Donte say's his heart is in Buffalo

I wish Donte the best...but, I will swan dive off of the Hover Dam...if the Bills give him a long tern contract of 5 million per year!

His bipolar tweets have ruined my life as a Bills fan over the past 2 years!

You might want to jump from the new bypass bridge.... Its a further fall...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, he is a football player, twitter doesn't make a freaking difference to how he plays on the field. How do you think he played ball?

Say what you like, he's been average at best and has issues in coverage--meaning I've seen him get picked on over the middle since we reached for him in the draft.

Say what you like, he's been average at best and has issues in coverage--meaning I've seen him get picked on over the middle since we reached for him in the draft.

I thought it was his tweets that "ruined your life as a bills fan the last 2 years".

Our run d is what has killed our team the last couple years. We've upgraded our run d this offseason, but losing donte would be a negative blow to our run d. It would still be better than last year, but keeping donte would strengthen it even more. Play Wilson on obvious passing downs and whitner on obv running downs. We've added Barnett, who is great in coverage. He can help cover the TEs too.

He's not going to make or break our team, but he IS an asset vs the run and would add even greater depth to our secondary. Don't break the bank for him, but sign him for the right price.

It looks like the veteran minimum is around $800,000. Madieu williams just signed with the 49rs for just over the league min at $810,000. Donte should get the veteran min with incentives in tackles and int's. He might have a heart for Buffalo but I think Buffalo wants his A#$ out of town.

It looks like the veteran minimum is around $800,000. Madieu williams just signed with the 49rs for just over the league min at $810,000. Donte should get the veteran min with incentives in tackles and int's. He might have a heart for Buffalo but I think Buffalo wants his A#$ out of town.

Sensabaugh signed yesterday 1 year $2.5M, seems a more likely comparable.

While I'm not a big fan of Donte I do think he is a fairly decent safety. I think he is good enough to start but on a good team with alot of defensive help. This team on the other hand is working towards fixing what has been the problem in the last few years and that's average starters (especially ones drafted in the first round) are getting put where they belong. I'd like to see Donte back but that would be as a backup role or strictly on obvious running downs. I'd much rather see Wilson, or even Searcy get in there. Wilson is just as good and Searcy is looking good in camp already getting reps with the 2nd team defense after just a few days. Ya, bring back Donte for not much more than $2mill/yr and keep his role limited

His heart might be in Buffalo but his ass will probably be somewhere else this year. I've watched every game the dude has played for the Bills and IMHO he is nothing more than an average safety with an above average opinion of himself. It is getting late enough that he will more than likely sign a one-year deal with another team. Guy's pride has taken a real hit with the realization that he's not the impact player that teams have been looking for.

While agree that Whitner should be re-signed at a reduced rate, if Wilson was the better safety, Wilson would have started last season, NOT Donte. If Donte re-ups for a reasonable price, i'd bet on him winning the starting SS job out of camp...again.

Sit in the upper deck and watch Whitner play - then tell me you want this guy back. Agonizingly slow to recognize the play - his hip turn is awful - he can't jump to defend high passes and he's a pile jumper on running plays. Luckily, we now have a coaching staff that can recognize play like this. Veteran minimum is the best offer this guy is gonna get ANYWHERE.

The Bills are a better defense with Wilson - Byrd - Whitner - Searcy than they are with Wilson - Byrd - Scott - Searcy.

Donte may not be great or even very good, but he is a lot better than most fans give him credit for. He and his agent priced themselves out of the market, which hasn't seen the crazy money most people thought it would flash. If we actually have a decent front seven, his game could change.