UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

A civilization couldn't conceivably block our view unless it caught up to its own previous unblocked signals floating through space.  This seems conceivable but not with anything we currently know.  Granted they'd know more.

But if the universe is teeming with life wouldn't some want to block signals, some not care and sone actively want to send signals?  Still crickets.  Actually not even crickets.

I’m not a zealot on this issue, but I hope you will forgive me if I find this overly pompous for you to declare what is conceivable. My mother grew up with a man delivering blocks of ice to her house so they could store food without spoiling. She remembers the first family automobile. I remember party lines on the phone. 

Now? We drive remote control cars around on Mars, and my mother has virtually all the knowledge of mankind at her fingertips with her iPhone. Your problem is being stuck up on what is conceivable. If additional dimensions is potentially conceivable to you, why not this? I won’t think that small. 

• Like (+1) 2

What did I deny?  And why would I know what a spaceship looks like?

Being Mrs. Cooper, let alone having seen yourself on the show.  As for the lack of life elsewhere in the cosmos, ‘the 4merper4mer doth protest too much’.  How do they make those right hand turns at Mach speeds?  ?

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not a zealot on this issue, but I hope you will forgive me if I find this overly pompous for you to declare what is conceivable. My mother grew up with a man delivering blocks of ice to her house so they could store food without spoiling. She remembers the first family automobile. I remember party lines on the phone. 

Now? We drive remote control cars around on Mars, and my mother has virtually all the knowledge of mankind at her fingertips with her iPhone. Your problem is being stuck up on what is conceivable. If additional dimensions is potentially conceivable to you, why not this? I won’t think that small. 

Re-read my post.  They couldn't block our view without catching up to their earlier signals.  I then granted that I could conceive of this happening.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Being Mrs. Cooper, let alone having seen yourself on the show.  As for the lack of life elsewhere in the cosmos, ‘the 4merper4mer doth protest too much’.  How do they make those right hand turns at Mach speeds?  ?

Mach is the speed of sound

Space is a vacuum where sound does not travel

How can there be Mach speed in space?

Just now, /dev/null said:

I’m speaking of when earthbound pilots have those encounters where it seems the humans are flying Ford Model As, and the spacey creatures are in Ferraris.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Re-read my post.  They couldn't block our view without catching up to their earlier signals.  I then granted that I could conceive of this happening.

So.....you’re saying there’s a chance?    ?

A hundred years ahead I can’t imagine. A thousand? A BILLION? I can’t even dream of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You're one of those dudes who just turns weird when they lose an argument huh?

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

So.....you’re saying there’s a chance?    ?

A hundred years ahead I can’t imagine. A thousand? A BILLION? I can’t even dream of that. 

Well if there are tons of them and they are all smart wouldn't some of them want signals to get through?

And if none of the signals get through why isn't the rest of the universe a projection made by these same aliens?  Why is what we see actually real?

Well if there are tons of them and they are all smart wouldn't some of them want signals to get through?

And if none of the signals get through why isn't the rest of the universe a projection made by these same aliens?  Why is what we see actually real?

You’ve been on this board a while. If they were SMART, maybe they step around the dog poop on the sidewalk?    ?

As to what is real, that’s a very different question. But a good one. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Anything traveling through space at the speed of 767mph? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

You do know that Mach varies right?

I appreciate that. I was just imposing the established standardized speed of sound (Mach 1) at sea level on a normal day (clear, calm, etc.,) on my theoretical object traveling through the vacuum of outer space, which was a stretch given that Mach applies to “air” craft and not “space” craft. I fully respect the variables that can impact the speed at which sound travels. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You're one of those dudes who just turns weird when they lose an argument huh?

Lol, nobody has lost an argument to you at all, at least not in this thread. Funny that you think so though. Keep on keepin on.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly. It's so big our minds can't even wrap around everything about it. One can imagine, but that simply still would not be enough. That was exactly my point though, there is no proof one way or other but maybe one day there will be. I certainly think it's at least possible that other intelligent life is somewhere out there.

Also as I said in a earlier post, humans also didn't exist, until one day we did.

Like Horton hears a Who 

that hears another Horton hears a Who that hears another Horton hears a Who scenario 

? BOOM 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, nobody has lost an argument to you at all, at least not in this thread. Funny that you think so though. Keep on keepin on.

You and your compatriots have not ventured beyond sitcom math as reasoning.  I guess I might not be winning as proving a negative is tough but you are most certainly losing.

And now the Dr. Seuss method is kicking in.