Albert Haynesworth to New England for 2013 5th re pick

Punch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Dareus and Williams. I'll take them any day over Stroud and Fat Al.

PTR

You know something, put in that light - we are not bad off in the trenches any more are we? I still like the fact that they have proven excellent players manning the line, but d-mn, we have something going up front dont we? (Cross Fingers), and if by small chance Merriman is 90% of his old self, we might have a defense worth a damn...

You know something, put in that light - we are not bad off in the trenches any more are we? I still like the fact that they have proven excellent players manning the line, but d-mn, we have something going up front dont we? (Cross Fingers), and if by small chance Merriman is 90% of his old self, we might have a defense worth a damn...

Yeah, except that PTR obviously left out that the combo is WILFORK and the partner, which is now Haynesworth. Our duo is no place close to that tandem. Our duo hopefully will be solid, but they aren't Wilfork and Haynesworth (coached by Belicheck).

Dummies. They should be investing in defensive backs. :)

Yeah, or RB's. In which NE has gotten away with retreads for the last ten years.

Looks like the Pats just cut Stroud...

Warren, Wilfork, Haynesworth is nuts.

Absolute sick defensive line.

Say what you will, but you have to LOVE the way this organization does business....

Absolutely. Anyone without blinders on would admit this. Unfortunately, they, along with the Jets are in our division.

Everyone here assumes that Haynesworth will be the player he was years ago. That's a big leap if you ask me. The guy has been a load of dung for years now.

PTR

He'll be fine under Belicheck. Guaranteed. It's just a shame that his lazy, fatass gets rewarded for acting like a baby in Washington and now will contend for the Superbowl. That duo with Wilfork has a chance to become one of the most dominating duos in recent history.

The Pats have enough coaching backbone and player leadership that Haynesworth will be a force again.

We have Dareus and Williams. I'll take them any day over Stroud and Fat Al.

PTR

spikes,may cunningham nikovich...you put those guys behind big al, wilfork and ty warren and thats a rediculous defense...and i'm not even mentioning the secondary

spikes,may cunningham nikovich...you put those guys behind big al, wilfork and ty warren and thats a rediculous defense...and i'm not even mentioning the secondary

:thumbsup:

I think you are even missing that stud LB New England has. The younger kid, was either a rookie last year or the year before......Absolutely sick.

The Pats can have the LAZY FAT BUTT slacker.

He won't pass Bellyaches conditioning test until early September. It only took him 4 weeks to pass Shenanigans conditioning test last season in Ashburn.

Good point. I doubt he's keep himself in any kind of shape given the "vacation" of the lockout.

Everyone here assumes that Haynesworth will be the player he was years ago. That's a big leap if you ask me. The guy has been a load of dung for years now.

PTR

That's because a majority of folks here believe that the business of the NFL and its players, and hell, game strategy must comport with Madden on the Xbox.

.Haynesworth is no different than any other player in history that had one, albeit awesome, contract season.

That's because a majority of folks here believe that the business of the NFL and its players, and hell, game strategy must comport with Madden on the Xbox.

.Haynesworth is no different than any other player in history that had one, albeit awesome, contract season.

Reps die hard in fanboy world.

PTR

I'm not saying making the trade was a mistake per se, given the small amount they gave up for him. I'm saying that he's not going to have the impact some people think.

The aforementioned Adalius Thomas would be a better example. Or I could give you a slew of other name players the Pats have added that didnt' pan-out.

Oh, the irony JC!

How is he an example that the pats cannot imbue a player with a better work ethic, which is the topic right now? You said it can't be done. I mentioned it was with Moss. Now you say Thomas is a better example, even though you say he had no problems with his work ethic.

Actually...if you ask me I think the patriots have been starting to take some pretty big risks with some of their decisions.....

- The patriots defense was not as good last year as it has beenin previous years....it is masked by the fact that they have Tom Brady. They are trying to keep it competitive by bringing in AH...the problem is he is a extreme headcase....its gonna be a bullseye or miss the target altogether risk.

- Same with the Ryan Mallett pick.....the guy has a cannon....but when pressured he was a interception machine. I dont see how that changes in the pros (just like with Jake Locker) if you are doing it in college with the chips are down....then you will have an even harder time in the pros where the game speeds up like in turbo mode. Then there is the drug issue with Mallette?

I just think that the patriots are starting to make some risky moves that are hard to overcome if they dont work out.

That can only happen when BB is gone. This is a great move for them. This kid is a head case and ended up in the worst place imaginable--Washington. He's very talented and the pats just got him for absolutely nothing.

The Pats* still run a 3-4 a system that Haynesworth wanted nothing to do with in Washington and why is that suppose to change in New England? The guy is a selfish player who wants to be in a 4-3 so he can rack up the stats. Why would this change?

Honestly I can't see this working. Either he will get hurt or run himself out of town by not wanting to be in that system.