Am I the only one who thinks Fred Jackson is being a huge baby?

Do us bills fans really live fitz THAT much? Jackson is only slightly ahead of him? Fitz played 1 ok season. Freds been our best player on O for 4 years. I like fitz, but a "sacred player"? Please.

All off season anytime someone brought up drafting or signing a QB it was always about how it was for the backup spot only, cause Fitz "deserved to start" and that you don't want to upset him by bringing in competition.

As for Fred, he has been the best player on one of the leagues worst offenses the last 4 years, everyone acts like he is the second coming of OJ (the football player)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with Jackson is that he should have tried to deal with this with his coaches before going outside. I assume he did not do that if he did than I owe him an apology.

Nix has done very little right in this organization in terms of adding talent. Darius was a no brainer he was the best on the board. Merriman right now is his big success if Spiller turns out to be average or below it's the first strike on him. Sullivan was right the Spiller promotion was all about trying to make the new regime look good. My feeling is that Nix pushed hard for it and Gailey went along against his better judgement. The management of this team above Gailey is looking worse with every passing day.

Best player in that draft????? I dont think there was one person in the entire world that believed that except maybe his mother. Why do you make things up?

There were several people that had him rated the same way you saw aj green or Peterson rated this year- best player but at a position that doesn't go ahead of the premium positions of qb, LT, Dline

YES!

No he isn't. I agree 100% Total freakin' baby. Fred, stop crying like a little B word and just produce when the ball is handed to you. The rest will take care of itself. Geesh.

Edited by BuffaloBob

You're 30, a solid but not great running back and you're playing for a ****ty, young team who is looking to rebuild.

Of course your playing time is going to diminish, especially when you're sharing a spot with a first round pick. If Spiller continues to stink, you'll see 90% of the carries, just do your thing and collect your paycheck.

Read Sullivan this morning and then read the comment by Chris Krueger below the article. Absolutely destroys Sullivan and he's 100% right. What does Fred Jackson think? That he's gonna go to another team and get 300 carries? Every team in the league uses a platoon system. Of course he's gonna end up with more carries than Spiller this year. They're going to try to win, which means they're gonna give carries to the back that is producing. But of course Spiller needs the touches in the preseason. I have the organization's back 100% on this one. Just as long as they don't trade him.

No, would Jim Kelly not rant if he wasn't starting every pre-season game? They need d to quit srewing around and make him the starter with CJ backing up.

There were several people that had him rated the same way you saw aj green or Peterson rated this year- best player but at a position that doesn't go ahead of the premium positions of qb, LT, Dline

I looked up every major sports reporting draft projection for the 2010 class not one had him going as high as we took him and not one mentioned him as the best player in the draft. Each and everyone said Suh was the best player.

What Fred SHOULD HAVE said, when asked about the Tim Graham article, is "I can only control what I do on the field. I'll keep working hard and playing hard and be the best back I can be, and what the coaches decide is not up to me."

very well said. Again, going to the media (or using them by not giving a 'team' answer as above) is rarely, if ever, productive.

Suck it up...tell your coach to his face that you think his decision is a bunch of crap (and feel free to call him a jerk for not telling you (if you feel so compelled); and that you are going to make it impossible for him to ever make you second string. Or...heaven forbid...the coach is right and you get outplayed. Either way...man up.

And yes...I think Fred has been admirable through his career.

Fred Jackson has every right to say something. He hasn't been treated like the top back in the past few years and he had outperformed all his competition. On top of that he isn't get paid nearly what he should be for being the Bills most consistent offensive player over the last 2 or 3 years by a large margin. Fred blocks, catches and runs well. The Bills went with Lynch over him and now they are trying to push Spiller over him. The bottom line is the Bills drafted Spiller to be the #1 but he can't hold Jackson's jock strap. They are giving Spiller every chance to claim the #1 but it's obvious he is not better than Freddy. I wish they would just use Spiller to spell Jackson from time to time but you know that isn't going to happen unfortunately.

YES!

You seriously don't think so? Because he is. He's crying to the media because Spiller was ahead of him for ONE LOUSY PLAYOFF GAME!

Get over it Jackson you're a friggen baby. C.J. is way more talented. Once C.J. learns the game he will blow you out of the water.

I think Jackson is 30 years old. He's played football most of his life, a lot of you guys on these boards think he has 3/4 years left I don't. I am thinking 3 at MAX.

He does everything well but nothing great. I think C.J. needs to get more touches so he can learn this game so us Bills fans can finally see him DOMINATE.

Jackson is a perfect compliment to C.J. not the other way around.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Read Sullivan this morning and then read the comment by Chris Krueger below the article. Absolutely destroys Sullivan and he's 100% right. What does Fred Jackson think? That he's gonna go to another team and get 300 carries? Every team in the league uses a platoon system. Of course he's gonna end up with more carries than Spiller this year. They're going to try to win, which means they're gonna give carries to the back that is producing. But of course Spiller needs the touches in the preseason. I have the organization's back 100% on this one. Just as long as they don't trade him.

Yes and No...one, he should have realized a #9 draft pick making big money is going to need touches. So, to get upset that he is getting touches over him seems a bit silly since it is preseason. So, in that aspect, he should just calm down a little bit and let it play out as his play will speak for itself.

On the other hand, I don't blame him for being frustrated as he has done nothing but produce yet the FO never seems to just give him the backing he has earned. First, Lynch was brought in as a first round pick despite the staff raving about this unknown guy Jackson on our roster all off season that year. Then FJ pretty much kept proving he was the better back of the two the longer they were both here. Then with both of them on the roster, we use the #9 pick on another RB further crowding the roster.

So far, FJ has proven to be better than Lynch and thus far has been better than Spiller, but both Lynch and Spiller have gotten way more money than FJ ever did or will. So, to be a player of his caliber and keep seeing a team draft first round RB's and pay them a bounty compared to what he gets despite outperforming them would get frustrating.

Im not going to say huge baby, but the way he went about it was immature. Don't go to the media. GO to Gailey and Nix and ask them, adn talk to them in private.

IMO, Freddie is what he is. A 30 year old good running back. He will not be around when the Bills actually have a shot at making the playoffs (See Lee Evans) So Spiller needs to get touches to see if he can be a dominate player in this league.

I like Freedie I think he is good for this team, but he is paid like the 40th best back in the league for a reason. He signed the contract and was not happy about it when he did. He has no one to blame but himself.

Very well said. I agree 100%.

The thing that sticks out for me is that this is just another glaring example of the disfunction at 1 Bills Dr

Yes and No...one, he should have realized a #9 draft pick making big money is going to need touches.

I'm trying to imagine the Patriots using that "We picked him high, we have to play him" logic. I just can't.

Probably why they're not losers.

I'm trying to imagine the Patriots using that "We picked him high, we have to play him" logic. I just can't.

Probably why they're not losers.

They also tend not to pick as high. It's easier to let a guy making late first round dollars sit. not saying it's right or wrong, just noting CJs signing bonus was probably 80% of their picks total dollars.

And last, I know it's a new regime and all but I'd reference maybin for the fact that they aren't just haphazardly putting guys in by paycheck. Perhaps they actually see something in spiller worth giving playing time to? This, even in it's most scandalous iterations, isn't benching Jackson. The two will be splitting reps. Every team splits RB reps. By starting cj in preseason he gets to see his against #1s which is much more important than seeing Jackson against them.

Mike I dont think I can agree with you on this one.....

That the bills have an opportunity to do here is show the bills players that we do in fact take care of our own despite having traded away Lee Evans......who was also respected in the locker room......

This Fred Jackson has ever done is produce......yes he comes from nothing but that makes his story even better..he has basically outplayed 2 first round draft picks yet every year he is competing for his job and isn't being compensated correctly.

Just extend him a couple of years and give him a raise.....shut the Drayton Florence tweeters up and show we take care of our players.

First off let me preface this by saying i love Fred Jackson, and I believe he's the best offensive pkayer the Bills have had since Eric Molds. He's not just an adequate starter but, a highly productive and consistent back running behind a putrid run blocking Oline on a team that rarely has a lead and throws way more often than it rushes. It's very uncharacteristic of FJ to gripe to the media. He's always had to prove himself and beat out other more highly touted players his whole career. Why get angry now; about the preseason no less? I know I'm only speculating but I bet Fred doesn't really want to play for the Bils anymore and maybe he's trying to get traded too. I have no proof. I don't know someone who knows someone deep within OBD, but it makes more sense than Fred Jackson has suddenly decided to become a crybaby.