Expect Dareus to have a big game on Saturday

When the Bills drafted Dareus at #3, Dareus told Roger Goodell that he was gonna make Carolina & Denver pay for passing on him. Even though it's only preseason & Dareus looked good against the Bears, I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll look this weekend since he'll be motivated to destroy the Broncos.

When the Bills drafted Dareus at #3, Dareus told Roger Goodell that he was gonna make Carolina & Denver pay for passing on him. Even though it's only preseason & Dareus looked good against the Bears, I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll look this weekend since he'll be motivated to destroy the Broncos.

Yeah I think he will as well. I try not to be too excited about this guy but some things I saw against the Bears you just can't ignore. Plays like he has been in the league for years and he will probably only get better. I mean he was ripping through double teams like nothing and has some good aggressive moves to break the double team. I'm glad both teams passed on him. How has Miller looked?

The Broncos game will be a better gauge of where he is. Beadles, JD Walton and Kuper are going to have to double somebody, and Kyle Williams, Danny Batten, and Merriman ought to profit the most with multiple sacks.

Yeah I think he will as well. I try not to be too excited about this guy but some things I saw against the Bears you just can't ignore. Plays like he has been in the league for years and he will probably only get better. I mean he was ripping through double teams like nothing and has some good aggressive moves to break the double team. I'm glad both teams passed on him. How has Miller looked?

Nothing noteworthy on Miller.....Bronc's didn't play him for more than a series or so. Too early to tell.

I agree that he looks great, and I have the highest expectations for him, but I didn't see him double-teamed by Chicago. I saw most of the double-teaming going against Williams.

I agree that he looks great, and I have the highest expectations for him, but I didn't see him double-teamed by Chicago. I saw most of the double-teaming going against Williams.

I agree and Kyle was still making plays. The defensive tackle area seems to be solid and we have good depth at the position.

That's fine. Let teams double Williams and single Dareus and Merriman. They'll learn soon enough.

You basically have to double Williams and Dareus, and put a RB/TE to help on Merriman. And we havent even talked about who is blocking Edwards/Kelsay/Carrington.

Too much to block!

That's fine. Let teams double Williams and single Dareus and Merriman. They'll learn soon enough.

You basically have to double Williams and Dareus, and put a RB/TE to help on Merriman. And we havent even talked about who is blocking Edwards/Kelsay/Carrington.

Too much to block!

You know Dr., I've done the same pairings that you have here and came away with a wary pre-giddyness. The ressurection of Merriman and the seeming coming to age of Carrington could be a nightmare for opposing teams. But some of that hope dimmed a bit after Chicago ran the ball down our throats for their TD. Most of our A team was in and I'm hoping it wasn't the true measure of where we are. Really looking forward to the Denver game to see this front 7 in action. I'm doing my best not to get my hopes up, but you know how that goes......

He did. For how many plays, I dont remember. But he was double teamed. 100% sure about that. A strategic and planned double team, not a random help me double team.

Trust me, I dvrd it. He dropped the qb on one of those double teamed plays also.

Dareus has a chip on his shoulder like Thurman did back on the day. I guess these players place a lot of importance on where/when they get drafted.

Come on!--he's hyping us, which is fine. He knew Carolina wasn't going to pick him. If he plays well, great. But it won't be because he is playing a preseason game against a team he knew wasn't in the market for him.

He beat two guys on his sack

He is going to be in for a few series ... this is not a regular season game ... he will work on getting better and yes, he will probably do something that makes Bronco fans regretting picking Miller. I am sooooo glad Miller was not an option for the Bills, all too many members of this board wanted him but we have the best of the first three picks in a Bills' uniform!

Denver passing on Dareus for Miller is one of the best things to happen to this franchise. Your LBs are worthless if your d line, especially the middle sucks. Denver completely changed the outlook for this team and defense for the next 10 or so years.

If Dareus ends up being good, there is no chance the Bills will be able to keep him.

We have until the end of his rookie contract, that's it. :(