College Football - Do You Follow a Team? A Conference?

ajzepp

Reading all your guys' responses has me jonesing for kickoff more than before lol...gonna be a great season!

Yes it'll be great.

Until we get to the postseason and there are are either, a) three or more undefeated teams, or, b) one undefeated team and two or three teams with one loss. Then the controversy starts over who should play in the championship and then who plays in the totally meaningless other bowl games.

This sport desperately needs a playoff system. I will never understand why all of the bigwigs in this sport are against it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it'll be great.

Until we get to the postseason and there are are either, a) three or more undefeated teams, or, b) one undefeated team and two or three teams with one loss. Then the controversy starts over who should play in the championship and then who plays in the totally meaningless other bowl games.

This sport desperately needs a playoff system. I will never understand why all of the bigwigs in this sport are against it.

Couldn't agree more. The BCS is a bad word, IMO. The BCS ruins it for the underdog. If we had the BCS in the NFL, the Packers would never have had the chance to earn their championship where and when it matters most - on the FIELD, when it's ALL on the line. Teams often gel and become stronger over the course of the season. The best team by week 10 may not be the same team that was best on week 1. Teams deserve the chance to grow together and become stronger, and EARN their way into a playoff spot. I don't care who just had the best regular season, I care who can show up when it's all on the line when the pressure is on and knock the other guys on their asses.

I am a Richmond fan and season ticket holder. Lots of fun, affordable, easy access to players, games, coaches etc. After every home game!, the players hang out at one end of the field and talk to the fans, give autographs to the kids etc.

From a BCS perspective, like me some Terps.

What I love is that all my friends in the neighborhood know that I will on the porch watching the 3.30 SEC game , and several come over at random to grab a beer and watch the game, and shoot the poop The HD on that game always looks better for some reason...and just look forward to it every week.

born in WNY: no teams

raised in Ohio: the Ohio State University and most all MAC schools.

living in NC: NCSU is pretty cool and everyones favorite second team is WFU.

I also enjoy cheering Penn State and underdogs when they're not Boise State, TCU, or those media darlings.

As far as conferences, the MAC and the Big10/12/11/? are favorites. When they finish expanding the Big10/12/11/? I hope they find a school in the state of Michigan. It would be cool to have a team in that state that plays football.

Not sure what you meant by hoping "they find a school in the state of Michigan." If you are referring to the MAC they have 3 schools from Michigan - Eastern, Central, and Western.

I'm a huge UB fan, but my other team is UCLA.

Is that because your brain only works when there is weight on your butt?

Hey, I was just answering the question, no reason to get personel!

Syracuse and Oklahoma are the teams that I follow most closely & I watch them on TV whenever possible.

If I'm still in this area...looking forward to TCU entering the Big East so I can go to a game from time to time.

Not sure what you meant by hoping "they find a school in the state of Michigan." If you are referring to the MAC they have 3 schools from Michigan - Eastern, Central, and Western.

I'm a huge UB fan, but my other team is UCLA.

No, a big ten school in Michigan. It is easy to forget Michigan State, but I do appreciate them. So, I take that back. There is one school in that state that plays football.

I was just curious how some of you guys follow college ball. Are you passionate about a particular team? Do you tend to favor a particular conference? Do you only watch games between ranked opponents?

Take a wild guess as to what team and what conference.

I have a lot of respect for Alabama fans and the history of the program, but I frickin hate that team with a passion lol. I'm glad you guys play in the SEC, though...I like that we have the best of the best in this conference. :thumbsup:

I have a lot of respect for Alabama fans and the history of the program, but I frickin hate that team with a passion lol. I'm glad you guys play in the SEC, though...I like that we have the best of the best in this conference. :thumbsup:

Its a thing of beauty watching Jimbo Fisher down here recruit and build the 'Noles like an SEC team.

Its a thing of beauty watching Jimbo Fisher down here recruit and build the 'Noles like an SEC team.

There was serious talk about the SEC expanding, and Florida St was one of the schools I heard mentioned in the conversation. I would love to see them come play with the big boys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.