Jasper Signs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spoken young man, but I am a bit concerned at how long it took him to sign his contract.

They could have given him a bigger desk! :doh:

All kidding aside, for such a big guy, he's pretty ripped.

Edited by theesir

IMO he will go to our PS unless he kills it during the preseason.

No way. He's too big and too much of an athlete. They will put him on the 53 man roster and find a way to keep him there. I could see him filling multiple situational roles his first year such as rotating DT, NT. They could also use him in short yardage situations as a RB or FB. I though I even read somewhere that he was even running routes during the off season. It would be funny to see him lined up as a receiver.

Basically, if this guy as even an ounce of developable talent, they will keep him off the PS.

No way. He's too big and too much of an athlete. They will put him on the 53 man roster and find a way to keep him there. I could see him filling multiple situational roles his first year such as rotating DT, NT. They could also use him in short yardage situations as a RB or FB. I though I even read somewhere that he was even running routes during the off season. It would be funny to see him lined up as a receiver.

Basically, if this guy as even an ounce of developable talent, they will keep him off the PS.

I agree. He was on no one's radar before, but with all the press he's gotten, he is now. Someone else will surely sign him as a developmental project. And really, if the Bills kept McCargo all those years, they can find a (i.e. his) spot for Jasper.

I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming, but 2010 high draft picks such as Troup and Carrington had little to no impact there rookie season, but the guy who played at the NAIA(Is this one step up from Pop Warner???) level is going to make the team and fill multiple roles in his first year? :rolleyes:

I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming, but 2010 high draft picks such as Troup and Carrington had little to no impact there rookie season, but the guy who played at the NAIA(Is this one step up from Pop Warner???) level is going to make the team and fill multiple roles in his first year? :rolleyes:

Uh yea he is that good. What are you taking about the dude is 380 pounds so he is going to kill it from day 1. He doesnt need to learn anything about how to play in the NFL and doesnt need any time to develop.

He is a PS player unless he really is ahead in his development at this point but I just dont see it. Think about who will be on the DL Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington, Kyle Williams & Torell Troup. I don't see how we can keep 7 guys on the DL when we are going to try and run a 34 more this year.

Being the first to sign kind of fits neatly with the whole Jasper saga, which has made him the de facto TSW mascot/underdog fan favorite. The kid wants to play!

An added plus is he resembles my Aunt Louise. She was always my favorite Auntie.