Donte say's his heart is in Buffalo

I don't care if we was an undrafted free-agent or the first pick in the draft - watch him play IN PERSON, not on TV where you only see 30% of the field - to judge his play. I couldn't care less about his draft position. On half the plays he's LOST out there. How many times do we need to see this guy come in 2 seconds late on long touchdown passes? Slow to re-act, slow to turn and run, slow to the line...

The coaches saw things with the team as the year went on. i/e., Trent to the street, Wood to center, Jackson in for Lynch...

ESPN has been showing many clips of Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards and other free agent receivers as of late - and there's ONE common denominator with all of them... many are against the Bills and if they are, they show WHITNER COMING IN LATE every frickin' time.

Just say NO.

Or it's because they both play in the Bill's division and we play them more than everyone else. Not sticking up for our coverage miscues, just saying...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it bother anyone else that our FO was as clueless about DW's value as DW was himself? They offered him $5MM/year when he basically has no market value. Ugh.

I love how you act like you have the slightest idea how Whitner's contracts talks around the league has gone.

It's pathetic how much people can hate on a person they have never might. But DW can't cover 6'5" tight ends one on one for 8 seconds! Whitner got run over once or juke on the open field! He sucks!

Whitner is a solid player who makes our defense better. Plus, he loves being a Bill and is one of the most popular guys on the team. You should definitely bring him back if the price is right.

But insulting strangers on aesaage board is way classier than Whitner tweeting!

Bother-Yes. Surprise-Hell No. They went after Fitz last year the second free agency started like he was Joe Montana. They always bring in other teams backups (Fitz, Hangartner), take players from other team's practice squads, players other teams cut and when they get here they are good enough to start, not gonna win alot of games that way.

Fitz started 12 games the year before and posted some pretty decent numbers on a bad team.

2008 Cincinnati Bengals 13 12 221 372 59.4 1,905 5.1 8 9 38 193 70.0 60 304 5.1 2 11 5

It was a good pickup and if we hadnt gotton Fitz we would be pulling a miami right now and signing Matt moore as insurance

So when you do assinine stuff and get a penalty that costs your team that is OK depending on who you are? If you get such a big ego after one good game that you lose concentration and drop a game winning, perfectly placed touchdown pass, and lead the entire league in percentage of passes dropped, that is OK depending on who you are? Or is it just depending on who "YOU" like and who "YOU" don't like? That is pretty stupid on your part and self-centered on Stevie "Stone Hands" part. And, NO we didn't "ALL" didn't see anything on Twitter, you have to choose to see that stuff and alot of us don't choose to, especially if we are going to turn right around and B word about what we read. Besides, if you got rid of all the NFL players with big egos, there might be enough left to field two teams-with no bench players.

Stevie did nothing to cost our team anything besides that one drop vs Pitt and yeah people make mistakes. Calling him stone hands though is ridiculous. I guess those 82 catches he had were all luck right? But you'll say he led the league in percentage of dropped passes right, so I guess he sucks and has poor hands and might as well trade or cut him.

I didn't follow Donte on twitter because I don't follow anyone on there but I did see what he wrote because it was on this website that I check every single day. And I wasn't bitching about anything. Maybe you should go back and look at 95% of your posts because all you do is B word about how the bills did this, or they didn't do that. And btw maybe you should look into that big ego thing yourself

Does it bother anyone else that our FO was as clueless about DW's value as DW was himself? They offered him $5MM/year when he basically has no market value. Ugh.

This is not the first time this Bills' front office has grossly overestimated a player's value. Chris Kelsay and Cornell Green come to mind as well. This reflects badly on the Bills' FO's competence.

This is not the first time this Bills' front office has grossly overestimated a player's value. Chris Kelsay and Cornell Green come to mind as well. This reflects badly on the Bills' FO's competence.

I'm asking because I honestly don't remember -- when was Donte offered the extension, and on what authority do we know it was 5M/year? How many years?

Haven't seen a good link to the terms of the contract, Bengals website estimates his contract @ $4 mil/year

4M a year is very different than the 4M total people here were assuming.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Thursday-update-Whitner-brings-66-starts-Dalton-still-to-get-most-snaps-Rivers-reaches-out/1b2ed0d6-3312-4fe7-a42f-b801da55b75c

This also says a lot about how valuable he was to an admittedly terrible defense:

While leading the Bills in 97 percent play time last year
Edited by Captain Caveman

I'm asking because I honestly don't remember -- when was Donte offered the extension, and on what authority do we know it was 5M/year? How many years?

That's a good question, E. I can only find articles about the Bills having made Whitner a qualifying tender offer back in March which was smart in case the new CBA made him a restricted FA. I can't even find info on the level of the qualifying offer. Where did these reports of the Bills offering him 5m per year come from? Nix was pretty adamant that DW didn't seem to want to come back.

I know Whitner was unhappy with the Bills' offer in October last year when they tried to extend him, but I can't find any numbers on that offer either. Seems to me if he was unhappy the Bills lowballed him. Certainly doesn't seem to support the idea that the Bills over valued him.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

That's a good question, E. I can only find articles about the Bills having made Whitner a qualifying tender offer back in March which was smart in case the new CBA made him a restricted FA. I can't even find info on the level of the qualifying offer. Where did these reports of the Bills offering him 5m per year come from? Nix was pretty adamant that DW didn't seem to want to come back.

I know Whitner was unhappy with the Bills' offer in October last year when they tried to extend him, but I can't find any numbers on that offer either. Seems to me if he was unhappy the Bills lowballed him. Certainly doesn't seem to support the idea that the Bills over valued him.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the info, and given what we're now hearing about the actual terms of Donte's deal it would appear Buddy & Co. weren't the stumbling, bumbling idiots some would have you believe.

"As far as what they brang to the defense in their time here, " i believe the word is brung. As in "what they brung" lol!jk

we might miss Poz and Whither for what they done brought, before this season. But lets just move on and look forward to the new guys and the news starters being succesful. Lets give old George a go and develop Searcy quickly. I think we we see a bit of return from Byrd of his ballhawking, they might give him some freedom now that we have a better core of defense and we can settle down with our transitioning to 3/4 ish look.

I think Whitner could have been a starter again amd Poz also and they might well have played better and been more affective this year. So we move on. Let lil Donte go.

I had a studio where much of it was fabricated on Essex Street and saw it before it was done but still don't get the big deal lol. I also started a not for profit there named Big Orbit Gallery, still there 20 years later.

We probably know a lot of the same people.

Where did you get that figure from? I hate when people just make up stats, just to support their bogus argument. At least 80% of the time, these stats are just pulled out of their ass! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha

No doubt, if you don't "follow" someone on Twitter, you won't even know what they are saying. So all of these people that B word about his Twitter must have "voluntarily" clicked to follow him or they wouldn't be getting his Tweets.

Not necessarily true. I don't tweet but just reading these boards everyday exposes one to the tweets of many Bills players and other NFLers too.

BTW, the scouting reports on Steve Johnson was that he had excellent hands. His receiving workout at the combine was excellent.

Receivers go through periods of dropsies (remember Josh Reed) just like pitchers go through periods of wildness.

I doubt very much that Johnson becomes a guy who has problems catching the ball.