Spiller starting

cmjoyce113

Tim Graham just said on twitter he is hearing it's spillers job to lose, not Freddy. I find this interesting and I think it would be a good thing.

If he plays to his draft status great....If not Freddy will be there week one....keeps Freddy fresh for the season, hes not a spring chicken anymore.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next off season the Bills will turn this first round bust into another fourth round pick and by then we will have a whole new GM and coach for another 3 years of transition and the vicious cycle continues. :wallbash::censored:

Edited by Da Big Man

I understand why they are doing this (you don't keep the thoroughbred in the garage), but I also see that Fred Jackson makes use of what he's got much better.

CJ needs a good offensive line to get the job done, just as he did at Clemson. Fred will take whatever he's got and still make the chicken salad.

On a note about Tim Graham, I know his new assignment with the paper was going to be non-sports related, but he seems to be all around the team still with his reports. Is he going to be regularly contributing to the Buffalo News coverage now, or is he going to be still sticking with the original gameplan? I really like his insight and how he reports.

Spiller reference link

On a note about Tim Graham, I know his new assignment with the paper was going to be non-sports related, but he seems to be all around the team still with his reports. Is he going to be regularly contributing to the Buffalo News coverage now, or is he going to be still sticking with the original gameplan? I really like his insight and how he reports.

I don't think it really matters much, who is the starter, once you get a few games into the season...by then, whoever is having a better game will get more carries...the Bills invested heavily in Spiller...they have to do everything they can to make sure they get something out of him...Fred will get plenty of chances, IMO.

I don't think it really matters much, who is the starter, once you get a few games into the season...by then, whoever is having a better game will get more carries...the Bills invested heavily in Spiller...they have to do everything they can to make sure they get something out of him...Fred will get plenty of chances, IMO.

If Fred is outperforming him, it will matter to Fred a lot. It's a matter of pride and team leadership, even if Fred can put on a good face for the media.

Doesn't seem like CJ is pass blocking well enough yet anyway, and until he does his touches will be limited. I think Chan wanted to see where his team was against Denver and it doesn't look good. Hopefully it will be enough of an embarrassment in the locker room to get them motivated. From the outside it looks like it brought some focus, but the results will be judged on Saturday.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

Shades of Bills trading Evans because they were afraid of losing a talent like Marcus Easley or Donald Jones. Or letting Greer go because they wanted to develop McKelvin. Or trading McGahee because of the shiny bright object called Lynch.

It goes on & on.

To me this is the whole Marshawn/Freddie thing all over again...Anyone who can't see Freddie is a better NFL Running Back at this point is either suffering from a severe case of wishful thinking, fooling themselves, or freaking stupid...I don't think Gailey is stupid or fooling himself...So I'm going with wishful thinking...Which we all suffer from as Bills Fans most every year... B-)

We had Jackson when we drafted Lynch. Jackson was better.

We had Jackson when we drafted Spiller. Freddie was better.

2 first round picks on RB when we had Jackson.

If we spend those picks on a RG and RT we be much further along as a team on Offense.

No wonder we still suck. :wallbash:

We had Jackson when we drafted Lynch. Jackson was better.

We had Jackson when we drafted Spiller. Freddie was better.

2 first round picks on RB when we had Jackson.

If we spend those picks on a RG and RT we be much further along as a team on Offense.

No wonder we still suck. :wallbash:

Stop using your fancy logic!

Spiller didn't look that bad to me the other night.

Shhhhhhhhh! You're not allowed to say that, even if he did play decent the other night. Since Whitner and Evans are gone, Spiller and McKelvin are the newest whipping boys. The official TBD party line is that neither player does anything correct and both are busts.

Tim Graham said on Friday that he has not been to one Bills practice yet, and he doesn't cover the team, so he really doesn't know what is going on. I'm sure he heard something about Spiller, but Gailey has been upfront about trying to get Spiller the ball more, and that is the way you do it, put him in with the starters in the pre-season. They know what Freddy can do.

That said, Freddy is not at all happy with the front office of the Bills these days. And I don't blame him one bit.