contingent on here that's all about progress and winning games, but if there is one guy that can turn this franchise around, it's probably him. IMO, winning 5 games does !@#$ing nothing for us.

Well, he's about the best college QB I've ever seen. I think he's an incredibly good player.

Not if 'Linemen Shuffle' Gailey has anything to do with it!!! Now I am more nervous than before as to how this plays out.....

Because a coach made some line up changes during a preseason practice?

Have you guys lost touch with reality in your quest to be as miserable as possible???

:wallbash:

Because a coach made some line up changes during a preseason practice?

Have you guys lost touch with reality in your quest to be as miserable as possible???

:wallbash:

Did you not get the MEMO....? BELL is starting at LT vs. Jacksonville, NOT Levitre, and they are splitting time.

I'm sick to death of it... let Levitre try and win the job outright already!!! Why is he still trying to give Bell first string reps???

By the way, some veterans in the Buffalo media are as well, and for good reason.

I know most on here don't like Cowherd, but he mentioned one time they had this QB thing at the ESPN campus. Essentially said that Andrew Luck made all the other QB's look dumb in comparison.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/818458-the-perfect-prospect-why-andrew-luck-is-better-than-peyton-manning

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Did you not get the MEMO....? BELL is starting at LT vs. Jacksonville, NOT Levitre, and they are splitting time.

I'm sick to death of it... let Levitre try and win the job outright already!!! Why is he still trying to give Bell first string reps???

By the way, some veterans in the Buffalo media are as well, and for good reason.

Oh, so since Jerry Sullivan is upset, that makes it a valid criticism... :rolleyes:

Also, I still dont understand your complaint. You think Levitre should be our starting LT?

Oh, so since Jerry Sullivan is upset, that makes it a valid criticism... :rolleyes:

Also, I still dont understand your complaint. You think Levitre should be our starting LT?

Someone has to solidify the LT spot, and Bell just isn't going to cut it. We have to try to find a solid LT, and if he doesn't get a full shot, we won't know. Splitting time doesn't help at all...

Didn't you get the memo? Levitre can't play tackle. He's a god damned tyrannosaurus rex!

post-12113-048990400 1314380379_thumb.jpg

With Buffalo's adeptness at finding UDFA's and trolling the waver wires, combined with their stocked defense, they are in position to trade their entire '12 draft for the first overall pick in '12. Go Bills!

Edited by bmur66

Luck still has eligibility after this season. He doesn't have to report to Buffalo. Just keep that in mind.

PTR

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that's a decision he has to make before declaring for the 2012 draft (which, because of the remaining eligibility, he will have to do if he wants to be drafted in 2012). Once he declares, his NCAA eligibility is over, and whichever team drafts him retains his rights - even if he doesn't sign right away.

IOW, he'll know who has the #1-overall pick before the deadline to declare - he can certainly make an intelligent guess as to whether or not that team needs a QB and will draft him (although he has no control over the team trading the pick to another team), but he can't declare and then decide he rather play another year at Stanford if he doesn't' like the city/team that ends up with his NFL rights. (Of course, he could simply hold out indefinitely in an attempt to force a trade.)

The one thing it seems folks chose to overlook is, what if he and Stanford both suck in 2011? (I still think Landry Jones will be the #1-overall pick, especially after an undefeated Oklahoma wins the BCS championship.)

Luck still has eligibility after this season. He doesn't have to report to Buffalo. Just keep that in mind.

PTR

he was a redshirt as a true freshman??

Whoever gets him is instantly legitimate again. I would be shocked if he ends up in Buffalo. He will absolutely pull an Eli Manning. If you are the hottest QB prospect in 15 years, you are willingly going to come to the Buffalo Bills? Be serious.

Whoever gets him is instantly legitimate again. I would be shocked if he ends up in Buffalo. He will absolutely pull an Eli Manning. If you are the hottest QB prospect in 15 years, you are willingly going to come to the Buffalo Bills? Be serious.

Yeah, he might just pull a Jim Kelly...

he was a redshirt as a true freshman??

No, he was not a redshirt as a 'true freshman' - don't know where you got the notion he played as a 'true freshman' but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to over-hyping Luck - he has, after all, as I understand, also single-handedly eradicated world hunger, poverty and disease - and is now rumored to be working that whole 'World Peace' thing as well :rolleyes:

Here ya go...

Stanford - Andrew Luck

Edited by The Senator

If we had the chance to draft Luck it would not shock me if Wilson said go for somebody else because Luck is too expensive

Edited by janick70

If we had the chance to draft Luck it would not shock me if Wilson said go for somebody else because Luck is too expensive

Please make your first post your last post, if this is an indication of whats to come.

I mean, you even edited it, and still refused to acknowledge the new rookie pay scale... :wallbash:

Edited by DrDareustein

Why do you say this? What makes you think he wouldn't come to Buffalo?

By the time he is drafted, Ralph may no longer be the owner. Hell, Ralph may not make it through the weekend. Whatever team is in a position to draft Luck will have major issues - is Cincy a better place to play? Washington? who are the other 9 or 10 teams people think the Bills will be better than? Are any of them better off than Buffalo? The biggest thing this franchise needs is a change in ownership and a commitment to winning. That will happen when we get new ownership.

No, he was not a redshirt as a 'true freshman' - don't know where you got the notion he played as a 'true freshman' but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to over-hyping Luck.

Well, yes, he absolutely was a redshirt as a "true freshman". ;) He didn't play as a true freshman, he sat the year out like most true freshmen. He played as a redshirt freshman. Those who play as "true freshmen" are not redshirted as freshmen.

Get your story straight! ;)

Luck is easily the best pro prospect at QB I have ever seen. He can do everything, and is great already at most of them. Tebow and Newton will probably have better college seasons than Luck, but he has more tools and better talent at the position, all around, than I personally have ever seen. And a whole lot of other people, fans and scouts and analysts see the same thing.

Name one thing he can't do well? And please don't say read NFL defenses yet, because obviously he hasn't had the chance yet. He reads college defenses great.

PTR

Luck's coming out (he's graduating this Spring I believe) and he'll play in the NFL in 2012...Now that does not mean he won't refuse to come Buffalo ( a likely scenerio IMHO)...But he's not going to sit out a year...At least I don't think he will... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Well, yes, he absolutely was a redshirt as a "true freshman". ;) He didn't play as a true freshman, he sat the year out like most true freshmen. He played as a redshirt freshman. Those who play as "true freshmen" are not redshirted as freshmen.

Get your story straight! ;)

Luck is easily the best pro prospect at QB I have ever seen. He can do everything, and is great already at most of them. Tebow and Newton will probably have better college seasons than Luck, but he has more tools and better talent at the position, all around, than I personally have ever seen. And a whole lot of other people, fans and scouts and analysts see the same thing.

Name one thing he can't do well? And please don't say read NFL defenses yet, because obviously he hasn't had the chance yet. He reads college defenses great.

Sorry KTFABD, guess I'm not clear on what folks mean when they interchange the terms - to me, as you stated, you're either a 'true freshman' , i.e., you play football in your freshman year, or you sat out your freshman year and are a 'red-shirt' freshman in your second year. The wording of the question ("He was a red-shirt as a true freshman?") confused me since, by my way of thinking, you can't be both a 'red-shirt' and a 'true freshman'. It would have been clearer to me if the question was, "You mean he was a 'red-shirt' his freshman year?" (Without the 'true-freshman' reference.)

Mea maxima culpa, and apologies to 8and8Forever.

Not for nothing, but what happens if Luck comes out and lays an egg this year?

Wouldn't be the first time the most highly touted preseason player did that.

What if Luck lays an egg and Landry Jones tears it up and becomes the new media darling of the day?

Is Luck the #1 overall regardless of his performance?

GO BILLS!!!

Guys, Luck would love Buffalo. He spent a few years living in Europe as a kid, and has a very multi-national view on life. Only in Buffalo would he be allowed to play home games in two coutries!

PS: You are either a red shirt freshman (only practiced as a frosh) or true freshman (playing in your first year), you cannot be both. You could also be a grey shirt freshman (graduate high school early, start college in January, and go through spring football, then play as a freshman in the fall in what is actaully your second semseter of college).

Andrew Luck can't miss. The guy has it all. Most importantly, he has the intangibles, the stuff you can't coach. He's got confidence, poise, pocket presence, and makes everybody around him better. This is why he'll succeed tremendously in the NFL.

The guy is as close to a sure thing as you can be. He's easily the best prospect in the last 10 years.

I would be thrilled beyond belief if Luck became a Bill. It would be amazing.

Even if we don't wind up drafting first next year, I would trade my entire draft for this guy, much the same way Ditka did for Ricky Williams. I'm over the moon for this guy, lol.

Not for nothing, but what happens if Luck comes out and lays an egg this year?

Wouldn't be the first time the most highly touted preseason player did that.

What if Luck lays an egg and Landry Jones tears it up and becomes the new media darling of the day?

Is Luck the #1 overall regardless of his performance?

GO BILLS!!!

Normally that player is highly touted by Todd McShay or some other idiot. Anyone remeber Andre Woodson lol.

Luck is the real deal. Last year was his second year playing lights out, his freshman year he was legit, just to a lesser degree. i wish the Bills positioned themselfs to get that first pick better during the 2011 draft (by trading back for additional 2012 draft picks)

Normally that player is highly touted by Todd McShay or some other idiot. Anyone remeber Andre Woodson lol.

Luck is the real deal. Last year was his second year playing lights out, his freshman year he was legit, just to a lesser degree. i wish the Bills positioned themselfs to get that first pick better during the 2011 draft (by trading back for additional 2012 draft picks)

I have absolutely no doubt that luck is the best prospect in years. I'm simply asking, "what if."

GO BILLS!!!

Don't worry. They are doing a great job of positioning themselves for that first pick during the 2011 season.

Best of both worlds.

Luck's coming out (he's graduating this Spring I believe) and he'll play in the NFL in 2012...Now that does not mean he won't refuse to come Buffalo ( a likely scenerio IMHO)...But he's not going to sit out a year...At least I don't think he will... B-)

Why? Because you want it to be? Nothing about Andrew Luck in how he acts or what he has said would lead you to think that it's a likely scenario. Self-loathing Bills fans are pathetic.

Don't mean to single you out but come on, man.