Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it that he is still on the roster and taking up valuable dorm space at St John Fisher?

Someone needs to start a "dead pool" to predict the date and time that the official announcement is made, making Maybin a "former Bill" and unseating Mike Williams as the all-time worst Bills draft pick. (at least Williams got some playing time and started games). I wonder if his old buddy and rookie mentor, Ray Lewis, will suggest he come tryout for the Ravens.

How is it that he is still on the roster and taking up valuable dorm space at St John Fisher?

Someone needs to start a "dead pool" to predict the date and time that the official announcement is made, making Maybin a "former Bill" and unseating Mike Williams as the all-time worst Bills draft pick. (at least Williams got some playing time and started games). I wonder if his old buddy and rookie mentor, Ray Lewis, will suggest he come tryout for the Ravens.

I think you mean Lavar Arrington. We should have known better.

How did he play de in college with that frame? This whole maybin situation just baffles me.

He must know his situation isn't far from winning the lottery…

Best of luck to him in his next pursuit.

he didnt. unless he was playing a state school with atleast two directions in its name, he did nothing.

Above all else -- the "it's hard to win in this league" comments, the incessant drafting of CBs, the lack of any feel for offense -- the Maybin pick is the biggest slap in the face Jauron gave the Bills' organization. It's simply embarrassing.

It's not Maybin's fault, as long as he's trying his hardest.

Eff you Dick.

With all due respect, the Whitner pick was worse imo. Marv spurned numerous, generous trade down offers. He said so himself on Sirius.

Jauron was a horror show, but Marv was actually worse. He hired this moron and presided over the drafts.

Because 90% of the guys on the other teams are selling insurance now.

Every picture I've ever seen of Maybin he looked about 228. Are there people here who actually believe this guy has ever weighted 250??

It's not hard to see what Maybin did. He put on about 25 pounds of muscle for the NFL combine which Im sure was very hard for him to do. I am also sure his best friend Lavar Arrington told him it was his golden ticket into the NFL and he wouldn't have to do anything after this. So he boosted his stock at the combine and after getting drafted he stopped working out and went back to his natural physique because he does not have the work ethic or desire to maintain a decent OLB playing weight.

Mystery Solved

Edited by Brian Billick

Would Merriman quit screwing around and hook a brother up with some serious steroids? None of that cream and clear **** - he needs some flat out, hard core horse steroids - double dose - stat! This boy isn't strong enough to do the laundry, much less rush the passer.

He took those right before the combine, that and p90x. Clearly this guy is another Mike D Williams in that all he wanted was a big payday. Probably why he held out....asking for as for max $$

a perfect example as to why you never should draft a one year wonder

How is living in the past treating you?

Hypothetical: Let's say you own an NFL team. That team needs 22 starting offensive and defensive players and has had 3 different GM's in 6 years and drafted 3 RB's in the first round in those 6 years....one by each GM...and yet the starting running back is a 30 year old undrafted free agent. Is it living in the past to be against drafting another RB in round 1 in the next couple years? The past is the past right?

I don't think he'll make the cut. What a terrible 1st round pick.

If the Maybin, Mike Williams, Losman & Flowers wasted 1st round picks just resulted in players with Whitner's production, this would be a much better team.

I suspect the coaching staff and FO will take his weight as a sign he's still not serious. He needed to gain at least 20 lbs in order to have a shot at making this team. I think this young man is done in Buffalo. I suspect he'll be in the first round of cuts.

I REALLY hope we don't get another year of seing kelsay run around the field and never come close to the ball. Last year was comical

I agree.lol.Kelsay is talented but he needs to go back to the line.We always draft players because they were good at a position and then ask them to change.Makes no sense.Dont crucify me for saying this because i agree lossman was a joke,but he was rated high because his o-line was crap and he could run and make things happen.Then the coaches say dont run.He would have twenty yards of running room and not run because of the coaches.I just dont understand.And yeah maybins done.he's due alot of cash this yr.

Edited by playboy reese 2.0

He did to me as well. He has fluctuated a bit though. When he came into the league he was a rail. When he was going to play 4-3 end in the Jauron/Fewell defense he put on some weight although he never looked 250 and I doubt he was close. Then the next year moved to OLB in the 3-4 he lost some of that weight to be a quicker LB. Still, his legs are toothpicks, and he doesn't have the frame to carry any significant weight. he surely better show something quick. Right now, I think he has about a 50-50 chance to make the team through opening day, but early reports are not favorable for him.

I cannot understand how any scouting report on this guy didn't talk about his body type and the obvious inability he has to add bulk and bulk strength. Unless of course DJ simply ignored them and figured Maybin would fill out.

I think based on this, his max body weight is around 235 or so, which is too small at his height for being a SAM, or being a LOLB or ROLB in a 34. Besides, I don't think he could ever have the quickness to be a WLB either.

Kind of sounds like it might be the final nail in the coffin for this guy.

They publicy announced at the end of last season they wanted to see the guy

come back bigger and stronger this year......Guess he didnt use his time on

lockout getting that done.

Above all else -- the "it's hard to win in this league" comments, the incessant drafting of CBs, the lack of any feel for offense -- the Maybin pick is the biggest slap in the face Jauron gave the Bills' organization. It's simply embarrassing.

It's not Maybin's fault, as long as he's trying his hardest.

Eff you Dick.

good thing Buddy talked some sense into the decision makers before the Bills picked :wallbash: