New grass field

Call me overly negative if you must, but does anyone see anything wrong with Chris Brown's press release about the new grass surface? As if waiting years to fix, and fund, your screwed up grass field is something to boast about? My god this franchise has problems...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-take-to-expanded-practice-field/f0948485-91a9-492c-899c-f6209a3106c1

Call me overly negative if you must, but does anyone see anything wrong with Chris Brown's press release about the new grass surface? As if waiting years to fix, and fund, your screwed up grass field is something to boast about? My god this franchise has problems...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-take-to-expanded-practice-field/f0948485-91a9-492c-899c-f6209a3106c1

Must you take a negative approach to something positive? The Bills fanbase is really in need of therapy in general over many things but at least applaud that he did something here. The large market and free spending Washington Redskins still don't have an indoor practice facility. They would kill to have something like our field house. Not every team is a quantum leap over Buffalo in terms of facilities, etc...

Seriously, Bills fans are becoming the biggest, whinest, cry babies of the league.

You are complaining now that they took to long to put in a new turf?

Everyone here were kicking and screaming about Maybin still being on the team this year, they release him and its more kicking and screaming about how they couldn't have traded him cause he was a 1st rounder, they took to long to do it, he never should have been the pick, or that they gave up on him too quickly cause he got a sack and forced fumble for the jets in garbage time of a pre-season game.

People wanted to see Evans/lynch/McGahee traded because they felt Stevie Johnson/Fred jackson/Marshawn lynch played better and theyweren't needed, then when traded its all complaints cause they didn't get enough for them.

The defence was horrible last year and the kicking and screaming was about how the offence was good enough to win games but the defence was horrible, so they use the draft almost all on the defence and everyone complains that they didn't use picks on the o-line too.

The bills run a 4-3 or Tampa 2 defence and its all complaints about how all the good teams run 3-4s, they switch to a 3-4 and everyone expects instant success with it.

Poz and Whitner are viewed as bust or not good enough, the positions need upgrading, they become FA's and sign elsewhere and its all about how they were valuable to the defence and should have been kept (well not so much about whitner)

Whitner tweets that he guarantees the Bills to make the playoffs (something most people would look at as optimisum and a good thing) and people want to run him out of town. Stevie tweets about how he wonders why God would make him drop a game winning TD pass and everyone rallies around him.

Seriously, Bills fans are becoming the biggest, whinest, cry babies of the league.

Everyone here were kicking and screaming about Maybin still being on the team this year, they release him and its more kicking and screaming about how they couldn't have traded him cause he was a 1st rounder, they took to long to do it, he never should have been the pick, or that they gave up on him too quickly cause he got a sack and forced fumble for the jets in garbage time of a pre-season game.

People wanted to see Evans/lynch/McGahee traded because they felt Stevie Johnson/Fred jackson/Marshawn lynch played better and theyweren't needed, then when traded its all complaints cause they didn't get enough for them.

The defence was horrible last year and the kicking and screaming was about how the offence was good enough to win games but the defence was horrible, so they use the draft almost all on the defence and everyone complains that they didn't use picks on the o-line too.

The bills run a 4-3 or Tampa 2 defence and its all complaints about how all the good teams run 3-4s, they switch to a 3-4 and everyone expects instant success with it.

Poz and Whitner are viewed as bust or not good enough, the positions need upgrading, they become FA's and sign elsewhere and its all about how they were valuable to the defence and should have been kept (well not so much about whitner)

Whitner tweets that he guarantees the Bills to make the playoffs (something most people would look at as optimisum and a good thing) and people want to run him out of town. Stevie tweets about how he wonders why God would make him drop a game winning TD pass and everyone rallies around him.

Bills fans need some bulk Abilify prescriptions.

yes, I am complaining about that

No, actually I agree with you

People wanted to see Evans/lynch/McGahee traded because they felt Stevie Johnson/Fred jackson/Marshawn lynch played better and theyweren't needed, then when traded its all complaints cause they didn't get enough for them. No, actually I agree with you

Sorry, I'm not everyone. I just think it's embarrassing that the Bills are bragging that Ralph put up some money for a new field that was obviously damaged and not of NFL quality. Did you read the press release? Do you think Robert Kraft would be proud that his upgraded his old and damaged practice facility? Of course he wouldn't, because he would never have an old and damaged practice facility, because he's a better owner than Ralph WIlson...

Does Sully know about this travesty?

GO BILLS!!!

:cry:

Have to agree, the fans have been insufferable so far and it's only preseason.

Reading the various boards has become a chore.

Did I miss something in the article? It is about the practice field not the stadium field, right?

Right. The problem with the practice field was poor drainage. Over time the dirt base, compacted, resulting in poor drainage even with piping under the dirt base. When the field was upgraded, out with the dirt and in with a sand base which should increase drainage making the field drain quicker after a heavy rain. Instead of days drying, the field will be ready to use in hours if not sooner.