Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

I bet the Bills don't get even one offer.

He will be cut. The Bills will get nothing for him. Remember when he held out for a bigger contract? He has risen to the top as greatest Bills bust. He never got on the field whereas other famous Bills busts at least played a little.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing less than a first round pick for him! He was the 11th best over-all player in the 2008 draft, that has to mean something, right????

Seriously, why would anyone trade for him, when you have to pick up his first round pick salary, and knowing he's done nothing at all on the field?

If there is any interest, just wait until he's cut and you can sign him to a minimal contract.

Whatever they do, I would not cut him. Make him "play out" his contract that he held out for. Also, try him at another position. Safety, TE, etc. Just move him around. I wouldn't just cut him and let him walk away with the 5 million he held out for.

Edited by RyanC883

Outside of being packaged with another player or heaven forbid, a draft pick, I'd be very surprised if a team trades for him with his release all but inevitable.

Don't take this personally, but I'm sure you will, there is nothing less likely or more talked about than fans packaging garbage players with something else in hypothetical and completely impossible trade scenarios.

When, in the history of the NFL has this ever happened?

Occasionally, bad contracts will get traded in the NBA or NHL along with a better player but that's about as close as it gets.

I could have sworn - seriously - that he had been cut last year. Was I just hallucinating? I was surprised when I saw his name come up a couple of times this summer because I thought he'd been cut.

Maybin battling for a roster spot

The best part of this article is this:

Maybin was expected to come into camp heavier and stronger than last year when he weighed 250 pounds but instead weighed in at 228 when Buffalo opened training camp, just three pounds heavier than starting kicker Rian Lindell.

"I'm not somebody that makes a lot of excuses for myself," said Maybin. "I had a bad sickness right before we had to report back and lost a lot of weight. Luckily, I'm one of those guys that can gain or lose 10 pounds in two days so just as quickly as I was down I was back up."

And this:

His jersey is even on sale with former Bills Donte Whitner and Paul Pozulsny in the merchandise tent at St. John Fisher College.

I bet the Bills don't get even one offer.

I guess anything is possible. Bill Polian offered a draft pick for McCargo who further haunted the Bills by failing his physical thus negating the trade. :wallbash:

How about Orakpo, Oher, and Levitre?

It coulda happened if the Bills traded for the Eagles 1st 1st rounder instead of requesting their second 1st and a 6th the next year (or whatever it was). Idiots.

Think what could have happened if they had requested BOTH first round picks! Dumbasses! Because obviously whatever the Bills would have requested would have for sure been given! Frankly, I'm thinking they should have asked for both of that year's first round picks, plus a first from the following year. THAT would have been much better. Idiots! :thumbsup:

Actually, the above is laughable. Without good blocking, backs will not be successful. Drafting Spiller was putting the cart in front of the horse. But you know that right? Our record indicates that mistakes were made, as does our signing of yet another situational player.

The premise was IF HE TURNS INTO JAMAAL CHARLES. I assume that meant the talent and production. If that's true, and we get the best running production in the league, which is never just blocking and never just a talented back but a combination of both, we will have a great offense, and it will be proven to be a very good if not great pick. I think we have a better passing attack and better offensive coaching than KC.

In reading the recent article about him, it seems like he still doesn't realize he is the problem. he acts like the coaches are keeping him down. I talked to some guys i know that work for the team two years ago whil ethey were in town for the Atlanta Game. They told me that maybin was basically the least intelligent guy on the team. For what it is worth.

That's what I have been saying! The guy is dumb as a post. Being the least intelligent person on a professional football team is saying something, too. Anyone have access to this guy's wonderlic score?

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a good football player, but you have to have some basic level of cognitive functioning. All other things being equal, the smarter player will be the better player. I think Maybin is just too dumb to be a successful football player.

He doesn't know what it means to scratch and claw.

Did you see the Pittsburgh game last year. Maybin got what.....3 snaps? On one, he took a wide angle around from left end and actually got a sniff of Roethlisberger but promptly got pancaked. He lay there, listless, flat on his belly for a good 2 seconds before realizing that the play was still alive, scrambling up and chasing Ben downfield 20 yards.

That lack of competitiveness is rarely seen on the NFL level. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

You are wrong if you think this kid has "scratched and clawed". There is a difference between working hard and competing hard.

Are there a lot of years between Wake and Maybin? Sure, but the point is valid. In Wakes third year out of college, where Maybin is now, he lead the CFL in sacks.

To me, the bigger issue is that Maybin has already been paid. If you aren't competitive, and can't find that spark after getting your asss kicked every day for three seasons I don't think it matters if you are 23 or 25.

Your point is valid. I don't know if Maybin will have any career in the NFL or not. It doesn't look that way. I never watched him much in college so I don't know if he was even any good there outside of stats wise having a few sacks. I'm also not saying he is any good, nor do I have any reason to think he will be good other than I want him to because the Bills are my team. He hasn't shown much on the field.

My point was two fold, you used Wake as the example, and specifically said he used the CFL to make himself better. But it's arguable that at this stage in their careers, Wake was worse than Maybin. No team even gave him a tryout at 24 years old. My ONLY defense of Maybin is that not only was he a one year wonder, and undersized, but he was a sophomore, and 21 years old, he should be a rookie NOW. The light didnt come on for Wake until after this point in time in their life. It's not fair to say three years after college as if it is equal. Maybin only had one year of college for all intents and purposes.

Again, I am not defending the selection or the player. I think your observations are likely correct. But the kid is still VERY young.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

It's been rumored/speculated that Jauron had a ton of influence on the draft picks during his tenure in Buffalo, and that Jauron wanted Maybin (take that for what it's worth.) Nix stated if he was the GM during that time (when Maybin was drafted), that he wouldn't have drafted Maybin, because he doesn't like one-year wonders. Either way, it was the wrong pick and especially at the most critical spot in the 2009 draft.

Then why hasn't he cut him yet?