Scouts Inc rates Luck a 99

deep2evans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that's the highest rating of all time. Definitely the highest QB rating (I believe, without looking it up, that M. Ryan was rated a 97.)

I know there's a strong contingent on here that's all about progress and winning games, but if there is one guy that can turn this franchise around, it's probably him. IMO, winning 5 games does !@#$ing nothing for us.

IMO, barring injury, Luck is going to be the next "Peyton Manning". This kid processes info better than any college QB I've ever seen. He always seems to make the right decision in the pocket, even under pressure, and delivers an accurate pass. Not to mention how much of a "student of the game" he is. He's not only smart, but has every athletic quality needed to be a franchise QB. Arm Strength? Check. Accuracy? Check. Smart? Check. Hard Worker? Check. Pocket Presence? Check. Ability To Avoid The Rush? Check. Enough Speed To Scramble For Some Yards? Check. He would be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that may be our losing season.

Can you imagine the haul you'd get if you had the #1 in the 2012 draft and wanted to trade it?

in the scenario in which we got the #1 overall pick next year and traded it, i'm very confident in saying that the fans would burn the stadium down.

Luck schmuck. It's not like he's from Missouri or something. He probably couldn't even get into Missouri. He's been fattening himself up on those Big 10 defenses, not playing good teams like in the Big 12.

Edited by Erik Flowers

Luck still has eligibility after this season. He doesn't have to report to Buffalo. Just keep that in mind.

PTR

not a problem.....we'll be picking first in 2012 & 2013.

Can you imagine the haul you'd get if you had the #1 in the 2012 draft and wanted to trade it?

now that there is a rookie salary cap, it's not the financial curse it used to be.....i doubt any franchise would trade out now.

Well I can certainly see where the comparisons to Peyton Manning are inevitable - Luck did, after all, play well in 8 games his freshman season and, save for choking against Oregon last year, shined in one of college football's weaker conferences his sophomore year. That's almost the same as Peyton Manning lighting up the SEC for 4 seasons.

As fate will have it, Luck will likely fall to Harbaugh and the 49ers somewhere in the early-middle of round one.

I honestly believe that there's no possible way that the Bills will finish with the worst record next year. Our only shot at getting him would be if we A. traded up or B. got the 2nd or 3rd overall pick and hope the teams in front of us pass for some odd reason. You all should pay more attention to guys like Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Ryan Tannehill or Ryan Lindley, those are your more realistic options.

I believe that's the highest rating of all time. Definitely the highest QB rating (I believe, without looking it up, that M. Ryan was rated a 97.)

I know there's a strong contingent on here that's all about progress and winning games, but if there is one guy that can turn this franchise around, it's probably him. IMO, winning 5 games does !@#$ing nothing for us.

As much as he would help our franchise, I would not want to go 0-16 this season or any season.

Sorry KTFABD, guess I'm not clear on what folks mean when they interchange the terms - to me, as you stated, you're either a 'true freshman' , i.e., you play football in your freshman year, or you sat out your freshman year and are a 'red-shirt' freshman in your second year. The wording of the question ("He was a red-shirt as a true freshman?") confused me since, by my way of thinking, you can't be both a 'red-shirt' and a 'true freshman'. It would have been clearer to me if the question was, "You mean he was a 'red-shirt' his freshman year?" (Without the 'true-freshman' reference.)

Mea maxima culpa, and apologies to 8and8Forever.

I was just busting your balls. Most of the time, the term "true freshman" is exactly what you explained and used to separate those guys from "redshirt freshmen". But really the term is simply what it says, you're in your true first year. So most players redshirt as true freshmen. :devil:

I still have no idea what yours or anyone's problem is with Andrew Luck. It's not his fault there is so much hype, he certainly doesn't seem to be a publicity hog, just the opposite in fact. And I have yet to see you say anything about any flaw in his game. I have seen him a ton. He's an incredible player, and doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses. Please tell me what you see that isn't high quality in his actual game.

IMO, barring injury, Luck is going to be the next "Peyton Manning". This kid processes info better than any college QB I've ever seen. He always seems to make the right decision in the pocket, even under pressure, and delivers an accurate pass. Not to mention how much of a "student of the game" he is. He's not only smart, but has every athletic quality needed to be a franchise QB. Arm Strength? Check. Accuracy? Check. Smart? Check. Hard Worker? Check. Pocket Presence? Check. Ability To Avoid The Rush? Check. Enough Speed To Scramble For Some Yards? Check. He would be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that may be our losing season.

I watch far more college football than pro and IMHO Luck is the most pro-ready college QB I've ever seen. All of the above plus he has NFL bloodlines (anyone remember QB Oliver Luck from the Houston Oilers in the mid-80's?) and played in Harbaugh's complicated NFL-type system in college. He absolutely decimated a really good Virginia Tech defense with two future NFL corners in the Orange Bowl last year. The only thing that could hurt Luck this year is an injury... that's why I though it strange that he didn't enter the draft last year as a sure-fire Top-5 pick.

I watch far more college football than pro and IMHO Luck is the most pro-ready college QB I've ever seen. All of the above plus he has NFL bloodlines (anyone remember QB Oliver Luck from the Houston Oilers in the mid-80's?) and played in Harbaugh's complicated NFL-type system in college. He absolutely decimated a really good Virginia Tech defense with two future NFL corners in the Orange Bowl last year. The only thing that could hurt Luck this year is an injury... that's why I though it strange that he didn't enter the draft last year as a sure-fire Top-5 pick.

This^.

I don't think there is any doubt in the world that Luck would have been the #1 overall pick ahead of Newton. I was very surprised after Harbaugh's announcement that Luck didn't declare. The funny part is, though, if he entered the draft, the Broncos still likely would have taken Miller, and the Bills would have taken Newton. I've heard from several good sources that if he was available, we would take him, even over Dareus.

This^.

I don't think there is any doubt in the world that Luck would have been the #1 overall pick ahead of Newton. I was very surprised after Harbaugh's announcement that Luck didn't declare. The funny part is, though, if he entered the draft, the Broncos still likely would have taken Miller, and the Bills would have taken Newton. I've heard from several good sources that if he was available, we would take him, even over Dareus.

Was just about to point out how it worked in the Bills favor! :thumbsup:

And it could again in 2012, even if we dont get a chance at Luck, it might mean a QB/OT falls to us that otherwise wouldnt have.

Edited by DrDareustein

1- We won't be drafting 1st overall we are easily a 5-7 win team this season anyway we won't be drafting in the top 5. (Personally have them pegged for 7-9)

2- Lets see how Luck preforms this season the guy is an epic prospect but the longer you stay in the limelight the more people see the warts. Trust me the hype will go down, even thought he will likely go 1st overall its hard to see this best QB prospect ever hype lasting the more game action he sees the more likely a flaw to his game will be exposed.

Well I can certainly see where the comparisons to Peyton Manning are inevitable - Luck did, after all, play well in 8 games his freshman season and, save for choking against Oregon last year, shined in one of college football's weaker conferences his sophomore year. That's almost the same as Peyton Manning lighting up the SEC for 4 seasons.

As fate will have it, Luck will likely fall to Harbaugh and the 49ers somewhere in the early-middle of round one.

You really are silly. Its college football, no team plays a tough opponent every week. Even the SEC has powder puffs.

Its hilarious that you call Lucks performance against Oregon choking (it was far from it actually) then talk out the other side of your mouth about how Mallet (Choke artist #1 last year) was sooooooooooooo great.

Edited by Thoner7

You really are silly. Its college football, no team plays a tough opponent every week. Even the SEC has powder puffs.

Its hilarious that you call Lucks performance against Oregon choking (it was far from it actually) then talk out the other side of your mouth about how Mallet (Choke artist #1 last year) was sooooooooooooo great.

To add to this, I'm pretty sure Luck had about 400 yards of total offense and his team put up 31 points against Oregon last year. To me that certainly isn't "choking."

Didn't you get the memo? Levitre can't play tackle. He's a god damned tyrannosaurus rex!

I dare you to tell Levitre to his face that he has a large, non-prehensile tail.

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that's a decision he has to make before declaring for the 2012 draft (which, because of the remaining eligibility, he will have to do if he wants to be drafted in 2012). Once he declares, his NCAA eligibility is over, and whichever team drafts him retains his rights - even if he doesn't sign right away.

IOW, he'll know who has the #1-overall pick before the deadline to declare - he can certainly make an intelligent guess as to whether or not that team needs a QB and will draft him (although he has no control over the team trading the pick to another team), but he can't declare and then decide he rather play another year at Stanford if he doesn't' like the city/team that ends up with his NFL rights. (Of course, he could simply hold out indefinitely in an attempt to force a trade.)

The one thing it seems folks chose to overlook is, what if he and Stanford both suck in 2011? (I still think Landry Jones will be the #1-overall pick, especially after an undefeated Oklahoma wins the BCS championship.)

Wait, what?

This Andrew Luck topic is invariably where you refer to him dismissively as "Andy."

C'mon Senator… as Chan Gailey said, "you don't have to be great or perfect, you just have to be consistent."

No, he was not a redshirt as a 'true freshman' - don't know where you got the notion he played as a 'true freshman' but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to over-hyping Luck - he has, after all, as I understand, also single-handedly eradicated world hunger, poverty and disease - and is now rumored to be working that whole 'World Peace' thing as well :rolleyes:

Here ya go...

Stanford - Andrew Luck

Does this mean he's almost as good a human being as Tim Tebow?

By the time he is drafted, Ralph may no longer be the owner. Hell, Ralph may not make it through the weekend. That will happen when we get new ownership.

… You've been talking to Jimmy Spagnola haven't you?

Mea maxima culpa, and apologies to 8and8Forever.

I think translated into latin, the bolded means "I like breast implants,"

Not sure what "apologies to 8and8Forever" means.

That doesn't even sound like latin.