MIchael Jasper

Are we really hoping a 7th round rookie supplants a second year 2nd rounder? I hope he develops but if he leaps troupe even by the end of the year that is not a good thing. I would hope he can become a rotational depth player this year and of course a stud at some point (as I hope for every draft pick), however I haven't given up on troupe yet and hope others haven't either.

Definately an intriguing prospect tho... I can't wait to see this guy in person. I'm always amazed at the size of some of these guys that are still athletic!

Remind me: what round was Pat Williams drafted?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't expose this guy to the waiver wire. While he may have gone unnoticed (or more precisely ignored after scouts saw his weight) at tiny Bethel college, they know who he is now.

Most definitely. No way he goes to the practice squad. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the team, and I believe he's going to play unlike most of the posters. I'd argue he doesn't have to do a "lot more" than blowing up the guy in front of him at the nose. Obviously you want to see if he can shed the block and still have an eye on the runner, take on the double team, or even get into the backfield. But if he only takes out the guy in front of him consistantly in his rookie year, he's gonna play based on that alone.

You can't expose this guy to the waiver wire. While he may have gone unnoticed (or more precisely ignored after scouts saw his weight) at tiny Bethel college, they know who he is now.

No one, even the Bills coaches, know at this point whether or not he is good enough to make any team's active roster. But there is no reason, IMO, why they couldn't make a deal with him and say you need a little work, we're putting you on the PS, if anyone makes an offer for you we will match it and put you on the active roster.

Granted, if he just blows people away in training camp they will not risk it, but that is a long shot. Lets hope it happens.

Again, if I had to bet, i think he makes the roster, but it's a 50-50 shot right now. He wasn't even a very good player at a tiny college, where guys were half his size and no technique, let alone the NFL.

I just read on a post on Bills Zone that Jasper moves up to #2 NT on the Bills depth chart. I'm thinking he's gonna make the roster.

PTR

Link?

PS, I'm lazy :)

PSS, Who's #1, KW or TT?

Edited by saundena

I couldn't care less who steps up and performs.

If Troup is the guy, then that's awesome. I like to pull for the underdog and that's Jasper... and I also like to pull for weird physical freaks, and that's also Jasper. So yes... I do hope Jasper rocks the world and becomes THE MAN in the middle. But if someone else becomes THE MAN in the middle, I'll totally support them too. :)

I just read on a post on Bills Zone that Jasper moves up to #2 NT on the Bills depth chart. I'm thinking he's gonna make the roster.

PTR

The more and more I hear from camp its looking like Troup will get a lot of time at NT and Williams will play some DE. I think that gives Jasper some more value as a 3rd/2nd NT on the roster. With Kyle being the number one who flexes out a lot. Carrington and Johnson have their roles as back up DE's.

But Edwards seems like if Carrington, Troup, and Jasper preform well it might mean he gets cut. The guy is almost 30 and would actually be taking away playing time from players worth a damm.

The more and more I hear from camp its looking like Troup will get a lot of time at NT and Williams will play some DE. I think that gives Jasper some more value as a 3rd/2nd NT on the roster. With Kyle being the number one who flexes out a lot. Carrington and Johnson have their roles as back up DE's.

But Edwards seems like if Carrington, Troup, and Jasper preform well it might mean he gets cut. The guy is almost 30 and would actually be taking away playing time from players worth a damm.

Why would you cut Edwards over Johnson? O.o

Seems everyone on this board thinks we should get rid of anyone "near" 30...

Why would you cut Edwards over Johnson? O.o

Seems everyone on this board thinks we should get rid of anyone "near" 30...

It's the Jasper koolaid. Earlier poster implied Edwards is 30 and isn't worth a damn, so keep Jasper instead??? :blink: Seriously? :lol:

Edited by LabattBlue

I heard Hangartner held his own against Jasper. I'd like to see Urbik go toe to toe with him. Urbik has not been doing too good so far. I'm beginning to think that Hangartner should replace Urbik for the starters.

Or put Jasper on the OL?........naw. I like seeing Jasper on defense. But I'm keeping an eye on Urbik he is getting blown up by Dareus and getting yelled at for screwing up position drills.

Are we really hoping a 7th round rookie supplants a second year 2nd rounder? I hope he develops but if he leaps troupe even by the end of the year that is not a good thing.

How is that not a good thing? Being a 2nd round draft pick doesn't mean you are good, especially when the pick was a reach. Yeah I know he was a rookie, but Troup has shown next to nothing so far. He is not a starter, so I am not sure how he can be "supplanted". But if a 370-390 lb guy can out play troup or even become a starter, that is a VERY good thing IMO.

I am kind of worried by all of this hype though. I am rooting for Jasper as much as anyone else, but he is still a long shot to contribute to this team. Size, and youtube workout videos don't make someone a good NFL player. Let's at least watch a few preseason games before we declare him the next Ted Washington. Don't forget, he was an OFFENSIVE GUARD in college last year, he has a lot to learn.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

this was the lines the other day at training camp according to reports

Williams Troupe Dareus

Edwards Jasper Carrington

If this holds true I'm very excited. I had heard the reports of Troupe arriving to camp in great shape.