Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

You can be significantly better than the likes of Rinehart and Urbik, and still be a big disappointment. I think that's where Andy is. Gailey knows how much time he has before the season starts, and is using some practice time to motivate Levitre to get where he should be.

Was thinking the same thing. Agree 100%

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Levitre being tried at LT ? Cos I think he can play tackle also.

He Played right tackle in college. If were lucky Levitre slides to the right tackle spot and rhinehart and urhbik play the guards with wood at center...Levitre at RT is better than anything we have right now by alot

Nah, that would make too much sense; after all, it's training camp and there are three preseason games left. TSW protocol is to scream "the sky is falling" and jump to conclusions.

True Dat !! This type of crowd never last for long on "TSW"

We both have seen them come and seen them go into the sunset of cyberspace.

RELAX people this is PRE-SEASON. I hope just like everyone else that the players Buddy Nix brought in can help Chan and his coaches field a decent team this year. Pre-season games is the time to find out if these young guys have the potential to become solid pro's

Same for FA...what do we have?, can he adapt to our system?, how does he react if beat on a play? or makes a play? Team oriented or "ME First" type. Does he point fingers of accept responsibility for not making a play(s)? And finally there is the competition factor. For some vets it's the fear of being demoted and kissing a big payday good-bye and for some it is the thought of riding the pine and playing very little or most likly a combination of both these factors that will push a player. The term "maybe we can light a fire under his a$$" comes to mind. Its the coaches responsibility to figure out what 11 guys on offense, defense and special teams can win games for the Buffalo Bills. That's all that matters. Over the years I've seen a fan favorite fade quickly into the back-reaches of fans minds in favor of the "new improved player" that is dropped onto the playing field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. This year will be no different. Players that don't make the cut and players that are traded fade fast from fans minds.

Levitre gets a lot of love for absolutely no reason. He needs to play better.

Finally, someone has the guts to say it. The OL is in deep trouble.

Levitre just isn't that good.

Wood is a stud and was a great pick. Levitre is not panning out quite as well.

That doesn't mean he's a total bust or anything, but so far he's just not working out as well as Wood has.

True.

Everyone is focusing on the Levitre side

How about we focus on Rinehart he is young-ish and he has obviously done something right for the coaches to think high of him

And Lancaster Steve is right, its the pre season, if he does poorly in the first couple of games then it doesnt matter

I can only see good things happening, either an upgrade at an already solid position or we go back to Levitre who is the only one on the o-line that hasnt been injured

:)

Edited by aussiebills

Pretty hilarious that literally dozens of posters feel more qualified to judge the performance of the Bills offensive linemen than their own coaches.

now this is a really funny comment as it relates to the Bills brain trust and the OL

The team has proven conclusively over the last 18 years that they are completely inept when it comes to identifying, acquiring and coaching OL talent. McNally was the only with half a clue. He's long gone, along with his diamond in the rough

We are left with the Buddy and Chan show.

After 2 full years of buuilidng the team in their image, Buddy comes to teh conclusion that they are short of OL talent

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-offensiveline

So to solve the depth problem, Chan takes his most consistent OL starter in Levitre and makes him a backup - depth problem solved.

Of course the interior of the OL now has as many holes as the OTs, but that's why we got mobile QBs.

That continuity and consistenty thing with the OL is way overrated - just ask Chan :blink:

Levitre said he didnt play well in Chicago, and he's a lot smaller than Rinehart. This line cant generate any push. We can assume that Levtitre graded out poorly on film for the Chicago game and Rinehart did much better.

As other posters said, This guy gets a lot of love for no reason. He would do well to pay more attention to football and less to his former jill gf.

Edited by K Gun Special

now this is a really funny comment as it relates to the Bills brain trust and the OL

The team has proven conclusively over the last 18 years that they are completely inept when it comes to identifying, acquiring and coaching OL talent. McNally was the only with half a clue. He's long gone, along with his diamond in the rough

We are left with the Buddy and Chan show.

After 2 full years of buuilidng the team in their image, Buddy comes to teh conclusion that they are short of OL talent

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-offensiveline

So to solve the depth problem, Chan takes his most consistent OL starter in Levitre and makes him a backup - depth problem solved.

Of course the interior of the OL now has as many holes as the OTs, but that's why we got mobile QBs.

That continuity and consistenty thing with the OL is way overrated - just ask Chan :blink:

You cannot be serious that Andy Levitre has been the most consistent OL. Do you watch the games ?

i agree with those of you who've speculated gailey is using this demotion as a motivational tool.

---

i just erased a long post brainstorming who should be starting where - i'll save you guys the trouble of my meandering stream of consciousness and just highlight the main points:

1. i cant believe hangartner isnt able to earn a spot as guard. if the only position he can play is center, switch wood back to G. yeah, hangartner isnt that good but hes better than everyone else save levitre and wood (and bell most of the time).

2. pears and urbik suck

3. dear rinehart and hairston, WE NEED YOU! get it together

4. dear buddy nix, sign stinchcomb or some other obvious upgrade

4b. if you think our oline stinks now, wait til someone gets hurt... buddy, we need some more big bodies!!!! sign somebody!!!!!

Edited by uncle flap

Levitre is in serious trouble ....call it what you want....he's not good enough or they think the next guy is better....either way, when a previous starter gets demoted in practice, they usually don't get their old job back, unless thru injury. this is NOT some ploy to simply motivate andy.