Roughing the Passer

Danny Batten was called for roughing the passer at the end of the first half and our announcers were like well its the proper call cuz you can't drive him into the ground What?! :wallbash: Are you freakin kidding me, now you can't even finish off a tackle? When he hit him he just threw the ball and there was no reason why he should have pulled up. This league is getting so soft it's making the game harder to watch.

N ew

F erry

L eague

:angry:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been a rule for awhile. If they really wanted to make an impact, they'd get the PEDs out of the game.

Even with the current rules that call was nonsense. He was wrapping him up immediately as the ball was thrown and wasn't throwing the QB down hard at all.

I was watching this game with the Denver broadcast/announcers and even they were saying it was a terrible call.

Danny Batten was called for roughing the passer at the end of the first half and our announcers were like well its the proper call cuz you can't drive him into the ground What?! :wallbash: Are you freakin kidding me, now you can't even finish off a tackle? When he hit him he just threw the ball and there was no reason why he should have pulled up. This league is getting so soft it's making the game harder to watch.

N ew

F erry

L eague

Rochester is considering a new Ferry. Is that so wrong?

It is the preseason for referees too. They are not at the top of their game just yet and it is not unusual for them to emphasize things and call it tight in preseason games to send a message to the players that maybe they are going

more strictly interpret certain rules.

It is the preseason for referees too. They are not at the top of their game just yet and it is not unusual for them to emphasize things and call it tight in preseason games to send a message to the players that maybe they are going

more strictly interpret certain rules.

That is why all the holding Denver did the other night was called right? Meh!

that's why this league is so frustrating...Batten was not roughing the passer - but it seems like that call is like a balk. If I call it on them then I gotta call it on you even it up. Denver held all night and not just a little bit...fists full of jersey. Reminded me of Pittsburgh they not only hold but they run with you while holding -

Even with the current rules that call was nonsense. He was wrapping him up immediately as the ball was thrown and wasn't throwing the QB down hard at all.

I was watching this game with the Denver broadcast/announcers and even they were saying it was a terrible call.

You are 100% correct. It was a beyond terrible call.

N ew

F erry

L eague

The penalty called against Denver on Fitz I thought was a bad call. It looked clean. But the call on Batten has merit because he drove him into the ground other than just letting gravity do the work.