Jump to content
tgreg99

UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

Recommended Posts

On 1/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, Foxx said:

let's see... we have ventured to one other planet and surprise, surprise... we found life.  in a logical manner of thinking, this would say that the universe is teeming with life, of all kinds.

 

 

We have ventured to more than one planet, several moons and planets in fact. And we have found no life. If we had, it would be the biggest biological discovery ever. I would love for your assertion  to be true but saying it so incorrectly yet confidently makes you look foolish, like you believe in a fantasy and then go out and say it's a fact. It isn't. At all. 

 

I don't agree with Crayonz's confidence but right now we have no evidence of life anywhere but here. None. Nada. Zero. 

 

Chemicals in a comet are not life. 

Edited by John Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 12:22 AM, LeGOATski said:

 

Exoplanet research is the coolest thing anyone is doing right now. Can't wait to see what our tic-tac probes find there.

 

 "Look we found another planet," is not that cool any more. Lots of stars have lots of planets. We glean very little about them from this distance unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Adams said:

 

 "Look we found another planet," is not that cool any more. Lots of stars have lots of planets. We glean very little about them from this distance unfortunately. 

 

I think it is pretty cool but understand what you mean.  They are finding new types of planets at times and all of these things are tiny little pieces in a billion piece jigsaw.  I admire this methodical work and it is using the limits of our current technology which is also cool to learn about.  It is becoming repetitive at a high level, no doubt, but we are learning new things.

 

The hype machine that spits out headlines like "most Earth like planet ever just discovered" is boring for sure.  There really hasn't been an extrasolar Earth like planet discovered at all.  If we discovered Venus in a solar system 100 light years away, it would be the most Earth like planet ever discovered, Mars would be a close second.  This latest discovery is so far behind Mars and Venus it's like a jogger trying to compete in the Indy 500, but is painted differently.

 

Assuming an 80 year life span, people are impatient and want some discovery on their timeline.  That's ok IMO because it pushes things.  If we were searching for the cancer cure, and never found it, but gradually cured everything else, that would be cool.  Unlike finding aliens, we may find the cure for cancer, but it is the best comparison I could find.  Searching for non-existent aliens will have side benefits.  Not too long from now, we'll be equipped to fulfill Von Neumann's observations which will be a step for us and hopefully lay to rest the need to imagine aliens as a reason for exploration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Adams said:

 

 "Look we found another planet," is not that cool any more. Lots of stars have lots of planets. We glean very little about them from this distance unfortunately. 

🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

 

I think it is pretty cool but understand what you mean.  They are finding new types of planets at times and all of these things are tiny little pieces in a billion piece jigsaw.  I admire this methodical work and it is using the limits of our current technology which is also cool to learn about.  It is becoming repetitive at a high level, no doubt, but we are learning new things.

 

The hype machine that spits out headlines like "most Earth like planet ever just discovered" is boring for sure.  There really hasn't been an extrasolar Earth like planet discovered at all.  If we discovered Venus in a solar system 100 light years away, it would be the most Earth like planet ever discovered, Mars would be a close second.  This latest discovery is so far behind Mars and Venus it's like a jogger trying to compete in the Indy 500, but is painted differently.

 

Assuming an 80 year life span, people are impatient and want some discovery on their timeline.  That's ok IMO because it pushes things.  If we were searching for the cancer cure, and never found it, but gradually cured everything else, that would be cool.  Unlike finding aliens, we may find the cure for cancer, but it is the best comparison I could find.  Searching for non-existent aliens will have side benefits.  Not too long from now, we'll be equipped to fulfill Von Neumann's observations which will be a step for us and hopefully lay to rest the need to imagine aliens as a reason for exploration.

 

Yeah--I'm not saying we should give up. But there's not a lot coming out of this as exoplanet excitement right now besides, "Look another one." We're up around 4000 of these. The 4001st isn't that interesting. 

 

The spectroscopy studies, and that's pretty much going to be the extent of any knowledge we gain about these planets in our lifetimes, will be limited to a knowledge of some of the chemicals in atmosphere. Good to know for science, but sadly it will be little to answer the big questions about life on other planets. 

Edited by John Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ALF said:

Top-secret UFO files could ‘gravely damage’ US national security, Navy says

 

Last year, the Navy for the first time acknowledged that three UFO videos -- one from the 2004 USS Nimitz incident and two from 2015 -- were real videos of unidentified flying objects.

 

Responding to Vice's Freedom of Information Act request, the Navy said it had "discovered certain briefing slides that are classified TOP SECRET. A review of these materials indicates that are currently and appropriate Marked and Classified TOP SECRET under Executive Order 13526 and the Originial Classification Authority has determined that release of these materials would cause exceptionally grave damage to the National Security of the United States."

 

https://www.foxnews.com/science/top-secret-ufo-files-gravely-damage-us-national-security

 

It's the secret of all secrets in modern society. People died for it. People were silenced to protect it. 

 

But it can't be kept secret any longer. The dam is about to... 

Image result for dam about to burst gif"

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.space.com/aliens-time-traveling-humans-ufo-hypothesis.html

Are the aliens us? UFOs may be piloted by time-traveling humans, book argues

We'll never need time travel for tourism. That's what simulation and VR are for.

 

Despite what he claims, that guy is not offering a simple answer. Isn't he actually proposing the most complex answer?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

One of my favorite sci-fi series, the Hyperion Cantos, covers the simulation idea pretty well. Entire worlds of physical simulation built by AI for a specific time period or place. Kinda like a more advanced and grander West World. That's a very realistic idea for the far far future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Beat me too it.

Only 9 years too late

 

So close

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 9:48 AM, Foxx said:

Titan is known is have water oceans. while mostly frozen, there is evidence of stable liquid bodies on the surface, along with a dense atmosphere.

 

Jupiter's Io has what is thought to be volcanoes.

051407_loop-1041px.gif?itok=3CMV9UdO

 

 

 

 

 

Titan has methane oceans - too cold for water oceans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

 

Titan has methane oceans - too cold for water oceans.

NASA  thinks otherwise?

 

Titan

... Titan is also thought to have a subsurface ocean of water. ...

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 6:20 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

U.S. Space Command‏ 

LOL. 

 

those graphics suck BTW ...  

Space Command lol. If I didn't know better I would think its David and Jerry Zucker spoof from the '80s. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but notice that the logo highlights the antarctic region and there's a white tic-tac UFO zooming around the planet....

 

6a017d4117b2c6970c01bb08287912970d-800wi

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So basically they steal another logo. 

 

:lol: Pretty much. Though, to be fair, the Air Force stole it first years ago. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:


So basically they steal another logo. 
 

 

It's the classic question of which came first: military branches or sci-fi shows?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

 

:lol: Pretty much. Though, to be fair, the Air Force stole it first years ago. 

 

I believe NASA was first with the stars and triangles and flying things

although they probably stole it from some other pop culture influence

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:


47507fedc0adfdd6c723c375defd28cf.png

106354691-1579903636492untitled-1.jpg?v=

So basically they steal another logo. 
 

 

 

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

 

:lol: Pretty much. Though, to be fair, the Air Force stole it first years ago. 

 

 

 

right. the existing Air Force Command logo.

EPE_AQcX0AER0tC?format=png&name=240x240

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...