UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So you've reviewed the math in this thread?  What part of it seems incorrect to you?

Basically what I'm saying is, we are getting more technologically advanced almost everyday and the reason is we are still learning more and more "math" and many other things along with it everyday. There's no telling how far along man will be with technological advances 10 or 15 years from now. Much less 100 yrs.

And that will have us learning even more about math. So yes, the math in this instance is no where near complete.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Woah.  Try to focus.

Paragraph 1:. I have no argument which says we have learned everything about math; or science for that matter.  You clearly haven't read the earlier parts of this thread.  We hadn't discovered Higgs Boson until recently.  Did I state or even think it was fake?  No.  Why?  Math.  Aliens don't exist and relatively simple math is all that is needed to determine that.  I think that's a bummer but I don't get emotional about it.

The rest:. If you accept time as linear, which is at least somewhat in question, we're still learning how to do things.  We are using math and science to learn.  One of the things we've learned is that we are the only ones learning.

You are disagreeing with things I'm not even saying.  Go back to the earlier parts of this thread, I believe around pages 20-40, if you want to understand what I'm saying. 

Nah I'm pretty focused, no need for me to. We can leave it like it is, you think what you want and I will do the same.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Basically what I'm saying is, we are getting more technologically advanced almost everyday and the reason is we are still learning more and more "math" and many other things along with it everyday. There's no telling how far along man will be with technological advances 10 or 15 years from now. Much less 100 yrs.

And that will have us learning even more about math.

So yes, the math in this instance is no where near complete.

Nah I'm pretty focused, no need for me to. We can leave it like it is, you think what you want and I will do the same.

The first 90% of your post is unnecessary because I have no argument with it and agree with it.  At no point have I made an argument against it or anything like it.

The part starting with "Nah" reminds me of the monkeys covering their eyes, ears and mouths in memes and such.  The previous sentence is where your argument fails.

It isn't a matter of "thinking" when something has been proven.  2+2 is 4 whether someone has learned it or not.  Basic math is all that is needed to discern that a search for aliens will forever remain fruitless.  If you choose to actively avoid it, that does not erase its existence or somehow make it false.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The first 90% of your post is unnecessary because I have no argument with it and agree with it.  At no point have I made an argument against it or anything like it.

The part starting with "Nah" reminds me of the monkeys covering their eyes, ears and mouths in memes and such.  The previous sentence is where your argument fails.

It isn't a matter of "thinking" when something has been proven.  2+2 is 4 whether someone has learned it or not.  Basic math is all that is needed to discern that a search for aliens will forever remain fruitless.  If you choose to actively avoid it, that does not erase its existence or somehow make it false.

Again, I think the math is incomplete (meaning more needs to be known). And furthermore to me it does not prove that nothing exist in a universe that does not end. So yeah, that's where I'm at.

And I think the same about your mindset, just the monkey is covering his eyes instead of ears.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

16 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Again, I think the math is incomplete (meaning more needs to be known). And furthermore to me it does not prove that nothing exist in a universe that does not end. So yeah, that's where I'm at.

And I think the same about your mindset, just the monkey is covering his eyes instead of ears.

How much infinite is enough infinite?

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

How much infinite is enough infinite?

Blah blah all you want. Bottom line is that there is no hard proof one way or other that there is or is not intelligent life out there. That's just fact whether you want to believe it or not. Billions upon billions upon billions of planets and solar systems. To think it's not possible that their may be intelligent life is pretty close minded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You can do all the research you need to realize your oversight right here in this thread.  There are other places as well.

Nice desperation gotcha heave with the "we are aliens" bit.  I'm sure you're joking but in case not I'll just clarify that I meant humans are the only intelligent species.

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me but disagreeing with math seems futile.

see, right here you're off the rails. not only are we not the only intelligent species, we are not even the only intelligent species on this planet. i suggest looking in the mirror for that oversight you speak of.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

see, right here you're off the rails. not only are we not the only intelligent species, we are not even the only intelligent species on this planet. i suggest looking in the mirror for that oversight you speak of.

Shirley.

Redefining intelligent is a desperation heave.  We're talking about being intelligent enough to send signals into space.  Whales or Dolphins don't cut it and Canadians count as human.

24 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Blah blah all you want. Bottom line is that there is no hard proof one way or other that there is or is not intelligent life out there. That's just fact whether you want to believe it or not. Billions upon billions upon billions of planets and solar systems. To think it's not possible that their may be intelligent life is pretty close minded.

It's not closed minded.  It's math.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley.

Redefining intelligent is a desperation heave.  We're talking about being intelligent enough to send signals into space.  Whales or Dolphins don't cut it and Canadians count as human.

We’ve conducted numerous experiments over the years that show various creatures, from octopuses to finches, performing tasks requiring deductive reasoning. Have we done that with Canadians yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley.

Redefining intelligent is a desperation heave.  We're talking about being intelligent enough to send signals into space.  Whales or Dolphins don't cut it and Canadians count as human. ...

Nancy, it would seem that you are the only one here that keeps redefining what you are saying, otherwise known as, moving the goal posts.

Edited by Foxx

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Nancy, it would seem that you are the only one here that keeps redefining what you are saying, otherwise known as, moving the goal posts.

Math has shown that there are no life forms elsewhere in the universe capable of communicating with Earth.  Those have been the goal posts since early in this thread and haven't moved.

The basis of the thread is UFOs so it should be clear we aren't talking about microbes or monkeys, although the math is starting to pile up against the existence of the latter off Earth as well.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me but disagreeing with math seems futile.

You’re right.  Being grounded for the summer by the parents after barely squeaking by in Grade 11 math buttresses your statement.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You’re right.  Being grounded for the summer by the parents after barely squeaking by in Grade 11 math buttresses your statement.

That's clever.  Did you read the math?  I'm eager to hear your refutation.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That's clever.  Did you read the math?  I'm eager to hear your refutation.

My contention was strictly that math wins out over the feeble protestations by the aggrieved teen to the parental powers, owing to a less than satisfactory final grade.

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Math has shown that there are no life forms elsewhere in the universe capable of communicating with Earth.  Those have been the goal posts since early in this thread and haven't moved.

The basis of the thread is UFOs so it should be clear we aren't talking about microbes or monkeys, although the math is starting to pile up against the existence of the latter off Earth as well.

where is this math you keep referring to? oh and... no vague stuff, specificity required.

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

where is this math you keep referring to? oh and... no vague stuff, specificity required.

I'm pretty sure this is the equation he is referring to:

My biases = Universal truths

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My contention was strictly that math wins out over the feeble protestations by the aggrieved teen to the parental powers, owing to a less than satisfactory final grade.

I didn't protest any math.  I used it.  You've used unfounded mockery thus far.

Pursuit of the truth sometimes leads us to results that disappoint.  Whether exhilarating or disappointing, the results of logic are always instructive.  Try using it and listening to it some time soon.

Just now, Foxx said:

yeah, no. that is not very specific. you'll have to do better.

It was a discussion in this thread and it should be easier to find than currency conversion tables.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

... It was a discussion in this thread and it should be easier to find than currency conversion tables.

currency conversion tables?

you're the one spouting off about maths, you should provide the evidence to support your argument. 

i hope it is not the Drake Equation you are using as your maths....

Edited by Foxx